[H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:04 pm

I prefer actually seeing the minimap than 1% more dmg ^^
its not like threat is an issue anymore :P
Treck

Postby Bliss » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:14 pm

it's not about threat. it's about epeen...

nothing like tanking 5 mans and seeing yourself as number 1, clocking in at 2000-2200 dps overall in a heroic.
Bliss

Postby knaughty » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Very easy or very hard, depending on:

• How many damn laps of Strathholme you have to run for the 10 waves.
• Whether Arthas is a complete tard.

We had one where we alternated Fountain/Townhall every damn time. Impossible.

We had another where Arthas continually needed to be woken up, then decided he was going to ignore the first four packs in the gauntlet after the secret door, collect 50 mobs, and die.

DK or hunter are a big help simply due to party-wide run-speed.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Zoltar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Knaughty wrote:We had another where Arthas continually needed to be woken up, then decided he was going to ignore the first four packs in the gauntlet after the secret door, collect 50 mobs, and die.

Arthus is a total nub. The only times I have wiped in there has been because that tool runs off with total disregard.
Zoltar

Postby towelliee » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:31 am

I know this is bad but I charge newly turned 80's 500g to run them through this now cause we finish with like 7 minutes left everytime.
towelliee

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Did it last night after a Naxx run. Me, holy priest, arms warrior, rogue & mage. Finished with 3 minutes to spare. Very easy with a good group and convenient spawns. Now to run it 4 more times so we each get a drake. :)
Zoltar

Postby Pallypete » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 pm

I got my drake the other day, we actually just skipped talking to arthas right before the gauntlet so we wouldn't have to worry about him being retarded (or worry about someone talking to him at the end and starting the Mal'ganis fight). Once we killed the Drake boss we just went back to get arthas.
Pallypete

Postby Kelarik » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:31 pm

Was about 2 minutes slow in my most recent attempt (albeit my second run in HC CoT...uhm...4 I guess since MH is technically 3?) but I learned to love Holy Wrath even more than before.

Tell your healer to stop healing, throw on Ret Aura, run through a street, HW, Consecrate, Devo Aura (if required), and nuke ^_^

Really satisfying if you see 3k+ dps from aoe-capable members of your party on pulls like that, and they love it too.

Here's hoping I get it down in the next day or 3, a friend of mine in one of our server's top raiding guilds has said he's had a lot of trouble doing it though they're lacking Pally tanks. It's no secret that we are insanely good in Stratholme.
Kelarik

Location: In front of the boss eating a chocolate cornet. Now, which side's the head?

Postby samsara » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:44 am

Got the drake on my 7th successful timerun

... the only problem is .. "I can't fly epic" so it's in my bag until i will have 5k gold for it (which can take a long time as i dont have much time to play and when i play i wan't to PLAY and not to farm gold XD

one of the guy's in the group where quite a bit pissed as i told him that later.
samsara

Postby Zoltar » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:06 am

I think I would have been miffed too.
Zoltar

Postby hoho » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:49 am

Second ever run as tank, third ever heroic as tank. Finished with ~2-3mins to spare and won the drake :)

Having a DK for speed aura is nice, him having tons of aoe is better. Biggest problem was to tag all the mobs in pull as shield only hits three and there are way too many mobs to accurately tabtarget so I usually just ended up throwing shield at max range, putting consecrate between myself and healer, using holy wrath when in close range and hammering anything that I got targeted at the moment. Worked pretty well though DK spamming its death and decay sometimes pulled agro when few mobs didn't get hit from me but in the end all survived :)
hoho

Postby Maswin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:10 am

FYI you don't need to bring Arthas with you on the gauntlet, you can leave him standing outside the house - we forgot to talk to him the first few times we did this in the rush and had to go back after getting the drake, clearing the gauntlet to get to him then again to guide him through. Of course there is no sane reason you would do this, but rep is rep i guess!

Also don't worry if someone talks to him and starts the mal'ganis fight, we had a random DPSer do this (tho he denied it, arthas talking to mal'ganis in text doesn't lie). He'll die and respawn at the market square.
Maswin

Postby Veilan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 am

hoho wrote:Second ever run as tank, third ever heroic as tank.

...? If you ran the third time as a heroic tank, how could it have been your second run as a tank ever? :?

samsara wrote:Got the drake on my 7th successful timerun

... the only problem is .. "I can't fly epic" so it's in my bag until i will have 5k gold for it (which can take a long time as i dont have much time to play and when i play i wan't to PLAY and not to farm gold XD

one of the guy's in the group where quite a bit pissed as i told him that later.

Well, you had a "right" to roll, but I'm of the mind that common courtesy is to pass for someone that can actually make use of the thing being rolled on.

I'm usually finshing this with 1-2 min left, with DDs of varying quality. Apart from their capability to AoE, I find that the spawn order is the biggest time consumer.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby hoho » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 am

Veilan wrote:
hoho wrote:Second ever run as tank, third ever heroic as tank.
...? If you ran the third time as a heroic tank, how could it have been your second run as a tank ever? :?
Second time I was tanking in stratholme (both heroics), third heroic I've done at L80. Well, technically it was 2.5'th as we didn't finish heroic UP.
hoho

Postby Jasari » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:50 am

Maswin wrote:FYI you don't need to bring Arthas with you on the gauntlet, you can leave him standing outside the house - we forgot to talk to him the first few times we did this in the rush and had to go back after getting the drake, clearing the gauntlet to get to him then again to guide him through. Of course there is no sane reason you would do this, but rep is rep i guess!

Also don't worry if someone talks to him and starts the mal'ganis fight, we had a random DPSer do this (tho he denied it, arthas talking to mal'ganis in text doesn't lie). He'll die and respawn at the market square.

Yeah, I actually talked to him the first time I did a timed run because I thought we had to kill Mal'ganis in order to get to the drake boss. The group laughed at me and I quickly abandoned Arthas and ran up to them. We still got the drake and Arthas respawned without any problems.
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats