Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Postby Auroris » Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Janduin wrote:First off, still no binding :(. Has anyone had one drop since 3.1? I am always paranoid that some recent patch will delete the drop and I am wasting my time, especially because I have noticed one drop rate change:

I do this in a raid group with my alt, a warlock. Ever since 3.1 I've gotten one pair of paladin T1 shoulders and one pair of warlock T1 shoulders EVERY KILL, 3 weeks in a row. Have they changed the old-world drop code to only drop tier that is useful for raid members? Or is this just an insane coincidence? I'm going to do my weekly MC run probably later today, so I guess I'll see for myself if the trend continues.

I got my Geddon binding, (thank god) 3 months ago. Been doing Garr since December. ~_~ Hate... him.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Janduin » Mon May 11, 2009 5:36 am

sleku wrote:I believe it's a coincidence, I'm getting loads of mage/druid t1 and I'm grouped with priest.

Hrm. Well I got paladin tier again and the ring this time. So far, trend continues...
Janduin

Postby Impervium » Mon May 11, 2009 7:16 am

Soloed Geddon as Ret this weekend. I wore the FR gloves and boots from the BoJ (still had 40 left over from TBC) and had FR Aura up. I fought him in the tunnel connecting Garr's room and Shazzrah's room. I even got a core hound that had respawned while I was pulling him (died on my first attempt because I screwed up). Basically I stayed on him and hit FoL everytime AoW procced. When he started hellfiring, I ran out of the range of it and topped myself off with a FoL or Holy Light, depending on how low I was. Oh and I made sure to cleanse the Mana Burn everytime.
Impervium

Postby Balgorra » Mon May 11, 2009 7:41 am

Janduin wrote:First off, still no binding :(. Has anyone had one drop since 3.1? I am always paranoid that some recent patch will delete the drop and I am wasting my time, especially because I have noticed one drop rate change:

The binding still drops. Got mine on May 7th. Here is a Tip bring along a friend/guildy that you know can and will aggro anything. Had my brother come help me since he is a Healadin and he aggroed 3 trash packs on the way to Geddon. 2 trash packs after I pulled Geddon, which caused a wipe, damn Fire Lords. But after we rezed and got back in I pulled Geddon again, killed him with no trouble other than the core hound respawned, and got my Binding.

Oh might help if your friend was known to move during flame wreath and dies to frogger.

As for me I just need to find a MC group so I can kill Rag and then get 9 more elemntium(sp?) ores. I got lucky and foud one on AH for 400g, was a steal since bars go for around 2k-4k on my server.
Balgorra

Postby latchee » Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 am

This week, I tryied Geddon in ret spec/stuff without any RF (except the aura) and it is a little harder but he dies so quickly ;)
Still no bindings also ...
latchee

Postby Dalithe » Mon May 25, 2009 11:42 am

Got Garr Bindings...now just have to get the ore :( Have everything but the ore atm. I was freaked that they dropped.

Thanks to those before me that put the strat up!

/r
Dal
Dalithe

Postby lythac » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 pm

agnara wrote:
Janduin wrote:Just wanted to say, with Sacred Shield benefiting from Sheath of Light by far he best way to kill Geddon now seems to be wear some fire resist (I wear 417 included aura), go PVE ret and nuke him down. Shield absorbs a ton of damage, took me 10 minutes, minimal healing required.

QFT, this method is faster and safer than doing it as prot.

I tried Geddon today for the first time today, got him on 2nd try.

Spec and Gear - Ret PvE spec and Ret gear (average ilvl around 200)
Fire resistance - 190 Fr (aura and level 70 badge chest)
Tactic - find a nook in the tunnel before eat the fire damage and reduce fall damage
Buffs and seals - SoL + BoM
Rotation - JoL + DS + SS. Instant FoL when health low. Avoided CS as its an ability which doesn't return mana, heal or reduce damage so wasn't that important to use and I had all the time in the world.

Oddly due to fall damage being a % of your max hp I didn't opt for kings and my crafted bracers with 0 stam and my low hp served me quite well.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby cypher » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Lythac wrote:Tactic - find a nook in the tunnel before eat the fire damage and reduce fall damage

Remember, you can negate the fall damage completely if you fight him on the start of the bridge at the end of his patrol path. The ceiling is especially low there such that you'll take zero fall damage from bombs:

cypher

Postby Dragondin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 am

Tank you for this guide (and the replys).

I killed Geddon yesterday...finally. With the suggestions posted in this thread, he was easy.
I fought him (+ a core hound) in the tunnel from Garrs room to Geddon in ret spec and ret gear with 4 bc FR pieces. with aura i'm at ~330 fire resi.
with this gear art of war procs are enough to heal myself constantly to full heal. only at 30% of geddon i was too low, so that i use LoH und burn him down.

unfortunately no binding...but next id, i kill geddon again :)
Dragondin

Postby Jtree » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Dragondin wrote:Tank you for this guide (and the replys).

I killed Geddon yesterday...finally. With the suggestions posted in this thread, he was easy.
I fought him (+ a core hound) in the tunnel from Garrs room to Geddon in ret spec and ret gear with 4 bc FR pieces. with aura i'm at ~330 fire resi.
with this gear art of war procs are enough to heal myself constantly to full heal. only at 30% of geddon i was too low, so that i use LoH und burn him down.

I can echo all this. Killed Geddon two weeks in a row exactly the same way. Took me several tries each week; my last fail this last Saturday came because I literally could not crit to save my life.

Took him down the next attempt: got the binding. :D Now I can just focus on easy Garr kills.
Jtree

Postby sublimated » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

I've been killing Geddon weekly for the past several resets. I've been doing it in my full cookie cutter prot spec using full set of lvl 70 badge fire resist gear. Unsure whether the new ShoR will make this more difficult now post 3.2 haven't logged in since the shutdown last night on patch night.

Basically I run him back and forth in the hallway that connects geddon and garr's rooms using bits where the walls are on a slope to jump up and wedge myself into it so I don't get shot up in the air for bombs. And I will just tank him in that spot until he starts his hellfire aoe thingy then just run to the middle of the hallway away from him (usually use this time for a quick holy light on myself) then proceed to the other side of the hallway to the next wedging spot on the next bomb. Rinse and repeat. Takes about 15-20 mins. No need to switch specs.

I tried just tanking him wedged to the wall without moving, but he hurts more than I can dish out and end up dying.

All in all, I find this fight enjoyable as it really cuts into one's limits and can actually be pretty unforgiving with mistakes (ie. fall damage from bomb is a must not happen)
sublimated

Postby kalfar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:15 am

Hey, From what ive found Fire resist isnt needed, been doing geddon for months now without any fire resistance, I just use full t7.5 gear basically and naxx 10/25 equivilents, But i use my Jcing: Owl thingee, Just open with Seal of Corruption and nuke him till im 50~ mana pop owl, + torrent, Keep nuking in the end when you drop to 10% mana, swap to SOW Get back up to full mana, Then nuke again, Just abuse SS+ FOL crit When he infernoes, Only way you can screw up is if your retarded and take fall damage or get 5 bomb crits in a row (Belive me it happens ~_~) all you need is the Fire resi aura, And full prot gear, it speeds up the kill to some extent, Just swap bubble/Bubble wall on as many bombs as possible
kalfar

Postby Janduin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:00 am

Garr's Binding: Check
Geddon's binding: Check (finally)
Essence of the Firelord: Check
10 Elementium Bars: Check

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker is mine!!! (16 months later)
Janduin

Postby Seloei » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 am

You do not need to use any fire res items or potions / flasks for this fight. Using your full tanking or full ret set is possible.
About 2-3 months ago i was still using prot gear + 4 piece FR gear and aura in normal prot spec (Mostly naxx bv gear for more dps) but i forgot to swap on the FR gear. It was a bit more 'hairy' but the only damage taken was the fire bombs - nothing else was a threat.
Sacred shield up all the time and his a walk in the park even with using SoV + JoL.
Since then i went to Ret + FR gear and just nuke him down altho a month ago i tried to do it without FR gear and used full ret gear. The kill time went from 5-6 minutes to 2-3 minutes. Basicly keep sacred shield up when Art of War procs, hit the flash of light for a crit heal that will give you now 2 hots. Sheath of Light and the new Flash of Light proc when SS is on you. Effectively healing you for 8k over 12s which is a LOT more than he puts out.
So with using Ret gear, fire aura, SoV and JoL i almost never go under 50% health unless i forget to cleanse or use the heal with a lot faster kill time.

No bindings from geddon for... 15 months? could be more
Seloei

Postby Sarutankah » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 pm

I'm another fan of doing as ret - no special gear but having the new ret libram that gives 200 str is damn good for self heals etc.

The new Flash of light hot is 100% awesome for this stuff especially with the crit hots from ret as well.
Sarutankah

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats