Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby verthis » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:14 am

Thought I’d give it a shot. 74 minutes later without using any cooldowns I had my achievement and about 250 gold worth of items ( BoE shoulders sold for 160g ) and 181 gold. Alternating seal of light and wisdom and pulling more of the dragon hatchlings when mana got low.

Overall not to difficult only pain was phase 2 when she flies around the room and had to chase her around using judgment and avenger shield to do damage.
verthis

Postby Krazy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:21 am

Been working on trying to get my time down on this...using divine plea/arcane torrent every time its up on P1/P3 helps with mana a lot.

Additionally, using SoC/SoV during Phase 2 and relying on whelps for mana will greatly reduce your time.

This week was 29 minutes (barely made it within BoSanct timer) from zone in to kill.
Krazy

Postby Pursan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Did this last night, I have no heroic gear so it is possible with only normal dungeon blues and crafted pieces. Like everyone else has said the only real pain was phase 2, I nearly died when one of the guardians respawned and started wailing on me as I chased Onyxia around. I tried using the whelps to keep my mana up but i kept getting too many and they would get behind me and start to do some damage so I tried to keep it just 1v1. 45 minutes later I had the mage and druid T2 helms, and the Onyxia bag along with some boe blues that I sold to vendor. Worst part was since I had never killed her before my achievement caught my guilds attention and I got yelled at by our GM for not doing heroics and screwing around in the old world. I think i am going to bring a ranged dps for next time just to help quicken up the run.

Pursan

Postby Sanctity » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 am

I did it, slowly...

srsly, 1h10m >< i was level 79, in my defence.

got my tier 2 hat tho! WOOO :D
I think the trick's that you made someone proud.
Sanctity

Postby thejuice » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:03 pm

i just did it, took about 45 mins, mostly blue rep rewards, my only epic is the malganis shield. I honestly didnt think id be able to do it. the air phase got kind of tricky, good thing i had the presence of mind to equip my colossus figurine beforehand. phase 3 was cake, went and pulled some whelps out of the caves to speed things up.

and no judgment helm :(
thejuice

Postby mavfin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:11 pm

Pursan wrote:Worst part was since I had never killed her before my achievement caught my guilds attention and I got yelled at by our GM for not doing heroics and screwing around in the old world.

Man, I'd never be in a guild that was that regimented and thought they had the right to chew on me for this. If it wasn't a 'scheduled' raid time or heroic, then if I want to play with Ony, it's my stress relief time to use if I wish.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:05 am

First time I dualboxed it with my shadowpriest, awfully easy. Second time I took my demolock with me to make it faster. I screwed up when she landed so both my SP and lock got killed. Taking down the last 30% was pretty easy actually, I ended up with higher HP than I started it :)

Btw, I know someone has soloed her as a shadowpriest. Though he also had almost full T7.5 gear.

I wonder if it would be possible to 3-box some TBC world bosses ...
hoho

Postby vya » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Just did this...took 35 mins. Let the whelps beat on me during phase 2. I was actually able to use HotR and ShoR while she was in the air. Got the achievement, plus 188 gold, 2 18 slot bags, 2 warrior helms, 2 BoE blues and a codex of prayer of protection. Fun stuff!
vya

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:06 am

I did it this Sunday. The first attempt resulted in a Phase 2 death, the second one was a success.

Lesson learned: Don't forget to use Sacred Shield, it makes one hell of a difference.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby hoho » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:10 am

Soloing Onyxia, now by shadowpriest :)
hoho

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 am

GOT IT!

180g... came out to around 200ish after selling the epics (not an enchanter)

was a total joke... actually - raptor in ZG was harder IMO...

need to go hit up attumen at some point... haven't done that one yet...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Crathus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:24 am

Accomplished last night with ease, about 40 minutes. Used SoW and JoW the whole time and just dropped a couple heals every 4 or 5 minutes. This consistently gave enough mana to use SoR, JoW, HotR, and AS whenver they where up.

Phase two, just run around to stay under her and do the same. Pop Collosus trinket with whelps to regen to full.

Phase 3 - Took the longest b/c of the stupid fears :P But other than that it was cake.

186G - dropped + 2BoE blues sold for about 30G each + Vender epics for about 12G total.

When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object...
Crathus

Postby CKaz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:55 am

Can anyone talk about doing this pre-80, better as Prot or Ret?
I'm 73 right now and in a Invasion/PvP/quest-gear mix.

Guessing I should wait a bit, heh.

btw - Pallies rock but I believe other 80s are soloing Naxx too
Think I first read a Shammy did it, so I wanted to dig into the details
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby Elsie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:29 am

btw - Pallies rock but I believe other 80s are soloing Naxx too
Think I first read a Shammy did it, so I wanted to dig into the details

the only thing possibly soloable in naxx would be rasuvious and loatheb. And I'm pretty sure paladin is the only one on the loatheb front for solo. Though at some point a druid might swing it.
Elsie

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Any thoughts on doing this pre 80 with a warlock? I'm 75 and would give it a shot if anyone thought it doable.
Doogiehowser

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats