Remove Advertisements

Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Postby Krazy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:14 am

I know I'm a bit late on this since she's been done quite a bit at 70 with excellent gear...but I figured I'd give it a shot today as prot with mostly level 80 blues...couple epics from heroics but overall not that much.

I have 21.7K hp/556 defense unbuffed...fire resist aura pretty much cuts all the fire damage down to nil...didn't bother with any FR gear at all.

Phase 1 and 3 are pretty straightforward...I used SoW and judged it with light. For the rotation I used only HS and SoR...HotR too used too much mana.

Phase 2 is kinda tricky but the key is to not try to aoe the whelps but just let them beat on you. Sanct will keep your mana full while you dps ony. The fight itself takes about 45 minutes.

and the rewards???

Me posting by my kill with spoils equipped...Judgement Crown :-D

Krazy

Postby amh » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:07 am

150 gold? Damn.. :O
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Krazy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:02 am

Yeah, its like 159 gold and some change. The onyxia hide backpack is nice too since its an 18 slotter. 20's on my server are still 400g+ so I'll be using these for bank bags and whatnot until the 20s get cheaper.
Krazy

Postby Nagoyah » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:24 am

So in theory two lv80's (tank and dps) could maybe take her down (skill dependant) in under 30mins and get 80g each plus DE all the other stuff....Mmmmm one for my future me thinks ^^

Gratz btw :D
Tribute to late George Carlin
"I would like to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming like the rest of the people in the car."
Nagoyah

Postby Deflect » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:35 am

What is that mod with the loot called?
Deflect

Postby Xerian » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:43 am

Deflect wrote:What is that mod with the loot called?

Xloot
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... xloot.aspx
Xerian

Postby loladine » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:07 pm

solo'd her a day ago or somit very easy now you just go in and tank it like any other mob keeping sacred shield up
dont need to kill any of the little dragons just let them give mana bk while u nuke ony in the air
took me under 30 min and i got 2xony bags as well xD and 150g easy mode stuff now
loladine

Postby phaqueue » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 am

just had a paladin in our guild solo her as ret... said it took him 15-30 min or so...

he said it was a pushover... so I'm thinking should be possible even in blue gear...

haven't tried it yet... but I'll probably hit 70 this week sometime - and try it then...

gold dropped is 100-200... doesn't change at all based on level - it's just random between those 2 numbers...

also - my roommate (feral druid) was able to solo every boss in ZG... so should definitely be doable for a pally (ret or prot I believe)...

I'll try that later and post about it too...
phaqueue

Postby arilink » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Going in there now ... !

Edit: Worked fine in 23 min.
Last edited by arilink on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
arilink

Postby HinataDestiny » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 am

logging in just to do this...post results when done
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby HinataDestiny » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:16 am

took 51 minutes didnt drop pally T2 helm /cry got the bag, 160g, Mage and Rogue Helm, the Mature Black Dragon Sinew, 2 BoE blues, The Cloak and the 1H axe.
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Poneress » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:15 pm

I saw this thread and wanted to give it a try myself.

I went in (I'm fresh 80, turned in the night before I did this) Killed a few of the dragons in the begining and got to Onyxia!

Phase 1 = Seal of Wisdom, Holy Shield, HoR, Judge of Light, Fire Aura up at all times. I also kept Sared Shield and Divine Plea up consistantly. It took me a bit but I got her to fly finally.

Phase 2 = Seal of Light, Holy Shield, HoR, Judge of Light, Fire Aura up at all times. I needed to do SoL and JoL because the whelps did add a lot of dmg that I needed to keep myself up. Having Blessing of Sanc up kept my mana considering the whelps never were able to hit me. I did however have to use my LoH here, I probably could have avoided it but choose to be safe. The hardest part is keeping Onyxia "In front" of you due to her moving around a lot.

Phase 3 = Seal of Wisdow, Holy Shield, HoR, Judge of Light, Fire Aura up at all times. Kept Sared Shield and Divine Plea going as well. The final phase was fun, same as phase 1, but just the knowing that I was going to do it got my heart beating!!

I ended up downing her in 41 minutes total (Stam food timer) From opening the front door of Ony's Lair to Looting her. It was fun talking in Guild chat a little while doing this, I was counting down her HP occasionally and there didn't realize I was actually SOLOing her. Got done and there like WOAH!!!!

Kinda cool, I LOVE my class no other class can compare!

Here's a short youtube of my killshot/acheivment just so ppl didn't question me. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJdIUoC1pUw

Here's my armoury also

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spirestone&n=Poneress
Poneress

Postby Non » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Nagoyah wrote:So in theory two lv80's (tank and dps) could maybe take her down (skill dependant) in under 30mins and get 80g each plus DE all the other stuff....Mmmmm one for my future me thinks ^^

Gratz btw :D

I was doing this weekly at lvl70 with my resto druid and a warrior friend. We did it in around 20min. The gold she drop is random and some weeks we got 90g each. That i not so bad for a 20min lul fight. But I don't know how hard it is at 80 because she will Deep Breath more now.
Non

Postby Poneress » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:10 pm

The Deep Breathe honestly didn't seem to happen to often.
Poneress

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 am

Dualboxed her last night on my fresh L80 tankadin and shadowpriest. SP was just idling most of the time, when pala got to ~100k threat I used SP to DPS up to ~75k threat and threw salvation on him. In the end pala did ~60% of overall damage. In second phase I just stood still, aoe'd whelps and had prayer of mending jumping between the two. In phases 1 and 3 no pala healing was nessesary, Sol/JoL was enough to keep him around 40-60% hp.

It took around 30 minutes to do, I could have done it faster if I had set up a proper two-box environment. I guess this will become my new "weekly quest" :)
hoho

Next

Return to General Strats