Remove Advertisements

At old school raiders

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 am

On Nef, have the raid stack behind the throne. Kill all the skeletons on the stairs. When Nef lands, shadowflame will not hit people behind the chair.

Tank him with his head in the alcove -- everyone needs to run the fuck out so they don't get hit by shadowflame -- standing on top of the skeletons makes it easy to pick them up when they all spawn. Holy wrath is fun times.

My last run (Saturday, I think), I was the only tank. Our DPS was good enough that we didn't have to worry about wing buffet very much, and even then, everything that buffets is tauntable, and with the crazy amounts of TPS we put out it's easy enough to taunt and build a nice threat lead.

On Emps I've tanked both twins. I don't remember the particulars, but it didn't seem terribly difficult. Dump consecrate under the caster and make sure the knockback kicks you into the wall instead of across the room so you're still in his face; jol, judgements and AS seemed to be enough.

Also don't worry about aggroing the social bugs. They're just free mana. Om nom nom.

On C'thun, have the tank run in about 3 seconds ahead of the rest of the raid. Going in as a single clump will chain eye beam and kill some idiots. If you have a full raid you should be able to get him to P2 before he even does his death ray.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Janduin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Rehlachs- wrote:good luck tanking that melee twin..

The reason you don't want a paladin tanking the caster twin is that he will explode+knockback+snare anyone in melee range.

+your threat on both twins will suck big time.

Please do not post if you do not know what the hell you are talking about. Nothing personal, but you don't. Because if you did, you'd know the melee twin isn't immune to Holy damage, just all other magic. So the melee twin is easy to tank. And if you had read the previous posts, you would know that.

The caster is also easy, if you stand in a place where you cannot get knocked out of range. I agree with fuzzygeek: a paladin can tank both, and it's not particularly difficult. Your threat will be worse on caster, with no melee damage component and some possible range issues, but you can hold him.
Janduin

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Except that, as you say, the casters get to kill bugs. Not much fun. Why do this when you can just let the casters go all out DPS and heal whoever he's attacking?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:02 pm

[quote="Janduin"][/quote]

won't take that personal, no problem ^^
but seriously, if your caster ARE doing damage to the caster twin, you won't be able to hold it. it's freaking raid of lvl70s doing lvl60 raid bosses. do you really think all your casters will wait for you to run into your corner/throw a couple of judgements?
Rehlachs-

Postby Zoltar » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Rehlachs- wrote: do you really think all your casters will wait for you to run into your corner/throw a couple of judgements?

They can always wait back in Shattrath. :)
Zoltar

Postby Janduin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 am

Rehlachs- wrote:
Janduin wrote:

won't take that personal, no problem ^^
but seriously, if your caster ARE doing damage to the caster twin, you won't be able to hold it. it's freaking raid of lvl70s doing lvl60 raid bosses. do you really think all your casters will wait for you to run into your corner/throw a couple of judgements?

I'm already in my corner, I can attack immediately and haven't had problems holding him yet. To be safe though, I just have them kill bugs :) And yeah, if they can't do that, they can leave the raid.

I'm not saying it's not better dps-wise to have a caster tank it, but I've found there is always some bleed effect or DoT up after a transition so whoever is tanking it needs to grab it fast. I've found I can usually do this better with a judgement/AS etc. than a caster can. Also, your other casters will likely be standing in the middle, and if/when they pull, the twins will get close together and start healing. The most idiot-proof way seemed to be me and a healer or two on one side, rest of the raid on the other. That way if a caster pulls the magic twin, he doesn't run to the middle. It's probably not the fastest, but it's straightforward and hard to screw up. Just my 2c.
Janduin

Postby Zoltar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Got through the twins and C'thun last night.

We used a warrior and lock on one side and me (tankadin) on the other tanking both. When I tanked the magical boss DPS let me just hold him and only did light DPS or killed bugs. We managed to not let them off their platforms this way. Was simply a matter of having a holy frisbee off CD at the transition and hitting the new boss with it ASAP to stop him running. With my back to the wall the arcane blast wasn't an issue. 18k health gave the healers on me plenty of breathing space for magical boss.

C'thun was quite simple TBH.

Thanks for all the tips on how to make this possible guys :)
Zoltar

Postby mavfin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Rehlachs- wrote: do you really think all your casters will wait for you to run into your corner/throw a couple of judgements?

They can always wait back in Shattrath. :)

^^This
--Mav
mavfin

Previous

Return to General Strats