Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 am

Passive uncrushable, huge BV, Shadow Resist?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Soulslider » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Panzerdin wrote:Passive uncrushable, huge BV, Shadow Resist?

with SR capped Shadow bolts still hit for ~50-500 dmg and he shoots two at a time.
JoL+SoL heals for about 50 a tick -_- and to finally screw you over he also stuns you sometimes, where the adds eat you alive.
I wonder if you could block some of those abilities like the stun. Anyways i'm gonna try and get some block rating gear and see if that helps next week ;-).
Soulslider

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:22 pm

If you can manage Passive Uncrushable AND Full Shadow Resist with a part Holy spec, you might manage it? This assumes you can block the stun.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Janduin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Aside: That cat is way too big.

Just did Geddon as prot spec in a mix of unenchanted Naxx10 healing plate + BC healing gear + old lvl 70 epic FR, had 422 FR and maybe 755 spell power. I was stupid and used my tank weapon instead of my healing weapon. In any case, it wasn't that difficult except for the dog respawn. Sacred shield is hax on this fight. I just stood in the the inferno; whenever I tried to run out I would invariably be about to be made the bomb, and fall damage is not worth it. Plus the inferno doesn't ramp up very high with 422 FR. No binding :(

On another note, I got my Garr binding a few months ago and I am very glad that at 80 I can just kill the surger and 2 molten giants and then walk to Geddon's hallway. Invis pots were always annoying, especially because they still put your potion on CD for 10 minutes.
Janduin

Postby Krazy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:07 am

Janduin wrote:On another note, I got my Garr binding a few months ago and I am very glad that at 80 I can just kill the surger and 2 molten giants and then walk to Geddon's hallway. Invis pots were always annoying, especially because they still put your potion on CD for 10 minutes.

From my experience doing this at 80 I can walk straight into garr's room without aggroing any trash at all. Sometimes I have to kill the surger (the one you had to always kill at 70) but have never aggro'ed the giants...you can walk right past them if you are careful.
Krazy

Postby Janduin » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 am

Krazy wrote:From my experience doing this at 80 I can walk straight into garr's room without aggroing any trash at all. Sometimes I have to kill the surger (the one you had to always kill at 70) but have never aggro'ed the giants...you can walk right past them if you are careful.

Yeah, I'm sure you are right. The molten giants are easy though, and way better than accidentally fighting a Fire Lord :(
Janduin

Postby Krazy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:15 pm

Just did geddon as prot, actually came in and did both bosses in about an hour's time.

Stats in my prot geddon set:

456 defense
20k hp
367 fire resist (with aura)
1069 spellpower

I tanked him in place and just ate the infernos, it was really easy, in fact much easier than doing it as ret. Sacred Shield is major major hax, flash of light crits so much with it up...its great and really trivializes this fight.

I aggroed a core hound accidently and decided to just leave him up as he provided me with extra mana to keep dps higher on geddon. He stayed up for quite some time before eventually dying to HotR hits. The damage he did was negligible and the extra mana he gave due to sanct really sped things up quite a bit.

Prot + good spell damage weapon + some tank gear + fire resist gear

definitely the way to go now. I use Gavel of the Fleshcrafter with a 50 spell damage enchant as my weapon...total of 405 spell just on that. Still working on getting a better one but I don't want to jack anything my healers might still need.
Krazy

Postby Eroslight » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Soo what happens if I just vendored/destroyed my FR tank set.... Any ideas besides soloing heroics again for the badges?
Eroslight

Postby Elsie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Eroslight wrote:Soo what happens if I just vendored/destroyed my FR tank set.... Any ideas besides soloing heroics again for the badges?

get some "of fire resist" greens from northrend. They're better.
Elsie

Postby Passionario » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:46 am

Meh, I already started assembling a gearset for soloing MC, only to discover that smelting Elementium is no longer an option. :(

Oh well, I'll still do it for the lulz and glory.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Krazy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:12 am

Passionario wrote:Meh, I already started assembling a gearset for soloing MC, only to discover that smelting Elementium is no longer an option. :(

Oh well, I'll still do it for the lulz and glory.

That is not necessarily true...there are people that can still do it. If you were a miner, and learned the skill when it could be learned, and are still a miner (never unleared mining)...

Then you will still have it. It was not removed from the game, just the ability to learn it was removed. I just had my bars smelted a few days ago.
Krazy

Postby Exewu » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:47 pm

The easiest way to kill baron geddon is to pull 2 aditional corehounds (and SOW/JOW) actually. That way you will be able to spamm all your damage spells and HL and the fight will go relatively fast.
Just get a max fr set (epic fr gear + hat/bracers from aldor rep with fr enchants) and use avoidance gear. Easy as pie! I'll be repeating this every week.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ir&n=Exewu is the gear I was wearing. (20k hp, 21% dodge, 430 fr, 15% parry and 3% miss)
Exewu

Postby phaqueue » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Just saw a blue post on MMO-champ that they are aware of the elementium issue and should have a fix in for patch 3.0.8 - so I guess it's back to getting this down solo... lol
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Baeric » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Sorry for the thread necro. Just curious what the consensus is now on gear for this aside from the FR. Once I have the requisite FR is it more efficient to keep all prot gear in the rest of the slots, all holy, prot + Titansteel Guardian, or a balanced mixture of prot/holy? I've got a very good holy set accumulated from Naxx 10 and heroics, but before I spend the cash on gemming/enchanting it I want to make sure I'll actually be using it during this fight. Thanks much for your input.
Baeric

Postby Tropicana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:01 pm

First binding off Geddon today, yay!
Tropicana

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats