Remove Advertisements

Compilation of AOE leveling locations

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Fugg » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:00 am

Update on my last post to the Scarlet Onslaught Spot.

The time for one pull is less then 2minutes. And atm im doing 14 mobs at once. That would lead to 400k-500k xp/h.

They only do a debuff from time to time that lowers your hit rating by 50%, you might miss some judgements but thats all.

The spot is very nice. 5 Camps, so you can do them one by one and when you have done one round they already respawned at the beginning. I only noticed some Alliance players there but there were not a problem to me.
Fugg
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:11 am

Postby Janduin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:13 am

Krazy wrote:
This spot rocks! Thanks! I'm already 80 but those guys are super easy to round up and tank down no problem. I get like 1-2 greens per pull to DE as well :-D $$$. Infinite dust is going for 5-6g per on my server so that's a great place to make bank!

The only downside is they respawn so fast I can't even loot them all before aggroing more.


When I was wedged behind the vase I was able to loot all corpses without moving, so I didn't pull any additional mobs. I would occasionally pull a mob running out of there to mount, but it was only one or two and that was a rare event. The respawn timer there is ridiculous though it is true :).
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

Postby Krazy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:08 am

Janduin wrote:
Krazy wrote:
This spot rocks! Thanks! I'm already 80 but those guys are super easy to round up and tank down no problem. I get like 1-2 greens per pull to DE as well :-D $$$. Infinite dust is going for 5-6g per on my server so that's a great place to make bank!

The only downside is they respawn so fast I can't even loot them all before aggroing more.


When I was wedged behind the vase I was able to loot all corpses without moving, so I didn't pull any additional mobs. I would occasionally pull a mob running out of there to mount, but it was only one or two and that was a rare event. The respawn timer there is ridiculous though it is true :).




Yeah it took me a bit to find the spot behind the vase but I pretty much got it now and have made 1k gold today on selling the enchanting mats and cloth (50g/stack :-D). Rounding them up is kinda fun...couple times I had to bubble because I did it a bit wrong and got dazed.

There is also a rare BOE fire resist enchant that drops only from the runesmiths. I've gotten 2 so far and the first one is currently in the AH for 1k...I'm sure it will probably sell.
Image
User avatar
Krazy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 am

Postby Janduin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Krazy wrote:
Janduin wrote:
Krazy wrote:
This spot rocks! Thanks! I'm already 80 but those guys are super easy to round up and tank down no problem. I get like 1-2 greens per pull to DE as well :-D $$$. Infinite dust is going for 5-6g per on my server so that's a great place to make bank!

The only downside is they respawn so fast I can't even loot them all before aggroing more.


When I was wedged behind the vase I was able to loot all corpses without moving, so I didn't pull any additional mobs. I would occasionally pull a mob running out of there to mount, but it was only one or two and that was a rare event. The respawn timer there is ridiculous though it is true :).




Yeah it took me a bit to find the spot behind the vase but I pretty much got it now and have made 1k gold today on selling the enchanting mats and cloth (50g/stack :-D). Rounding them up is kinda fun...couple times I had to bubble because I did it a bit wrong and got dazed.

There is also a rare BOE fire resist enchant that drops only from the runesmiths. I've gotten 2 so far and the first one is currently in the AH for 1k...I'm sure it will probably sell.



Yeah if I got knocked off I bubbled...damn not being def capped (or even close in farming gear). Being an enchanter, I didn't even notice they were BOE lol, I just learned the one that dropped for me. Good think to look out for I suppose.
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

Postby Elsie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:18 am

Converted Hero http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32255#abilities
Level 80

They are in packs of 8-10 and often 2 packs are in close proximity. They deal about 200-300 damage max, sometimes pulled with an add who is insignificant. Easily aoe'd down and drop cloth, lots of greys, some greens, and 10-38 silver each.

I'm already 80 so... no parse, but it's impossible to run out of packs even wandering aimlessly

Also the death knights initiates http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=30957#screenshots in the area are easily aoed... just move out of THEIR aoe and cleanse.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Sanctity » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 am

Already posted elsewhere but this looked like another good place to ask:

I'm still grounded and a lazy ass, whats the quickest way on foot to icecrown? I assume through stormpeaks but it doesn't hurt to check. :D

It sounds like there are lots of different things to grind there (i hate questing, lvl 76 and 57 quests done in northrend woooo!). Also please say any land based points of interest there. this "pit" sounds ok but where else, Co-ords if poss please.

ATM im killing animals and Venture Co in solazar basin but it is fairly camped :(

Also, love the forum, only just discovered it but loving all the stuff, got myself some nice 96969 rotation macros to spam (just have them on 1 and 2 with cons and HS on F1 and F2 incase) and found some nice AoE locations.
I think the trick's that you made someone proud.
User avatar
Sanctity
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 am

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 am

I got a druid to 80 before starting my Tankadin, so as soon as I got off the boat in borean tundra I headed straight for dragonblight and the beach below new hearthglen.

Avg 500k xp/hr with rested xp. 3 very distinct pulls, East, West, Middle w/ Boat. Fast respawns, All melee, no spells, no knockback. Easy peasy. I was getting around 2k per kill. Even with several people questing around me there were plenty of mobs to round up.

I think I'm going to continue to level my paladin this way. Just wait till he's got full rested and blow through it all in a couple hours. In the meantime I can level my hunter the old fashioned way.


Another fairly decent spot is right outside Warsong Hold in borean. All those rhino's. They are just kind of a pain to gather up since the majority aren't aggressive (yellow nameplates). But its nothing a little patience and consecrate can't handle, but really if you're already 70 you might as well just head straight to dragonblight.
Image
kywirelessguy
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:55 am

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:37 am

Krazy wrote:
Janduin wrote:
Krazy wrote:
This spot rocks! Thanks! I'm already 80 but those guys are super easy to round up and tank down no problem. I get like 1-2 greens per pull to DE as well :-D $$$. Infinite dust is going for 5-6g per on my server so that's a great place to make bank!

The only downside is they respawn so fast I can't even loot them all before aggroing more.


When I was wedged behind the vase I was able to loot all corpses without moving, so I didn't pull any additional mobs. I would occasionally pull a mob running out of there to mount, but it was only one or two and that was a rare event. The respawn timer there is ridiculous though it is true :).



Yeah it took me a bit to find the spot behind the vase but I pretty much got it now and have made 1k gold today on selling the enchanting mats and cloth (50g/stack :-D). Rounding them up is kinda fun...couple times I had to bubble because I did it a bit wrong and got dazed.

There is also a rare BOE fire resist enchant that drops only from the runesmiths. I've gotten 2 so far and the first one is currently in the AH for 1k...I'm sure it will probably sell.
I couldn't find the spot that you are referring to. Could you post a screenshot, possibly? I've just been pulling them into the tent.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Postby mayoff » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 pm



I got 328k XP per hour on these (looting everything). I was careful to kill the Scourge Banner-Bearers before pulling the Converted Heroes. I don't know if that was really necessary.
mayoff
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:20 am

Levels 71-73: Iron Dwarves in southeast Howling Fjord.

Postby Danfus » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:43 am

About those guys "Levels 71-73: Iron Dwarves in southeast Howling Fjord."

Are you guys talking about the dwarves on the edge of the cliff there or there is a better place?

I am horde so i cant do the quest :(

Ty - Great info site btw
Danfus
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:56 am

Postby Voxe » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:04 am

I found a place in the Western Part of the Howling Fjords. It's a small camp with 4 or 5 Kvalidr (I think). not a whole lot of mobs but the respawn rate is pretty fast, you can basically keep on going.

Just alternate between JoL and JoW and you'll be fine.

I am lvl 72 atm.

Will post more when I got the exact location
Image
Voxe
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Levels 71-73: Iron Dwarves in southeast Howling Fjord.

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:32 am

Danfus wrote:About those guys "Levels 71-73: Iron Dwarves in southeast Howling Fjord."

Are you guys talking about the dwarves on the edge of the cliff there or there is a better place?

I am horde so i cant do the quest :(

Ty - Great info site btw


If you continue down into the mining area, there are two entrances to a cave. Both of these entrances lead to a large statue.

This is where you'll find the other dwarf spawn for the alliance quest.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby Neroth » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:49 am

I tried the Runesmiths and Brutes in Icecrown last night at lvl 77. Fairly safe spot to level and it wasn't crowded for me at the time. I was pulling to near the cauldron, but I just stood right on the top edge of one of the little rises and didn't have much trouble with the knockback. If you do this.... carry an extra shield. Mine was going red after about an hour to hour and a half of continuous pulling.

Once I hit 78 it was near continuous pulling with nice Frostweave drops. I got a number of greens to DE as well as two of the fire resist enchant. I put about 500g worth of mats on the AH when I was done not counting the two enchants.

Experiencewise.... I got just over 400k/hr on rested and around 200k/hr nonrested. It isn't the fastest. It definitley isn't as fast as questing as ret. I get a little over 300k/hr unrested on ret while trying to finish the quest achievement for each zone I enter. It is pretty much comparable to what I see when I'm running instances, and what I saw in Howling Fjord levelling as protection.
Neroth
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Postby Janduin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:33 am

Neroth wrote:I tried the Runesmiths and Brutes in Icecrown last night at lvl 77. Fairly safe spot to level and it wasn't crowded for me at the time. I was pulling to near the cauldron, but I just stood right on the top edge of one of the little rises and didn't have much trouble with the knockback. If you do this.... carry an extra shield. Mine was going red after about an hour to hour and a half of continuous pulling.

Once I hit 78 it was near continuous pulling with nice Frostweave drops. I got a number of greens to DE as well as two of the fire resist enchant. I put about 500g worth of mats on the AH when I was done not counting the two enchants.

Experiencewise.... I got just over 400k/hr on rested and around 200k/hr nonrested. It isn't the fastest. It definitley isn't as fast as questing as ret. I get a little over 300k/hr unrested on ret while trying to finish the quest achievement for each zone I enter. It is pretty much comparable to what I see when I'm running instances, and what I saw in Howling Fjord levelling as protection.


You do take a hit in XP/hour for sure if you aren't questing, that is a given. But this spot allows you to have reasonable XP/hour along with making a bunch of money. And I was doing a pull every 3 minutes for ~320K XP/hour at 79 non-rested.
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

Postby Janduin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:37 am

Belloc wrote:I couldn't find the spot that you are referring to. Could you post a screenshot, possibly? I've just been pulling them into the tent.


Servers are down, I'll try later to get a SS. If you are on the platform with the Umbral Brutes and Runesmiths, the vase or cauldron or whatever that we are referring to is in the northeast corner of the ledge (assuming up on the minimap is north). Looks like a big pot, whatever it is. You aggro the entire ledge and then run behind it from the left. EZ mode way to keep them all in your frontal cone, all the time.
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest