Remove Advertisements

How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Necrolite » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:19 pm

So. I slept all day and as a result have 1h before work, I thought i'll go check out Garr in my current gear http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Necrolite and see what's up with him. Well, I really thought i'd just get creamed by him after a minute or two but what the hell, i'll try it.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/44/1 ... 754we8.jpg

exactly 13 minutes and 25 seconds at an average of 1300 dps (1600 with the adds alive) as far as spells used:

Seal of Light > Judgement of Light > Shield of Righteousness > Holy Shield

Rinse and repeat. Keeping Blessing of Sanctuary up to allow for burst dps with the adds proccing it, he dropped to ~50% or thereabouts before they were automatically exploded. From there on in it was a case of mana management: Arcane Torrent and and Divine Plea, keeping Blessing of Sanctuary up. Only had to bubble + bandage twice, once due to my own lack of attention. Used Lay on Hands once, for some HP but mostly for the mana returns.

To me it seems burst DPS during the adds being alive was key to getting him down before i eventually ran OOM. But even then, all it requires is some attention and just refreshing Blessing of Sanctuary :D

Have fun killing him :)
Necrolite

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:17 am

With regard to the previous comment about healing gear and lava... At 70, my priest could survive lava pretty much indefinitely with self-heals, so at 80 this will be absolute cake if anyone wishes to play around with the whole "going the whole way through the lava" thing that Lore mentioned a few pages back.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby cypher » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Although not strictly related to soloing Garr, does anybody know if there's any truth to the claims on wowhead that Smelt Elementium can no longer be learned? I've been planning to farm out a Thunderfury but doing so might be impossible on new servers if the bars can't be smelted..
cypher

Postby Krazy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:52 pm

cypher wrote:Although not strictly related to soloing Garr, does anybody know if there's any truth to the claims on wowhead that Smelt Elementium can no longer be learned? I've been planning to farm out a Thunderfury but doing so might be impossible on new servers if the bars can't be smelted..

Sadly this is the case, I did a BWL run with a few guild mates and we MC'd the elemental shaper and the miners could not learn it from him. The priest said he saw no abilites on the bar and you could not talk to him to learn it. It is indeed removed :-(
Krazy

Postby Achtung » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:59 pm

But the elementium ore still drops?
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Underpowered » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:30 am

Garr is now a joke, not only can you walk past every mob at 80 without aggro, he takes less than half an hour. Read above, while his adds are up you can do a full rotation without losing mana from BoSanc. As for binding, that's all luck...

...bad mostly. :(
Underpowered

Postby Baeric » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Krazy wrote:
cypher wrote:Although not strictly related to soloing Garr, does anybody know if there's any truth to the claims on wowhead that Smelt Elementium can no longer be learned? I've been planning to farm out a Thunderfury but doing so might be impossible on new servers if the bars can't be smelted..

Sadly this is the case, I did a BWL run with a few guild mates and we MC'd the elemental shaper and the miners could not learn it from him. The priest said he saw no abilites on the bar and you could not talk to him to learn it. It is indeed removed :-(

That's really a bummer. I was hoping to start farming the bindings once I get some more FR for Geddon, but maybe it's a fruitless venture now unless I can find someone on the server who can already smelt the elementium
Baeric

Postby Krazy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:20 pm

If you got both bindings I'm sure you could find a way to get the elementium smelted. If it was me I would probably level an alt to whatever the min transfer level is (10 I think...) and then find someone on a high pop server that can do it.

Transfer the alt over with the goods and have it smelted. Then level another alt on that server to 10 and give him the smelted bars and transfer back.

Yeah sure its 50 bucks but its freaking THUNDERFURY we're talking about here. Very much so worth it.

On stormscale I had no problem finding someone. One line in the trade channel had someone send me a tell almost instantly (Are you making thunderfury? I'll smelt it for free!).
Krazy

Postby tehpwnner » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Tis very easy now. I walked right in, killed one surger and one core hound in route then just waited for the two dogs to pat together. I turned off ret aura because all the adds he spawned were giving me wicked mana back. I was able to do whole rotations on him while his adds were still up. Sadly no binding... yet.
tehpwnner

Postby defdef » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is essentially a "Solo raid" build?

I was thinking about:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVAzg0zhcZ0xVAduMpxI

suggestions?
I want to solo Garr and Geddon and Ony
defdef

Postby Sonál » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Indeed, this is extremely easy now.

Took me about 11minutes to kill him. This was my first attempt and sadly, no binding.
Sonál

Postby viperas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Just got my figurine of the colossus last night so thought I would try this for the first time today. Never set foot in MC before today so it was rather epic IMO (sure I won't be saying that after 10 runs and he doesn't drop binding or T1 helm). Tried the Core Hound boss and got feared into adds and tried Baron but don't have the FR for him yet, only at 200 with aura.

Still it was amazingly fun and wanted to thank everyone on the forums for posting all these strats that let me know its possible.

What would everyone recommend for a 2nd boss to try?
viperas

Postby Titanshammer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 am

Well, 43 kills later Garr finally drops a binding... just have Geddon left to go.
Titanshammer

Postby amh » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:22 am

Sick, congrats :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby MotiVater » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:19 am

Just another confirmation for those unsure, this is ridiculously easy now at 80. Time to re-read the Geddon guide....
MotiVater
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats