Which heroics are the easiest?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 am

caboom wrote:
Worldie wrote:
caboom wrote:8 - Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Pinnacle

?

This istance is as easy as nexus/keep as long as you don't go with braindead people who don't understand that standing in blue shit is wrong.

We eventually made the achievement on last boss because we did DPS him so quick (with neo 80) that he didn't do bane at all.

Undergeared tanks will have big problems on trash, and will find it to be hard on bosses, you're not an undergeared tank. Unlike other instances this is an impossible one w/o beeing crit capped(3rd boss is not forgiving). Downranked it to 7.

@2ndin : Oculus is a 2, except the last boss xD

I'd agree with the critcapped part, but i managed to deal with this istance as neo 80, uncrittable with barely 18k unbuffed HP with no CC.

The main issue with trashs is that you need to priorize them. Some mobs hit very hard and need to be stunlocked/killed quick. Also the debuff that the mobs with dogs put on you needs to be dispelled asap or you'll start to get 3-4k damage on top of the melee damage from dogs.
Last but not least, trashs at the end are terrible. The necromancers have a horrible aoeshadowbolt, 2 hitting at same time will oneshot someone, and the berserkers have a aoe targetted fear, hence have people spread and be prepared to ninjacleanse the healer or bubble out of a fear. Shamans are a huge plus in this place (dps or healer, doesn't matter).

Last boss, ye i'd guess he can be terribly unforgiving for a crittable tank.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:22 am

Worldie wrote:I'd agree with the critcapped part, but i managed to deal with this istance as neo 80, uncrittable with barely 18k unbuffed HP with no CC.

The main issue with trashs is that you need to priorize them. Some mobs hit very hard and need to be stunlocked/killed quick. Also the debuff that the mobs with dogs put on you needs to be dispelled asap or you'll start to get 3-4k damage on top of the melee damage from dogs.
Last but not least, trashs at the end are terrible. The necromancers have a horrible aoeshadowbolt, 2 hitting at same time will oneshot someone, and the berserkers have a aoe targetted fear, hence have people spread and be prepared to ninjacleanse the healer or bubble out of a fear. Shamans are a huge plus in this place (dps or healer, doesn't matter).

Last boss, ye i'd guess he can be terribly unforgiving for a crittable tank.

Hence a 7, on Drak'tharon or VH by comparison it is perfectly possible for a crittable tank to just aoe tank the whole 3-4 mob packs w/o any CC at all.
Last edited by caboom on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
caboom

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:24 am

TEN THOUSANDS? O.o

Was he wearing greens or what, he barely hits me for 6-7k unblocked.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:34 am

Worldie wrote:TEN THOUSANDS? O.o

t6 warr with some dungeon epix/craftables/badge gear.
caboom

Postby gwayne » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:39 am

Worldie wrote:TEN THOUSANDS? O.o

Err yeah... 10 thousand? Are you sure he's not getting crit? The only think that's hit me for 10 thousand in a heroic is the first boss in Halls of Lightning when he mortal striked me with the buff up (ow!). I've got to admit I've only done Utgarde Pinnacle, Halls of Lightning and Violet Hold. The list above saying that two of those are the hardest makes me a bit sad really.
Then again AoEing 10 man Naxx trash was slightly depressing as well (kinda fun too).
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:46 am

It must be me then, maybe he was missing something or maybe it was a crit, i don't know, i will remove it from my statement upper. :P
caboom

Postby EvilNuff » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 am

caboom wrote:This is what i consider to be the order of dificulty for heroics, with marks from 1-10 :

2 - Drak'tharon Keep
3 - Violet Hold
3 - The nexus
4 - Halls of stone
4 - Utgarde Keep
4 - Azjol-Nerub
5 - Caverns of Time: The Culling of Stratholme
5 - Gun'drak
5 - Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
6 - Halls of Lightning
7 - The Oculus
7 - Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Pinnacle

Utgarde Pinnacle is not very hard, its a challenge but we have struggled far more with both bug instances AN and Old Kingdom. Halls of Lightning so far is the hardest for us, 100% because of the final boss.

Violet Hold is easy once you figure out every boss but if you run through 12 waves, get a new boss that you don't know and wipe learning its a PITA. Once you know them its easy.
EvilNuff

Postby Ilenus » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Yeah, once your group knows how do to everything in every part of the instance well and you get mega DPS, etc. then Heroic X is easy....

It's possible to be hit for 10,000 by Skadi's Crush, and of course King Ymiron will attack you for half your life with Dark Slash, for whichever boss you were talking about up there pre-edit.
Ilenus

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:57 pm

got a little bit more experience since i started this thread and the list caboom put up looks pretty good cept for CoT strath, ive found that to be almost as easy as Drak keep, and the oculus... i dunno about a 7, seemed easier than that.
Jobah

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Done them all, with competant people you can do any of them easily.

The most fun I have is doing Culling of Strat Heroic for the mount, done it twice now; still no mount.

I did get a White Polar Bear Mount though.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Amarant_Pally » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:09 am

Vanifae wrote:Done them all, with competant people you can do any of them easily.

The most fun I have is doing Culling of Strat Heroic for the mount, done it twice now; still no mount.

I did get a White Polar Bear Mount though.

We've had 3 out of 3 total "timed" runs. Is the drop-rate *not* 100%? LOL
Amarant_Pally

Postby Freemount » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:04 am

Done them all many times each.

Easiest: Draktharon keep
Hardest: Gundrak
Freemount

Postby Belarkan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:36 am

Jobah wrote:got a little bit more experience since i started this thread and the list caboom put up looks pretty good cept for CoT strath, ive found that to be almost as easy as Drak keep, and the oculus... i dunno about a 7, seemed easier than that.

Well, very well geared tanked with proper CC may find it easy.
I spent a lot of time there with health jumping between 100% to 20%.
violet hold is much easier and utgard keep somewhat easier.
A guild group went for utgarde pinnacle, they wiped on the trashes (warrior tank, 22K health).

For what I've seen yet, caboom rating matches.
Belarkan

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:31 pm

What i want to know, how HARD is heroic with an 'average' party?
ie people who never got T6 gear, who never downed brutalis pre 3.0.

Ie a tank in seronite/tempered gear only, 500-540 defence with a healer pushing around 1000 spellpower and 1-2 competent cc?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Kelaan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:52 pm

I'll let you know once I'm there, hehe. :-) I'd imagine that "hard enough to be very challenging" is where it'll be - like doing heroics in BC when in blues only. It's possible, but hard, and you can't snooze through it.
Kelaan

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats