Remove Advertisements

[H] Azjol-Nerub

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Hadronox woes...

Postby Brutalicus » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Longtime reader, first time poster here....
I was in this instance with a pretty stacked group last night, had no problem besting the initial timed pulls and the first boss, but we got to Hadronox and killed the mobs before him and waited for him to web the doors...
and waited...
and waited...
And he didn't web them. Has anyone else encountered a similar bug?
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby gummyrabbit » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Did this instance last night.

Me
Disc Priest
S Priest
Ret Pally
Warlock

Everything was easy until the last boss. Our group was all blue geared except me. I have a mix of blue/badge/Naxx10/Naxx25 gear. The poison was what killed us over and over. Finally I told the ret pally that when the venomspitters show up, he stops DPS and does nothing but cleanse poison. Even then we barely downed the boss because our DPS was low. One thing I was wondering after the fight...we had two priests...can the venomspitters be shackled???
gummyrabbit

Postby Maat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:33 pm

To be fair, you should be helping to cleanse the poison too.

The venomancers are fully CC-able by anti-undead measures. Forget shackle really, just make sure they are focused on and preferably stun-locked to death as soon as they reach the platform.
Maat

Postby Zeels » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Didn't find asshole nerub that hard tbh, Old kingdom slightly harder.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Danth » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Go figure, I've never bothered avoiding Pound. Instead I just tell the wife when it's casting so she has a big heal ready to land just after Pound does. Even sucking up Pound, Anub Arak's melee damage output doesn't seem like a problem. The hardest part of the encounter is the third wave of additional MOBS.

Maybe next time I'll actually avoid Pound to see if doing so actually helps. I suppose it may help if I didn't have my healer sitting next to me, and if she didn't have such excellent mana regeneration.

Danth
Medivh server, on hiatus
Danth

Postby Brudar » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:55 pm

I must be a good tank then I find this really easy I think it was my 3rd heroic I placed my foot in. The only problem I have is on the last boss and his pound. Ive run everywhere it always hits me. So now I just stand in place and pop a CD or 2 lol
Before:

After:
Brudar

Postby phaqueue » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:53 am

I'm terrible at the whole "avoid pound" thing...

I tend to get hit by it at least once a fight... honestly - for the first 3 or so runs I didn't even know you could avoid... still haven't had problems with this instance...

only time I had a problem was when I had a priest healer in FULL s3/s4 gear... including offset pieces...

he had like 12-13k mana... and 0 regen, basically told him his gear was terrible for PVE at 70... why would it be good at 80?

other than that... have had 0 problems with this boss... none at all :)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Zeels » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:01 am

The pound is extremely easy to avoid. Get the TJH addon, and a raid warning when he does it. When he does just run straight through him, and you are safe. When he has pounded, he will turn around, so then you can just position him again.

I really enjoy this fight though, it one of the better 5-man boss fights IMO
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:37 am

FINALLY got the last boss down after 5 wipes in a row.
What a royal a$$hat.

First 5 wipes it was:
Pallytank, Hunter, 2 mages & Pally healer.

That was 5 wipes in a row. Just couldn't keep the heals up.

Pally left, we got a disc priest.
Got it first go.

And no, the priest wasnt better geared, the reverse. pally had 21k mana buffed, priest 16k.

AoE heals ftw.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Nemuria » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:17 am

Also be careful on not turning ama'barak around. Just run through. Due to lag players' location are not what you see on screen. Especially melee dps staying behind but even ranged can be caught. At least ask everybody to spread out and not trying to AOE bugs during Pound.
Nemuria

Postby Frickit » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 am

masterpoobaa wrote:FINALLY got the last boss down after 5 wipes in a row.
What a royal a$$hat.

First 5 wipes it was:
Pallytank, Hunter, 2 mages & Pally healer.

That was 5 wipes in a row. Just couldn't keep the heals up.

Pally left, we got a disc priest.
Got it first go.

And no, the priest wasnt better geared, the reverse. pally had 21k mana buffed, priest 16k.

AoE heals ftw.

Depending on the group makeup this fight can be easy or pretty hard. Its usually the poison stacks that cause my wipes on him. The pally healer usually cleanses and we win. The holy priest has a very hard time if you dont have any other pallys....tanking and cleansing can be too hard for mana and holding onto all targets.

Little surprised you did better with a priest than a healadin.
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 am

gummyrabbit wrote:Did this instance last night.

Me
Disc Priest
S Priest
Ret Pally
Warlock

Everything was easy until the last boss. Our group was all blue geared except me. I have a mix of blue/badge/Naxx10/Naxx25 gear. The poison was what killed us over and over. Finally I told the ret pally that when the venomspitters show up, he stops DPS and does nothing but cleanse poison. Even then we barely downed the boss because our DPS was low. One thing I was wondering after the fight...we had two priests...can the venomspitters be shackled???

to answer the question posted a while ago lol...yes they can be shackled...they are undead. but its not worth it really (unless you can get tards to not hit them when they are being shackled). if you have a ret pally you can both hammer of justice/holy wrath to stun them...you can also fear them. (turn evil)

i will stun one, fear the other and hope that someone else can pick up the slack with stunning/cleansing...venomancers are definitely the challenge of the encounter and should be a priority.
Frickit

Postby Indago » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:18 am

I heard that when the skirmishers before the 1st boss do their focus target thing, it is always on the player farthest from them. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

Postby Levantine » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 am

It's not hard proof, but I can say with 98% certainty that our Hunter was further away from the skirmisher than our Priest was when he got fixated.

I was of course, busy trying to not die to that stupid enrage and a bad avoidance streak, so, yeah.
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:25 am

Indago wrote:I heard that when the skirmishers before the 1st boss do their focus target thing, it is always on the player farthest from them. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Skirmisher aggroed a rogue while we had both a healer and a mage at max range, rogue was at my side.

Their fixate is random.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats