Remove Advertisements

Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Seraphyna wrote:To be honest, Rajaxx is the one who ends up giving me the most problems, and I generally have to sit back and throw myself a few more heals then I would like, and occasionally get to a point I'll need to pop LoH. Either way he's yet to kill me, so it's not all that bad.

The key is that his special will do HALF of your current health in damage. So, at first, it's a lot. Between sacred shield and a high block value, that special was a significant part of the incoming damage. Moreover, if you keep the Cenarion NPC alive, his aura will heal you for 200 health per 3 seconds. That, combined with SOL/JOL, should keep you mostly healed (if I remember correctly) with the exception of the health-halving thing. I think I actually sealed or judged wisdom, but I'm not sure.

You can probably afford to do a holy light at various points. I found that with all the NPCs alive, I was able to DPS him mostly down (with probably a heal or two?), and then bubble+heal when I was very low. Moreover, when you're in Ardent Defender range, I suspect that that further reduced the damage taken. I did end up healing a few times (and Draenei racial is nice ;)), but not enough to feel panicked.

edit: Also, I think that (wnen buffed) Andorov will occasionally overtake you on threat, as I believe the knockback reduces your threat. I could be wrong on that, but I thought I remembered him tanking a bit. As long as he's not almost-dead, you may be able to get a holy light in and then taunt off of him.
Kelaan

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Vindicated wrote:How do you manage to accidentally skip kurinnaxx? he has a pretty big aggro range, I have accidentally aggroed him on my solo AQ20's.

I have no idea. He must've been blending in with the sand, because I didn't see him. I just ran up on the raised platform and ran around him. I was more concerned with avoiding the pats and stuff.

I discovered that if you pull Ossyrian without killing any other bosses, you get saved to the instance.
Belloc

Previous

Return to General Strats