Remove Advertisements

[H] The Violet Hold

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Frickit » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:51 am

Doogiehowser wrote:Tried late last night with a rogue, lock, hunter and holy pally.

We got the Ethereal which our group has down to a science. He's quite easy and hasn't teleported us yet on the balcony. Might just be dumb luck, but I tried to have a slow and steady movement away from the orbs instead of an all out run. PoJ going backwards helps.

However, VW is a complete jerk. We wiped twice badly. We all have the spell cast and it still didn't help.

We'll try the stacking on me AoE method. Can the crystals help with those little buggers that can only be targeted by the one person?

WTB different boss...pst The previous day's run was with Ethereal and Elemental.

Blizzard must have something against Neil Patrick Harris.

dbm helps a lot on VW. make sure everyone stops dps during the stacking debuff that reduces healing...the healer will be a lot happier. Also, make sure that everyone is killing their baby voids. If you can do those two incredibly easy things the fight is won.
Frickit

Postby Doogiehowser » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:56 am

Frickit wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:Tried late last night with a rogue, lock, hunter and holy pally.

We got the Ethereal which our group has down to a science. He's quite easy and hasn't teleported us yet on the balcony. Might just be dumb luck, but I tried to have a slow and steady movement away from the orbs instead of an all out run. PoJ going backwards helps.

However, VW is a complete jerk. We wiped twice badly. We all have the spell cast and it still didn't help.

We'll try the stacking on me AoE method. Can the crystals help with those little buggers that can only be targeted by the one person?

WTB different boss...pst The previous day's run was with Ethereal and Elemental.

Blizzard must have something against Neil Patrick Harris.

dbm helps a lot on VW. make sure everyone stops dps during the stacking debuff that reduces healing...the healer will be a lot happier. Also, make sure that everyone is killing their baby voids. If you can do those two incredibly easy things the fight is won.

I agree that they are easy in theory, but not for your average PuG :D

I'll have to get DBM.
Doogiehowser

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:47 am

On Xevozz, the ethereal, I found out it's much, much easier if you streamline the orbs. Whenever there was confusion on how to kite him, there were orbs coming from 2 directions.

I tank him by the rubble ramp. By the time the orbs start moving I kite him on either direction from the upper ramp. This way both orbs come from the pile so you always have both at a very easy to spot-and-run point.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General Strats