Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:51 am

Question: how hard does geddon melee for?

With the new "blockable elementals" mechanic i'm wondering if we cannot just use a standard tank set and heal with LoH / Figurine / Bubble-bandage etc.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 am

post patch, with ~400 block value and the libram, i was taking 200-400 fire damage resisted. No idea if i blocked any or not. We did go with the shaman/druid like we have for a while, but he ended up healing the feral more often. Said Riptide was enough unless i got bombed twice in a row.

Might try soloing him in capped fire res gear + bv gear next reset. Got the garr bindings the day before 3.0 hit live tho... so dont want to spend another 2h killing garr each week ><
Last edited by Seloei on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seloei

Postby loladine » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 am

Cheers for the info i just gone and downed this sucker myself now sure was hard to do it but after few wipes on the doggies by pulling 2 of dem and wiping cause of gettin blown up in the middle of garrs room and dieing from fall dmg i got into a nice position in corner of wall where u dont get knocked into air and only took 30 mins to do :P

ImageImage

no binding thou :<
loladine

Postby loladine » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:37 am

i Killed garr as prot before geddon and garr now is suprisingly easy u dont need to b uncrushable i was just nuking garr and even before he started to blow up adds id already killed half of them and i was still at full mana it took 40 mins to kill

ftw
loladine

Postby Eanaddare » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 am

I can sort of confirm that you will need to respec to ret for him. tried as prot and it didn't work
Eanaddare

Postby Marihan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 am

soloing garr works with this ret specc too, no need for repecc in one run
Marihan

Postby Flipthebird » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:31 am

quick question...

Can the whole Thunderfury 'saga' be solo'd? Like, Thunderaan and such?
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby Hankthetank » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Flipthebird wrote:quick question...

The hardest part about trying to solo Thunderaan would be the falling damage, which scales with level.

EDIT: Don't forget, you also need to get the Essence of the Firelord off of Ragnaros before you can try Thunderaan.
Hankthetank

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 am

Marihan wrote:soloing garr works with this ret specc too, no need for repecc in one run

How does that work? Put on your tanking set for the shielding?

We do have much better healing now, and TAoW should help a lot with healing if needed.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Mystakal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Worldie wrote:Question: how hard does geddon melee for?

With full resist gear it's not that much. I seem to remember it being around 450ish? His melee is the easiest part of the fight so while trying it as tank spec in tank gear you may block all his melee, but his most damaging abilities (i.e. the bomb and inferno) will still hurt a ton. Even if you were able to move out of the inferno without pulling adds I still can't see a protection specced paladin keeping up with the mana demands on healing, decursing and dps.

Flipthebird wrote:quick question...

I wouldn't be surprised if Thunderaan himself can be soloed especially with nature gear. However Razorgore and Vale cannot be soloed for obvious reasons so the ore or bars would have to be bought. Soloing everything necessary to get to Rags in MC is impossible I would say due to no way to decurse and mob heals.

Scotthew wrote:I'm curious if there's a way to solo Baron Geddon without killing Garr.

I am in the same situation as you, but I still haven't found a way without bringin a second person. However, I have seen a screenshot on the official forums of a level 80 ret paladin that killed him in the hallway which suggests that he did it without killing Garr first. There are only 3 situations I can think of that could have happened if that is the case.
1. He killed Magmadar first thus eliminating the corehound respawns.
2. Respawns popped during the middle of the encounter and he was able to kill them as well.
3. He killed Geddon in under 18 minutes before the hound respawn could pop.

I believe that most likey he just had a lot of dps since it was done at level 80. If I recall correctly he has about 600k health so the dps needed would be 600k / (17 * 60) = 588. This allows for 1 minute after the coredhound dies to swap gear and pull. This also assumes that you've killed the surger before the corehound so that when you corehound dies you can go directly and pull. I forgot to check last time, so if someone wouldn't mind checking his exact health and posting it I would appreciate it.
Mystakal

Postby Marihan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:19 am

someone in my guild says that if u pulled the boss there would be no respawn till it dies
i did one kill on the garr spot but can't say if there was actually respawn during the fight itself
can anyone say for sure?
Marihan

Postby Varia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Marihan wrote:soloing garr works with this ret specc too, no need for repecc in one run

with ret eq?
Miju, lvl 80 FoL Spammer - TheradrasEU
Varia

Postby Marihan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:09 am

Varia wrote:

with ret eq?

the usual crushimmun set, you will need at least the 650 blockvalue
Marihan

Postby Janduin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:56 am

And here I was excited I wouldn't have to kill Garr every week anymore :/ Looks like now I have to do him AND Geddon. At least it goes a lot faster now.
Janduin

Postby Janduin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Seloei wrote:post patch, with ~400 block value and the libram, i was taking 200-400 fire damage resisted. No idea if i blocked any or not. We did go with the shaman/druid like we have for a while, but he ended up healing the feral more often. Said Riptide was enough unless i got bombed twice in a row.

Might try soloing him in capped fire res gear + bv gear next reset. Got the garr bindings the day before 3.0 hit live tho... so dont want to spend another 2h killing garr each week ><

Any luck with this? I really do not feel like spending 100g a week to do this, plus Garr is slower with this spec than as prot. I know someone said that it didn't work, but I don't know if they wore FR.
Janduin

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats