Ony

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Ony

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 am

Okay, My guild never Onyxia back in the day and some folks have expressed an interest in seeing the fight.

All the strats are warrior tank specific (of course). How would a Paladin tank this fight?

How many 70s do you think we'd need?
honorshammer

Re: Ony

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 am

Honorshammer wrote:Okay, My guild never Onyxia back in the day and some folks have expressed an interest in seeing the fight.

All the strats are warrior tank specific (of course). How would a Paladin tank this fight?

10-15 70's should suffice. Since you're alliance, bring a d00rf (or dinosaur) priest for fear ward and you should be fine :D /jealous of alliance priest racials ):

MORE DOTS!
Chloe

Postby pyrotechniq » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:43 am

Honorshammer wrote:Okay, My guild never Onyxia back in the day and some folks have expressed an interest in seeing the fight.

We did it with 4... and no tank she doesn't hit hard enough to give you mana to tank her. I just let the warlock tank and healed him..=p
pyrotechniq

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 am

pyrotechniq wrote:

We did it with 4... and no tank she doesn't hit hard enough to give you mana to tank her. I just let the warlock tank and healed him..=p

did you ever see that video of her being 3-manned at 60? eff'ing amazing.

10 will trivialize the fight, is what I was implying.
Chloe

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:50 am

Chloe wrote:

10-15 70's should suffice. Since you're alliance, bring a d00rf (or dinosaur) priest for fear ward and you should be fine :D /jealous of alliance priest racials ):

MORE DOTS!

I've seent that video. It's hillarious!!
honorshammer

Postby Alixander » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:02 am

Chloe wrote:/jealous of alliance priest racials ):
*points out that they seem to be intent on adding some version of Fear Ward to the Horde side... or something*
Alixander

Postby Igrado » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:08 am

Alixander wrote:
Chloe wrote:/jealous of alliance priest racials ):
*points out that they seem to be intent on adding some version of Fear Ward to the Horde side... or something*

<--- *smiles deep inside*

Might have to ressurect my Undead Priest if they get it... I've gotten him to 67 over the last few months, but I don't really enjoy him that much. Especially now that I'm tanking.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby adese » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:09 am

Yeah, Ony isn't hard at all at 70. While we had her on farm pre-BC, we can easily take her down with 15 people or so. If your guild has never done her before, it might be a good idea to shoot for more people than that at first, until you get the fight down.

Really, the warrior strategies are fine for this. DPS can probably open up a bit sooner on phase 1 + 3 due to our ability to frontload aggro (and not have to worry about keeping rage up during phase 2), but beyond that there isn't much else that you can do. FW/Tremor totems help for phase 3, that is for sure. Although if you have enough aggro she'll come back to you once the fear wears off (and hopefully not killing too many clothies in the process).

I try to use AS on her as she is landing, since it is crucial to be able to pick her up quickly as she lands so she doesn't run around 1 shotting clothies.

While some FR is nice, you don't need a ton since she is tuned for level 60. I think I go with ~100-120 FR buffed, and have no problems. The huge amount of health really goes a long way to making this fight much easier now than it was before.
adese

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Heres the official how to do Onxyia video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0
Lightbeard

Postby guillex » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Whoah.

Wonder if he had a bottle of Maalox on his desk. Kinda like that CS kid who goes nuts with his kb.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Phaex » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:17 pm

Uhm i tried to tank Ony recently, which turned out to be a huge pain.

I was doing lolified threat at 400ish tps or something, was oom before p2 was even close to start and so on. Oh no, i didn't wear full tanking gear, alot of spelldamage mail and such.

Maybe shes holy resistant or something, didn't really pay much attention and a shadowpriest took over and tanked her till death
; )
At least shes hard to hit with consecration, but i've never seen tps drop THAT low before.

Whatever, totally lolfight at 70, not even close to fun, you can 3 man her with ease. And the worst thing about it, it takes so long, its not even worth the gold it drops.
Try something more challenging, MC with 10 paladins or so. Some bosses turn out to be really really nasty, and its those bosses you'd never expect.
Phaex

Return to General Strats