How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby sleku » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:32 pm

Garr is dropping bindings like mad, did PuG few days ago and he dropped them again.

Geddon is yet to drop any... farming him for sooo long now.

On the good side, I've put my hands on another 3 elementium ores AND smelting book. 1 ore, 1 binding away from Thunderfury!
sleku

Postby Tropicana » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 pm

sleku wrote:Garr is dropping bindings like mad, did PuG few days ago and he dropped them again.

Geddon is yet to drop any... farming him for sooo long now.

On the good side, I've put my hands on another 3 elementium ores AND smelting book. 1 ore, 1 binding away from Thunderfury!

I wish I had the same luck with Garr. But some BE pally on my server got both bindings in 1 run.
Got all the bars and Rag's essence myself.
Tropicana

Postby Mystakal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 am

I got the last binding a long time ago so I haven't been farming him. I did however solo him the other day with my regular raid tank spec using the following strategy.

First, you still have to wear FR gear of course. I haven't been able to locate any good FR green quality pieces, so I used the old level 70 stuff. The rest of the gear was regular tank gear.

Second, you fight him in a different spot which is close to the top of his pat. This spot is next to (but not on) the bridge with the rune on it. The ceiling is very low there which takes fall damage completely out of the equation.

Third, periodically throughout the fight pull the groups of fire and rock elementals around that area. This will give you plenty of blue rage via sanctuary and will increase healing done via HotR. When one group is all down pull another. These adds can occasionally stun, but it is easily lived through and bubbled out of. Plus the stun rarely occurs due to the level difference. If you accidently pull a firelord you can still live, just burn him fast and bubble where needed.

As far as abilites go you should judge and seal light for the most part. Never use wisdom as supplying you with blue rage is the adds' job. And of course you should always keep sacred shield up.

Also I need to add a quick note about smelting elementium. Yes Krixix does only drop one book, but he will respawn after a soft reset and drop the book again. Even after the last two drakes are down he will still be the only mob that comes back. The suppression room will have despawned as well, so you can quickly run in and solo him. This is how I obtained it after first loosing the roll on one of our runs.

EDIT: A funny side note is that Nefarian does have a DK class call. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you see it.
Mystakal

Postby Necrolite » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:50 am

For geddon i usually equip a mix of healing gear and prot gear, with buff leaning toward the mana regen type. i found through a few solo kills that just outhealing the fire dmg was easier to sustain vs the effort put in through using FR gear to reduce it
Necrolite

Postby Tiernan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:06 pm

Krazy wrote:
Passionario wrote:Meh, I already started assembling a gearset for soloing MC, only to discover that smelting Elementium is no longer an option. :(

Oh well, I'll still do it for the lulz and glory.

That is not necessarily true...there are people that can still do it. If you were a miner, and learned the skill when it could be learned, and are still a miner (never unleared mining)...

Then you will still have it. It was not removed from the game, just the ability to learn it was removed. I just had my bars smelted a few days ago.

I learned it in Vanilla, dropped mining in BC, just picked up mining again about a month ago and the skill is there. Not sure if this was a patch fix or just the fact that I had learned it once before.
Tiernan

Postby Drae » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:01 am

Necrolite wrote:For geddon i usually equip a mix of healing gear and prot gear, with buff leaning toward the mana regen type. i found through a few solo kills that just outhealing the fire dmg was easier to sustain vs the effort put in through using FR gear to reduce it
Basically what I did on my first attempt just then. I had already vendored all my lvl 70 FR gear from Illidan, apart from a Slikk's with FR enchant. To that I added a lvl 78 FR ring from AH (all I could find), Onyxia Blood Talisman and of course my aura for a total of 191 FR. Replaced a few pieces of gear in my tank set with healing pieces (basically I just chucked on a few pieces of my highest ilvl healing armor, as well as my healing weapon) for a total of 1309 spell power.

Chucked on blessing of wisdom, initially sealed and judged light, but was having mana problems so I switched seal to wisdom (while still judging light) and it went fine from there. Kept sacred shield up, flash healed when I got to about half health. Didn't have to bubble at all apart from at the end obviously. The core hound I killed in the tunnel respawned at almost the exact moment Geddon died as well :P

And yeah I was regular tank spec.
Drae

Just finished soloing Garr+Geddon

Postby kepi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Well, I went in and tried Geddon as ret last week, with no fire resistance, tanked him in the tunnel and died horribly to fall damage.

This week I got 3 piece northrend green to up my fire res to 334 and went in as tank spec. Garr was laughable...but really boring once his adds are down. I'd suggest people to pull some trash around the room after his adds are down to make things go faster.

Geddon was harder. I went with Mystakal's suggested position to tank him. Perfect spot, enough said. The only fall damage I took was when I had to go and pull some trash to speed things up. Another good thing about tanking him in that corner norther of his rune is that there are 4 trash there to supply you with sweet blue rage to get things started at the beginning.

Unlike Garr, Geddon really keeps you busy. But it still does get dull after a while. Just focus and keep your sacred shield + rotation up. If you have to go and pull some trash, make sure you pop divine shield! The last thing you want is to get bombed downstairs, where you'll be dead pretty quick.

No luck with bindings, but now that I know that I can solo them, I'll be doing it every week.

Thanks for all the strats and tips in this post!
kepi

Postby Krazy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 pm

:D Geddons binding dropped for me today! On my way to silithus now to get the quest.

First Geddon solo was November 26th, so it took roughly 4 months of solos to get it. Still awaiting Garr's binding.

I am so happy it was Geddon's binding, I hate soloing him every week...mainly because it takes 30 minutes and a DC means you log in dead.

Garr on the other hand is laughable.
Krazy

Re: How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Postby Dalithe » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am

Finally started doing this...I wish I would have started alot sooner as I would have all those other times under my belt hoping for the drops. Then again, with the current Sanctuary this was so very easy.

Went with my normal spec, put on Level 70 Fire Resistance gearx4 and ring (think it comes from killing Magtheridon) and Fire Resistance Aura.
trinkets were Colossus Trinket and Vial of the Sunwell.

Just stood at the corner of the tunnel to avoid fall damage and sealed/judged wisdom. Holy Light whenever he brought me to 6k HP. Sometimes I would heal sooner depending on how risky I felt. Garr and Baron kills take approx 40 min now, easy in and out and I hope to have the fortitude to keep up the attempts.

Thanks for the Guide on Baron, the FR gear changed EVERYTHING for this fight! Good Luck all!

/r
Dal
Last edited by Dalithe on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalithe

Postby Balgorra » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:05 pm

I got my binding off of Garr today, so now I need to start working on Geddon. I have a few questions that I haven't seen the answers to in here yet. When fighting Geddon, with standard tank spec, do I need to worry about beeing at 540 defence? For tank gear should I try for max HP or avoidance? My stats off hand with FR aura up was around 300 FR, 630 SP, and 25k HP. I will update these numbers later when I can get on and check the real stats. Also is there a deadly boss mods for old world? Saw one for BC and WotLK so don't know if there is one for old world or not.

Thanks for any help
Balgorra

Postby Meru » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:39 am

300fr is fine, just equip a spelldmg weap and dont worry about +def.
Meru

Postby Arganorr » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am

I did it a few times already without FR gear, only FR I had was from FR aura.
I kept my normal tanking spec ( included SotP pre 3.1) and put on full holy gear ( apart from shield due to lack of a decent healing one).

tanked it in the tunnel where the core hound patrols, i always had him respawning, but meh, had more mana regen that way :)
Arganorr

Postby tbolt » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips as well as modus' Garr walkthrough, I tried MC for the first time today and got my first binding off Geddon. I'm really happy 'cause Garr was a pushover but Geddon was more of a pain, did Garr in regular gear as prot no problem. For Geddon I first tried him with around 300 FR in my prot set/gear and I got him down to 1/4 life before I finally died, it was kinda rough 'cause I was always healing but that could be because I never really nailed down a good spot to avoid fall damage. I was gonna give up and get a friend but decided to use my dual spec and try him as Ret as well. I put on my regular Ret gear and then just swapped a couple of pieces out with the FR stuff to get the 300FR again. I got him down in one try and I didn't even have to try and stand in a particular place to avoid fall damage. The insta-FoLs from crits were more than enough to keep my life always above 75% as long as I kept my SS up and I think it took about 15mins to down him and scream for joy when his binding dropped.

Now I just gotta start collecting the bars, keep doing Garr, and start setting up a Ragnaros run to finish it all off.
tbolt

Postby Janduin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 am

Just wanted to say, with Sacred Shield benefiting from Sheath of Light by far he best way to kill Geddon now seems to be wear some fire resist (I wear 417 included aura), go PVE ret and nuke him down. Shield absorbs a ton of damage, took me 10 minutes, minimal healing required.
Janduin

Postby Seraphyna » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Hmm, all this talk of Baron being a lot easier now is convincing me to give up on leveling fishing for today, instead working up the gold for dual spec so I can have a ret-burn spec to try this. Sad thing is I don't really have a ret set at all. Only 2handed weapon I have with me is the Arcanite Ripper from the Scource INvasion even, and I don't think that will quite cut it. :(
Seraphyna

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats