Remove Advertisements

[H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Andryana » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:24 am

Ursula wrote:So you don't talk to Arthas to initiate the Malganis fight? You just go straight to the Drake boss and leave Arthas waiting?

Yes, right before the section where Mal'Ganis is, you take a left there and at the end of that street is the corruptor, kill it loot badge and mount!
Andryana

Postby Dianora » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:06 am

Andryana wrote:
Ursula wrote:So you don't talk to Arthas to initiate the Malganis fight? You just go straight to the Drake boss and leave Arthas waiting?

Yes, right before the section where Mal'Ganis is, you take a left there and at the end of that street is the corruptor, kill it loot badge and mount!

We did this last night, and for our farming group setup (prot pally, blood death knight, fury warrior, any healer we can grab), a retribution paladin is almost a necessity for group wide regen.

The funny thing was, we went through the whole gauntlet run and end up doing the timer quest. And then we have to go back to Arthas to get the rest of the instance complete. We pretty much did everything flawlessly up to and including getting the drake. We wipe 3 times on the gauntlet after that... But a fun instance none the less. I should have my drake shortly.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby ulushnar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:44 am

Tried Heroic Strat last night and missed the timer by seconds. We hit the square with less than a minute left, but we didn't find the boss spawn in time. :-/
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:56 am

Ulushnar wrote:Tried Heroic Strat last night and missed the timer by seconds. We hit the square with less than a minute left, but we didn't find the boss spawn in time. :-/

The timer is not when you engaged him, like the Baron run in original Stratholme. The timer is on when you killed the Infinite Corruptor. We killed him with about 30 seconds on our clock.

One issue with this is the randomness of the spawn of the elite mob in the starting area. We spend considerable amount of time running back and forth between the two spawn zone, because they keep on spawning on the other spot. But with more practice, I'm sure it'll become easier.

I know my gear still sucks, but the debuff that ghoul puts on the tank seemed to be a damage multiplier. If I'm good about cleansing them off, my health is mostly ok. If they remain on me for good amount of time, I could get hit hard.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Chunes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 am

there is also a small window of time when the event expires that you can still kill the infinite dragon guy at the end and get the drake. We killed him as he was walking back into the portal and he still dropped a mount.

I wonder if you got there with like a minute to spare if you could kite him back to where arthas stands, thus giving you a decent chunk of time to burn him as he walks back to the portal...

he's not exactly quick on his feet to get back in his little time vortex...
Chunes

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:08 pm

We pulled the boss and he was all "HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT OUR ACTIVITIES" then 3 seconds later he was all "OUR ACTIVITIES ARE COMPLETE" /WAVE!

Maybe tommorow when I bring better DPS we'll get it.
antiy4ho0

Postby Veilan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Dianora wrote:One issue with this is the randomness of the spawn of the elite mob in the starting area.

Track undead.

(I almost never forget it, since I have the silly +1% undead damage on undead tracking glyph...)
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby Andryana » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:47 am

Beat it again last night, lost the roll again though, will get it eventually.

An Unholy Death knight can be a nice help since not only they have good AoE but they have an aura that enables 15% bonus on movement to party, which is pretty good.

I think it's better if you can bring 3 DPS'ers that can have good AoE, or also try that one of the DPS'ers can bring the replenishment buff, once your gear gets better with more avoidance and BV, it's a lot lighter for your healer as well.
Andryana

Postby hoho » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 am

Andryana wrote:I think it's better if you can bring 3 DPS'ers that can have good AoE, or also try that one of the DPS'ers can bring the replenishment buff
Long story short, bring shadowpriest :)

Yesterday in Naxx I did top damage on both bosses and trash. Seeing mind sear tick for 13k+ on those 8-mob trash packs made me smile.
hoho

Postby Arcia » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:02 am

Kinda easy as long as you have good dps and remember to talk to arthas all the time.

As for finding the elites mobs their spawn location actually gets marked on your mini-map with a flag ( or an arrow pointing to the flag if your far away).
Arcia

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:23 am

They also announce where the new "wave" spawns in the chat log.
Done it 5times in a row with the same setup, works wonders with, SP, ele shaman, Restoshaman, warlock And Prot pally, Mainly since Meathook is pretty much the only "hard" boss there,also, dual heroisms ^^, tried it a few times with meele heavy groups and non aoehealer, didnt go that great.
Every time we have made it for the mount theres always been some time left (maybe 15sec or less once or twice) but never seen it despawn in the middle of the fight, actual boss is maybe a 1-2min fight top. Personal best, is prolly 4+ min left on the timer.
Nice starting event and all but gets tiresome after a few times, but a good time to replenish food/drink during a heroic spree ^^
If you could spawn inside strat, with the event starting the sec you enter, and cut away all the RP shit, its a 15min instance :S
Treck

Postby Aetherial » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:35 am

Actually, each time a wave spawns, a white flag icon appears on your minimap. If you have your minimap turned off for whatever reason, I'd recommend turning it on for this encounter.

Aside from the first elite pack spawn (just to the right as you go in), the spawns appear to be random... to a point. We've found (after ~10 runs) that you tend to get a roughly equal mix of close by and ass-hauling spawns.

You CAN do Zombiefest! and still get the Infinite Corrupter, but you need to plan ahead. The easiest way we found to do this was to pull Salramm the Fleshcrafter (2nd boss) inside of the Town Hall and kill him there, which allows all of the zombies to respawn in the first half of the instance. That being said... for some reason Arthas will run more slowly it seems, he's not killing the zombies, but maybe he's running slowly looking at them and cussing or something. At any rate, he'll still come to you, you go ahead and finish the indoor part, talk to him to open the bookshelf, and go to the start of the burning section. Do NOT talk to Arthas at this point. Clear the gauntlet, kill the Infinite Corrupter, and go back to Arthas. At this point myself and our hunter run up to the starting area and kite all the zombies from there through the Town Hall. As they're about to leave the gauntlet side of the Town Hall, I run into the gauntlet and grab a couple handfuls of zombies (first section has 85 exactly), bring them in, and drop a DnD, and our paladin Holy Wraths. It's fast enough that if we're short a couple zombies we still have time to run a little further into the gauntlet and snag them in time for the achievement.
Aetherial

Postby Elsie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:25 am

If you can't see the white flag, just look for the biggest cluster of undead mobs from Sense Undead on your map. That tends to be where they are.
Elsie

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 am

If your at the fountain, and the mobs spawn at the town hall, i dont know about you, but my minimap cant scroll out that much. however, if they spawn, and you cant see the flag, then there should only be one way they can be at, so its still not hard knowing where spawn.
I have the +undead dmg glyph, but i hardly use track undead in strat, cant see anything on the minimap if i do ^^
Treck

Postby Elsie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 am

Treck wrote:If your at the fountain, and the mobs spawn at the town hall, i dont know about you, but my minimap cant scroll out that much. however, if they spawn, and you cant see the flag, then there should only be one way they can be at, so its still not hard knowing where spawn.
I have the +undead dmg glyph, but i hardly use track undead in strat, cant see anything on the minimap if i do ^^

If the flag isn't on your minimap you get a grey arrow.

And +1% dmg is hot stuff.
Elsie

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats