Remove Advertisements

Killing City Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Ossuary » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:09 pm

3/4 for Exodus over on Kel'Thuzad.

Only Magni Bronzebeard left and he is the hardest of them all imo due to his aggro dropping mechanics. That and we get about 60 alliance turnout by the time we bring his mammoth hp to 50% (Note: we have only taken a max of 40 people for this thus far)

Tyrande was pretty easy nothing major except aoe dmg to heal

Velen we had a Hunter tank it 100% to 0%, GG smite spam from him.

Varian was tough cause he would jump into caster groups and whirlwind.
Ossuary

Postby Dork » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:38 pm

I helped lead a mostly guild raid to complete this on on Oct 24th. Seems to be top 10 recorded kill. Our server is far from low pop too. Now my group only managed to get 6-7 hunters for each boss, but if you really want to be successful, stack hunters, healers and tanks. Tanks more so on Magni over the other bosses.

Also, as far as difficulty goes, Magni is the only real "boss", the rest of them are just a measure of your alliance's pvp activity/care level. You can easily pug every boss except Magni if you are half intelligent.

Bears are pretty fun to have right now, but soon everybody will have one. Until then I'll enjoy the whispers about it, then it's back to afking on current season drake. At least the achievements have dates, so it shows who did it pre wrath.

Lots of fun overall, gave me something to do for a week now that nerfwell isn't as exciting.
Dork

Postby Joanadark » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Leashing Limits:
Cairn leashes and resets barely 10 feet from his tent.
Slyvannis leashes if you attempt to leave her large room.
Thrall leashes in the hallway leading to his inner throne room.
Lor'themar leashes at the entrace to his building.

Silvermoon city is extremely easily defensible as there are almost zero guard respawns, and the room to which defenders port to from shatt is immediately adjascent to his throne room in which you are fighting. Put a kill team of ret paladins and mages in there and they can slaughter anyone who tries to port in before their loading bar even finishes.

PvE servers offer the greater challenge, because you are incapable of attacking the other faction until they let you. Players can blue-wall right past your every defense, walk right up to your MT, and then cast cyclone/mind control/aoe fears/shadowfury with absolutely zero you can do about it.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Satturo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:14 am

Finally killed all 4 horde leaders this weekend. Took two 40 man raids to do it....and 6 hours total for both raids to get it done.
Satturo

Postby Taragon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Satturo wrote:Finally killed all 4 horde leaders this weekend. Took two 40 man raids to do it....and 6 hours total for both raids to get it done.

I'm so very proud of you! ^.^
PvE servers offer the greater challenge, because you are incapable of attacking the other faction until they let you. Players can blue-wall right past your every defense, walk right up to your MT, and then cast cyclone/mind control/aoe fears/shadowfury with absolutely zero you can do about it.

This is possible on pvp servers as well because the zone isn't contested.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby Joanadark » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:42 pm

This is possible on pvp servers as well because the zone isn't contested.

except that on PvP servers people don't realize they are able to unflag. or even how flagging works.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Satturo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:27 am

Taragon wrote:I'm so very proud of you! ^.^

It's ok, we'll get you yours now that we're 80...and my alt prot pally can get one ;)
Satturo

Postby Kriskringle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:56 am

Joanadark wrote:Leashing Limits:
Slyvannis leashes if you attempt to leave her large room.

MT'd a try last night where she reset at 25% and again at 70%, I'm wondering if this has happened to others and how to avoid it.

We were gathered on the central raised area, I was tanking her wherever she showed up after her vanish. The two resets were both after a vanish, she'd reappear somewhere off the platform and by the time I found her floaty skull she was already evading. Trying again soon, this time I'm going to try bringing her back to the center of her platform after each vanish.

Did anyone else have problems with resets during this fight? Is there an easy way around it?
Kriskringle - 80 - Duskwood
Greatfather Winter is a sham.
Kriskringle

Postby Joanadark » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:13 pm

MT'd a try last night where she reset at 25% and again at 70%, I'm wondering if this has happened to others and how to avoid it.

We were gathered on the central raised area, I was tanking her wherever she showed up after her vanish. The two resets were both after a vanish, she'd reappear somewhere off the platform and by the time I found her floaty skull she was already evading. Trying again soon, this time I'm going to try bringing her back to the center of her platform after each vanish.

Did anyone else have problems with resets during this fight? Is there an easy way around it?

She likes to blink into walls, and stairs tend to make her freak out frequently as well.

When I did this at 70 we found it best to have the entire raid OFF the platform and have her tanked down on the floor off to the side.

Remember that Improved Fairie Fire should prevent her from going invisible, making her just blink but not dissapear, and that whether you have impFF up on her or not if you put a raid target on her head it wont get wiped off by the blink so it makes it easier to locate her again.

Shes also much better off tanked by a hunter, rather than a traditional tank, because the hunter doesnt have to chase her around all over the place and her ranged attacks hit for less than her melee attacks.
Joanadark

Postby Kriskringle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Great, thanks for the advice!
Kriskringle - 80 - Duskwood
Greatfather Winter is a sham.
Kriskringle

Previous

Return to General Strats