Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Postby agnara » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:53 am

Janduin wrote:Just wanted to say, with Sacred Shield benefiting from Sheath of Light by far he best way to kill Geddon now seems to be wear some fire resist (I wear 417 included aura), go PVE ret and nuke him down. Shield absorbs a ton of damage, took me 10 minutes, minimal healing required.

QFT, this method is faster and safer than doing it as prot.
agnara

Location: Somewhere, thinking about something, most likely off-topic.

Postby sanctifico » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:26 pm

400fr SacredSheild + AOW is plenty even when using SotM for dps :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Dalithe » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks for the tip on FR guys, made all the difference. Picked up the 4 piece and old quest ring, about 14min to kill (4 runs) and Baron dropped the Bindings, now only Garr.....for a year...until he drops his most likely.

Normal spec, tank gear, 4 pc FR and 70 quest ring. Judge Wis/Seal light.

/r
Dal
Dalithe

Postby Perky » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:18 am

I had a crack at Geddon wearing about 330fr with aura up and the rest tanking gear. I don't think I managed to get him below 80% until I died from going out of mana and health. Going to try him as retribution spec instead as suggested here.

Slightly off topic, but how do you heal yourself when you're off on these kinds of adventures? I'm losing more health from not blocking or parrying attacks than I gain from the heal itself once it lands (when using HL atleast). Switch to concentration aura and spam FoL, or what?
Perky

Postby majiben » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:24 am

JoL likely. Also are you making use of SS?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Dracora » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:48 am

Perky wrote:I had a crack at Geddon wearing about 330fr with aura up and the rest tanking gear. I don't think I managed to get him below 80% until I died from going out of mana and health. Going to try him as retribution spec instead as suggested here.

Slightly off topic, but how do you heal yourself when you're off on these kinds of adventures? I'm losing more health from not blocking or parrying attacks than I gain from the heal itself once it lands (when using HL atleast). Switch to concentration aura and spam FoL, or what?

I noticed that when you stop to heal you take full damage and most of the time the heal you gain is equal to the amount of damage you took while attempting to cast a heal on yourself. So basically use JoL and SoL to heal yourself. Like Majiben said, Sacred Shield really helps out a bunch.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby viperas » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:40 am

Perky wrote:Going to try him as retribution spec instead as suggested here.

After failing at prot soloing him quite a few times I tried him as ret. It really is quite a bit easier. Had ~315 FR with aura up and the rest was blue/BoE AH epics and I managed to down him. Keep SS up, hit judge every chance you get, and if you are worried about health (like I was) use SoL and JoL. Blow CDs when needed. Used DS to get him into position then blew a sheild whenever I could and wings when it was up.
viperas

Postby Dalithe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:01 pm

If you are having trouble, it might be the strat you are using. Where are you fighting him? You need to be under a low ceiling point so that you don't take fall damage from the Living Bomb or whatever it is. I can confortably get down to 2k before I even think about havin' to heal. Although I would stay around 5k just in case. Often times I start the fight with more mana instake than necessary as I end up with one of the Ancient Hounds and a Raging rock guys (whatever they are called). That gives me alot of mana to work with for the start. Those Ancient Hounds can be annoying sometimes though, as they disorient you for up to 3 seconds.

Good Luck

/r
Dal
Dalithe

Postby Severa » Mon May 04, 2009 1:52 am

I soloed him last evening for the first time, after doing Garr as prot. While Garr was a joke I really had to struggle for Geddon; I tried as prot spec first time, with about 250 FR from gear (Northrend greens) + aura. It didn't worked out as I was taking simply too much damage to manage it. Truth to be told, I was tanking him in the tunnel between him and Garr and I was still taking falling damage from Living Bomb.
So I changed the tactic and I switched to holy, same FR gear and about 1650 spell power ... It took me about 30 mins to kill him, with a whooping 350 DPS. I kept SoW and JoW and I healed almost constantly, doing damage with melee hits, concentration, exorcism and the occasional Holy Shocks, when I felt safe doing it. Otherwise, Holy Shock was kept for emergency heals.
So, definitely not the best strategy, I had to focus hard for the entire hard but I pulled it off eventually.

I will have another attempt at him on next reset with tanking spec, paying more attention this time to tanking spot and keeping SS up.

Good luck everyone.
Severa

Postby Dracora » Mon May 04, 2009 9:33 am

Severa wrote:I will have another attempt at him on next reset with tanking spec, paying more attention this time to tanking spot and keeping SS up.

Good luck everyone.

I'm guessing your Ret gear must suck to not have mentioned going Ret. It does make it easier, at least for me it does.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby viperas » Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ayeD-4Hqc

That is a video of my 1st kill of him. Had to speed it up a bit because no one wants to watch a 10 min video. Blues + titansteel mace + 316 FR between Northrend greens and aura. Keep SS up at ALL TIMES and give prefference to divine storm and judgement IMO. Was done with SoL and JoL just to be safe but may do it with another seal next time.

That said, my ret spec is slightly altered in order to be more optimal for soloing. Went down to imp. fury for the DR in prot.

Hope it helps in some way
viperas

Postby Severa » Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 am

Dracora wrote:
Severa wrote:I will have another attempt at him on next reset with tanking spec, paying more attention this time to tanking spot and keeping SS up.

Good luck everyone.

I'm guessing your Ret gear must suck to not have mentioned going Ret. It does make it easier, at least for me it does.

That's an understatement, I'm lacking Ret gear completely :). But I'll try getting some easy faction & crafted gear to make an attempt.
For the sake of the argument, can you please post the stats you have as Ret with the FR gear on as well (AP, crit, average DPS on the fight) ?
Severa

Postby viperas » Tue May 05, 2009 8:22 am

I can't recall my average DPS but I will gladly post the stats once the realms are back up. The stats I post will be slightly higher than what was in the video though, got 2 upgrade since then :)

315 FR
2027 AP
18.10%crit

neck, shoulder, chest, ring, boots all northrend "Of fire protection"
viperas

Postby Janduin » Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 am

First off, still no binding :(. Has anyone had one drop since 3.1? I am always paranoid that some recent patch will delete the drop and I am wasting my time, especially because I have noticed one drop rate change:

I do this in a raid group with my alt, a warlock. Ever since 3.1 I've gotten one pair of paladin T1 shoulders and one pair of warlock T1 shoulders EVERY KILL, 3 weeks in a row. Have they changed the old-world drop code to only drop tier that is useful for raid members? Or is this just an insane coincidence? I'm going to do my weekly MC run probably later today, so I guess I'll see for myself if the trend continues.
Janduin

Postby sleku » Sun May 10, 2009 7:17 am

I believe it's a coincidence, I'm getting loads of mage/druid t1 and I'm grouped with priest.
sleku

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats