Remove Advertisements

[H] The Violet Hold

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Frickit » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 am

For the Voidwalker we couldnt beat him but I think we would have.

Wont ignoring the sentries make the fight a lot harder? Im not sure what killing them does I just know that we werent killing them fast enough and shit kept getting fubar. In that case would it be advisable to focus fire the boss even when trying to kill the sentries had the party dying? Im thinking of my healer.
Frickit

Postby Chunes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:44 am

sentries will tax your healer. they have so little health that anyone that can attack them should. It makes the fight significantly easier.
Chunes

Postby Ferathyi » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:22 am

Long time reader, first time poster.

It strikes me that it is possible to use the defense crystals to destroy Ichoron's globules... so why not Xevozz's orbs and Zuramat's void sentries?

My last two runs I haven't had either boss so I haven't had a chance to test it.

Can anyone confirm / deny?
Offtank - as in, off tanking.
Ferathyi

Postby TheBaldGuy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Brute wrote:whuts cc? (lol) ok yeah I see.

CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
TheBaldGuy

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 am

Question:

How is a healdin going to position himself during the water boss fight.

He explodes into mini me's then everyone spreads WAY out to chase down these things, and they end up taking massive damage and we all get thrown all over the place.

I found it hard to keep everyone in range without being the in path of the little dudes who would start tossing me around like a volleyball.

I was healing,

Any idea?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:16 am

My healadin stood further back while moved the boss away from the ranged. Usually when it explodes, i see the melee group fly away while the healer/mage/hunter/warlock/afk stand there.

hugs?
Losbullitt

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:39 am

The mini-me guys seems to do an arcane explosion type thing with knock back while running back to the middle. I can't seem to avoid being next to them as they come and blow me up.

Any suggestions?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby daemonym » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:20 am

Threatco wrote:The mini-me guys seems to do an arcane explosion type thing with knock back while running back to the middle. I can't seem to avoid being next to them as they come and blow me up.

Any suggestions?

every time i've gotten the water boss the healer ran up close to where the bos "died" at and the rest of the group went to blow up the babies. if a few slipped by the healer just ran back some more and around the sides to avoid them. there damage wasn't too hard that a single FoL won't take care of for the duration.

VOIDWALKER: if you have the show enemy cast bars option ticked you'll see him cast a buff on himself that when you basically do anything to him you get the -20% heals debuff. got him for the frist time yesterday, wiped hardcore first time as we didn't know what to do. i found this out and called for dps to stop when he casted it. our healer then just focused on aoe heals then once it went down, tank and spank. during this time i stopped dps as well and threw a few heals out also just to help ease the burden. also, shadow resist aura is a wonderful thing. i was also told that a fel hunter can eat the buff or a mage can spell steal it so you get more time to dps and not stand around.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Kellel » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:48 am

As far as the Arakkoa boss goes, you can debate the enrage and it's effects all you want, but the fact is, the boss heals the adds lol. Going for the adds before the boss will make the fight 3-5 times longer than it needs to be lol.

Burn the boss down, then the adds ... easy mode.
Kellel
Maintankadonor

Postby Velorian » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:39 am

I had a hell of a time last night with the water boss. We settled on using the emergency crystals when he splits up.

Can anyone lay out their full strategy for this boss, including their positioning?
Velorian

Postby DracoTB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:53 am

Did H VH the other day. The bosses (Arrakoa, Demon jellyfish, Cyanigosa) were fairly simple - just tank and spank basically. Had much more difficulty with the trash especially on the wave before last boss as they would walk across my consecrate as they came out of the portal and head for the healer. Will have to look at better placing there.

Cyanigosa one shot the healer at the beginning of the fight (she was still drinking so auto-crit) after I used AS. As this happened again (we lost the 'lock to it) I figured she randomly targets someone else in the group during the fight. I switched to SoL/JoL and kept tanking. Group got her down about 10/15% before the healer popped the SS and started healing again.
DracoTB

Postby smeej » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 am

I find it odd that they only boss I really have trouble with is the water elemental. Or maybe he just annoys me. The bird and air guys are fun.

For the voidwalker, if your group has enough dps and heals you can just throw on Shadow Resist Aura and have everyone stack on you and spam AoE. It's worked for me everytime.

The only trouble I've ever had with the dragon is pets stealing aggro after she resets. I don't like pets anyway. :)
smeej

Postby Fathammer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:00 pm

I NEED A STRAT FOR Ethreal.

It was the first one we got. Granted i did not have a cream of the crop group the other bosses on heroic i have seen are cake. We tried him about 5 times before we decided that we were screwed. What would happen is after i kited him up the stairs and towards the middle he would port us. no one could get out of the way of the two balls before the healer and our mage died. I would get away and die from a 5k hit from boss :(

Any help would be great :)

Edit: my magelo isnt up to date :)
Prot til the end.
Fathammer

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Majiben wrote:This is my so far fool proof method of kiting him. Your party (the blue dots) stand at the top of the rubble ramp. Throw your shield at the boss (green dot) and hold him at the top of the stairs till he summons his orbs (brown circles). Then and only then kite him clock wise on the ramp. At the end he should be dead or near dead. Kite him back the other way if he has time to summon a second set of orbs (shouldn't happen unless you lose a dps).

From the thread titled [H] VH, Xevozz issues
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Doogiehowser » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:38 am

Tried late last night with a rogue, lock, hunter and holy pally.

We got the Ethereal which our group has down to a science. He's quite easy and hasn't teleported us yet on the balcony. Might just be dumb luck, but I tried to have a slow and steady movement away from the orbs instead of an all out run. PoJ going backwards helps.

However, VW is a complete jerk. We wiped twice badly. We all have the spell cast and it still didn't help.

We'll try the stacking on me AoE method. Can the crystals help with those little buggers that can only be targeted by the one person?

WTB different boss...pst The previous day's run was with Ethereal and Elemental.

Blizzard must have something against Neil Patrick Harris.
Doogiehowser

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats