Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Zeruvar » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 pm

group make up
Prot Paly Yours truly
2 hunters
Fury Warrior
Priest

All in all the instance was easier than i thought. The gauntlet wasnt much of an issue, just needed to make sure Skirmishers are first to die. And hydronox was a pushover.

until...

Anub-Arak

Dodging pound takes a bit to get used to, but its pretty easy considering the long cast time. ITs the venomancers that are gamebreakers. I would suggest taking a mage with you to CC 1 of the venomancers while you stun/interrupt the other helps. Our healer had a hard time staying up due to the AOE poison the venomancers do.

oh... and learn to cleanse, helps a lot :)
Zeruvar

Postby Zorminster » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Zeruvar wrote:Anub-Arak

Dodging pound takes a bit to get used to, but its pretty easy considering the long cast time. ITs the venomancers that are gamebreakers. I would suggest taking a mage with you to CC 1 of the venomancers while you stun/interrupt the other helps. Our healer had a hard time staying up due to the AOE poison the venomancers do.

oh... and learn to cleanse, helps a lot :)

Mage wont help at all. theyre undead. shackle is the CC you want. or you coulda used those frost traps...
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby Zeruvar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:36 am

oh yeah lol, keep forgetting about that one. but yeah we did use the frost traps which helped a lot. he's really just a PITA if your not ready or coordinated.
Zeruvar

Postby Levantine » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:27 am

Repentance, too.
Levantine

Postby sapientialb » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:17 am

After doing awesome on heroic HoS, UTK and UTP yesterday we tried this place and got wtfpwned. Maybe it was bad luck with RNG but I kept getting web-wrapped and then it was game over.

We'll try again today when we're not all so tired I guess.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby DramaticBaby » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:16 pm

I have just tried this dungeon on heroic mode

My group
Tankadin (Me, 540 defense & 21k hp unbuffed)
Rogue
Enh. shammy
Warlock
Resto shammy

As you may notice, we had no cc against the 3 groups in front of the last boss, but we made it against all odds.

Second boss, no problems whatsoever.

Third boss....
Wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, and one more wipe.

We succeeded in getting him down to 25% 3 or 4 times, but then we couldn't handle the adds and the following poison.

5 min ago we called it, but I want that belt he drops

:evil:
DramaticBaby

Postby Daenerys » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:18 pm

I think poison cleansing totem works. The only wipes I had the first time doing it (with very similar stats at the time) was because the boss would repop, and cast pound immediately while faced away from me, and this would somehow glitch/bug and everyone would get hit by it and some die. Just focus the venommancers asap, stunlock them, etc. and get them down. and run through the boss when he pounds so that you don't get stunned. My group is normally tankadin, spriest, rogue, resto druid, and shaman. got belt on first try too. i'm dying for the trinket though from Hadronox.
Daenerys

Postby Arcia » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:41 am

Hardest part of the instance is the 3 pulls before the first boss, if everyone knows what to do it should be a cake walk.

Skirmishers need to die first, just tell your dps to go all out on them, if the decide to run off and attack someone in the group stun the skirmisher as fast as possible (holy wrath/hoj) if you have a rogue in the group just tell him to stunlock the skirmisher.
One more thing, keep an eye on your healer, if he gets webbed someone need to remove asap.

First boss, keep consecration up at all times and tell the healer to stand in it.

Second boss, clear the adds, wait for boss to web the doors above the stairs so no more adds spawn and then attack, keep out of the poison clouds.

Third boss.
Watch out for pound, quite easy to run away from, just tank him in the middle of the room and run straight back when he casts it.
When he burrows run to the "entrance" of the room and wait for the elites to come down, mark them up as they come running and tell your dps to kill the elites as fast as possible.
Dont bother with the non elites just have consecration up and tell the healer to stand in it.
When the poison spitting elites come use holywrath and hoj to stop them from using they poison, also make sure to remove the poisons.
Also watch out for the spikes from the ground.

One thing to watch out for is that he sometimes use pound immediatly after coming back up from the ground, before even turning to face you.
When he does this pound seems to hit your way even though he has his back to you, this has killed alot of people and caused a few wipes.

Anyways thats how I do it, easy instance once you know exactly what to do.

So what about the achievements for this dungeon?
Havent been able to do any of them.

Tried a few things on the first boss, like just pulling everything in the room and hoping to kill the boss before he kills you, didnt end well, probably doable with better dps and healer though.

Second boss...well thats seems even harder.

Third boss might be the easiest but I havent had a rogue or lock with me on the last few runs, without them he just casts locust way to fast to do any significant damage to him.
Arcia

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Second boss achievement is incredibly easy if you have a hunter or rogue (or anyone that can drop combat, really). Basically, you have a hunter/rogue pull the first pack after the 1st boss and then feign/vanish. This will reset ALL the mobs AND the 2nd boss, giving you plenty of time to run down to where he spawns.

At that point, you pick him up and DPS him immediately. Adds will be joining the fight shortly and you want him to die before he can get heals off from them. Wound poison is great for reducing his heals and heroism is great for getting him down in time.
Belloc

Postby Flashbane » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Arcia wrote:Third boss.
Watch out for pound, quite easy to run away from, just tank him in the middle of the room and run straight back when he casts it.
When he burrows run to the "entrance" of the room and wait for the elites to come down, mark them up as they come running and tell your dps to kill the elites as fast as possible.
Dont bother with the non elites just have consecration up and tell the healer to stand in it.
When the poison spitting elites come use holywrath and hoj to stop them from using they poison, also make sure to remove the poisons.
Also watch out for the spikes from the ground.

One thing to watch out for is that he sometimes use pound immediatly after coming back up from the ground, before even turning to face you.
When he does this pound seems to hit your way even though he has his back to you, this has killed alot of people and caused a few wipes.

I cant imagine running this instance without a shaman/pally/druid.

Last boss that always killed us was actually the posion...it tick very fast.

True that when the boss comes back try to stay far away from him and stop dps. Throw ur shield 1st then wait for him to attack u. The pound after coming back hit harder.

i notice also that keep kiting the boss left and right or keep jumping could escape the pounding. Not sure this really work or just my luck.
Flashbane

Postby Zorminster » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:35 pm

as far as i know, the only surefire way to avoid pound is to run

DIRECTLY THROUGH anub,

if you come at an angle it is possible he rotates and hits you and everyone else : /
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:15 am

Flashbane wrote:I cant imagine running this instance without a shaman/pally/druid.

That's one of the main reasons for which i love being a paladin, there's ALWAYS a cleanser in group with you ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arcia » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:25 am

Zorminster wrote:as far as i know, the only surefire way to avoid pound is to run

DIRECTLY THROUGH anub,

if you come at an angle it is possible he rotates and hits you and everyone else : /

I always run straight back and I never get hit by pound, it only has a 10-15 yard reach so its easy to avoid.
Arcia

Postby Tankznspankz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 am

Make him watch is pretty tough :<
Tankznspankz

Postby Dawn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 am

For the first pull and the 3 leading up to the first boss. The skirmishers MUST go first. HoJ them the second they target someone other than you.

Since this is the *tankadin* boards, you can fear (these spiders are "undead") one spider (I'd suggest the webspinner). That leaves one mob beating on you while you kill the skirmisher... which should be doable.
Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats