Remove Advertisements

Which heroics are the easiest?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Which heroics are the easiest?

Postby Jobah » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 am

Just dinged 80, did Utgarde keep with ease, then tried utgarde pinacle later and didnt even make it past the 2nd boss. My healer kinda sucked, not to mention my gear doesnt help the situation, but still the healer sucked to say the least.

So what are some of the easier ones to start off on? and the real difficult ones to save for later.
Jobah

Postby æ » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:49 am

You sound like someone that would be awesome to group with.
æ

Postby 2ndNin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:19 am

if your gear sucks don't blame your healer, on most servers at the moment any healer is hard to get. If you die on trash cc more and learn your healer limits, being a good tank isn't about huge tps it's about surviving, and that means knowing what the group you are with can do and adapting.

As for your question

Nexus is a dps instance, if you have lots it's easy
Oculus is a movement instance, it's dps and healing light
Drak'theron is easy if you skip the optional boss
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Andryana » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm

After some farming today here are my thoughts:

-Drak'Tharon is really fast and easy with the only difficulty being the raptor boss, everything else is quite simple, probably one of the best to me for farm badges.

-Nexus seemed slightly harder to me, the extra boss hits quite hard but the trash and the other bosses aren't hard.

-On Stratholme had some trouble with the dragonkin waves but no deaths and a smooth run, i think that the timed run for the mount is doable already but didn't take notice of how long we took to clear the place.

-Oculus is a very fun instance that has potential imo for some badge farming as soon as people get used to the dragons thing, right now there is always some confusion that makes the instance longer
Andryana

Postby Jobah » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Thanks, ill give those a try

and reason i was blaming my healer was cuz there were a few times when my HP dropped super low i would do the things im supposed to like pop trinkets/pot/HS and i would just sit down at low HP for a while. He was very inattentive to say the least.
Jobah

Postby Lazaren » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm

None of the 80 non-heroics are really DIFFICULT per say, but I do find The Oculus to be a bit annoying if people aren't cooperating, and tanking all those magic casting mobs in there is a pain...
Lazaren

Postby UMIO » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:38 am

quick off topic question:

do Heroics require a key or certain standing like they did in BC or can you just jump straight into them once your level 80?
UMIO

Postby Lazaren » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:23 am

I haven't needed a key other than Violet Hold which the guy out front will give you just for accepting the quest on normal. As far as rep goes I haven't noticed although I am already honored with everyone, so that would be for someone else to answer. From what I have seen though I doubt it. As long as you have the gear and know-how you're good to go :D
Lazaren

Postby Tankznspankz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:20 am

Just fyi, if you want to do heroics on ez mode take a druid healer with you so fuckin op nowadays
Tankznspankz

Postby Andryana » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Tankznspankz wrote:Just fyi, if you want to do heroics on ez mode take a druid healer with you so fuckin op nowadays

Except on Old Kingdom where they are a pain to kill on insanity! :P

Strat is really really easy once you get a few upgrades from heroics, missed the timed run for like 2 minutes today but surely will beat it soon, got the lovely shield anyway!
Andryana

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:29 am

This is what i consider to be the order of dificulty for heroics, with marks from 1-10 :

2 - Drak'tharon Keep
3 - Violet Hold
3 - The nexus
4 - Halls of stone
4 - Utgarde Keep
4 - Azjol-Nerub
5 - Caverns of Time: The Culling of Stratholme
5 - Gun'drak
5 - Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
6 - Halls of Lightning
7 - The Oculus
7 - Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Pinnacle
Last edited by caboom on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
caboom

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 am

Oculus is a 2 if you can get your group to move correctly, it can be 2/3 manned on all bar the last boss with an undergeared healer.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:42 am

caboom wrote:8 - Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Pinnacle

?

This istance is as easy as nexus/keep as long as you don't go with braindead people who don't understand that standing in blue shit is wrong.

We eventually made the achievement on last boss because we did DPS him so quick (with neo 80) that he didn't do bane at all.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 am

Worldie wrote:
caboom wrote:8 - Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Pinnacle

?

This istance is as easy as nexus/keep as long as you don't go with braindead people who don't understand that standing in blue shit is wrong.

We eventually made the achievement on last boss because we did DPS him so quick (with neo 80) that he didn't do bane at all.

Undergeared tanks will have big problems on trash, and will find it to be hard on bosses, you're not an undergeared tank. Unlike other instances this is an impossible one w/o beeing crit capped(3rd boss is not forgiving). Downranked it to 7.

@2ndin : Oculus is a 2, except the last boss xD
caboom

Postby Petrus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:54 am

I'd say the following:

Easy:
Drak'Tharon Keep
Utgarde Keep
Halls of Stone
CoT: Stratholme

Hard:
Azjol-Nerub
Ahn'kahet, The Old Kingdom
Utgarde Pinnacle (mostly Skadi the Ruthless)

Haven't done:
Gundrak
Halls of Lightning
Violet Hold
The Nexus
The Oculus (haven't tried at all, normal or heroic)
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General Strats