[10H] Paragons of the Klaxxi

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Paragons of the Klaxxi

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:18 am

We are preparing to pull this tonight for the first time. we are using this formerly unknown to us guide to prepare. maybe it might help some of you who are looking for tips / info about this fight.

http://vengeanceking.com/raid-encounter-guides/siege-of-orgrimmar/vengeance-king-boss-guides-siege-of-orgrimmar/paragons-of-the-klaxxi/
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 am

I can't possibly imagine what you'd want 3 healers for in this fight. even with 2 there's long periods with not that much to heal. the fiery edge stuff is not bad at all on 10 men, reasonably easy to heal. I guess if you have amazing dps and mediocre healers ... but for example we 4 healed thok for our first kill as we had lots of healing issues, but I didn't even consider 3 healing paragons.

the guide is correct about there being no real dps problem if you bloodlust at the start of the fight, but honestly, every mob just gets more stacks as everythign takes longer, you probably get 2 extra fiery edges and at least 2 of xaril's special, could even be three. the most common strat afaik is to use 2 healers and bloodlust on xaril to prevent him from using his special a 2nd time.

we 2 heal it and healers use personal CDs and we use one raid healing CD once the parasites spawn as we don't CC them until skeer is dead. by then the scorpion should've killed at least one and throw some CC on the others. one of your scorpions need to eat 2 parasites. once someone manages to do that, it should be announced on voice comm so no one else does that.
if you have a parasite up after the guy's dead, just kill it. need to have most people swap as they heal up to full periodically.

Parasites should be rooted and moved away from

fairly useless as their feed channel is a range attack. at least 20 yards, probably more. need real CC, roots don't accomplish much.

we have half the raid on the left of the skeer tank at entrance and the other half on the right. for the first AIM you only need the tank in the middle and 1 other guy plus the target in there. people need to stun/interrupt parasites channeling feed into them when they step into the aim. both is not a good idea.

once the throw amber comes in, i'd have everyone on one side of the boss and when the throw amber is used, everyone switches sides. make sure that no one stands in front of an amber pool while hisek is up as the aim knocks you back. you don't take dmg while you are the aim target, but when aim resolves and you take the damage, you don't want to stand in the amber pool.

we used a raid healing CD on the first fiery edge as there's some other aoe still going on. the other fiery edges we used CDs when available, but the damage is not a big problem if people don't stand in the lines.

after that the fight gets a lot easier. tank dmg goes up, but there's not that much else to heal. make sure people are moving when death from above comes up. not much time to move out of it, easier to just pre-move. same with throw amber actually. no reason to risk it as you won't see overall enrage anyway.

the guide also sais that, definteily suggesting to use encase amber on players that get mesmerized. taking 150k/second. not that bad, but just easier to use korven's special.
Kai

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:00 am

thanks for the insight.

as I like to say. a guide is worth a lot, but crossed with experience it's golden.

much appreciated.

one question tho.

definteily suggesting to use encase amber on players that get mesmerized. taking 150k/second. not that bad, but just easier to use korven's special.

maybe I misunderstand as English isn't my first language. but "encase amber" and korven's special are the same thing... aren't they?

how do you use that special ability? do you click on the player and then push your extra action button? any possibility to do this via vuhdoo or clique?
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 am

yeah, its the buff you get when korven dies and you click his body. button should appear in the middle of your screen, you can normally bind it under key bindings, Extra Action Button 1.

the macro function is /click ExtraActionButton1. can bind that macro through clique or just use /click [@mouseover] ExtraActionButton1. not 100% sure if mouseover works with /click, but don't see a reason why it wouldn't. another option is to use this macro:

/assist
/click ExtraActionButton1

with that you'd have to target the currently channeling kruchong, which shouldn't be all that much of an issue given the big beam that comes out of it.
Kai

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:24 am

a macro to "assist" the enemy. Nice idea I must say 8)
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:43 pm

once the throw amber comes in, i'd have everyone on one side of the boss and when the throw amber is used, everyone switches sides. make sure that no one stands in front of an amber pool while hisek is up as the aim knocks you back. you don't take dmg while you are the aim target, but when aim resolves and you take the damage, you don't want to stand in the amber pool.

This is a bit misleading.

Aim puts you at a set distance from Hisek (45 yards). If your Amber pool is behind that, you will not get knocked back. If you are further away from 45 yards, you will be pulled IN. As long as nothing is dropped in the Aim radius anywhere around the boss, it doesn't matter.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:56 am

Kai wrote:
/assist
/click ExtraActionButton1

with that you'd have to target the currently channeling Kunchong, which shouldn't be all that much of an issue given the big beam that comes out of it.

this doesn't work. it puts your self in amber. leading to some hilarious slapstick. I don't really know why. perhaps you can't assist enemy targets? (because just using it on a friendly target makes his target your target as intended, and then it uses Extraactionbutton 1 for whatever this does.)

its rather easy tho to click the person and apply the amber, if people are far enough away from the Kunchong (and not at maxrange away from you, YEAH I MEAN YOU!)

Unfortunately I forgot to remove the macro form my Hotkeys... so encasing myself in amber when in fact I wanted to use my pot while tanking Xaril,and being for everybody to see in the kill-video makes it even more hilarious.

I died in Iyyokuk (3rd last Boss we kill) and our warrior was able to tank the last 2 Bosses by himself with help of very few externals, but hybrids helping to heal.

with 8 people alive and enrage coming closer our warrior tank went into scorpion with a HUGE amount of vengeance. Basically oneshotting the last Klaxxi only seconds before enrage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWVdgX3tGE
Last edited by Schroom on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 am

sorry about the macro then, seems strange that that doesn't work. i mean, the /assist should just give you a new target. they might not target the player they channel into though. did you 3 heal it then? sounds like a pretty awesome kill. have fun on garrosh. :)
Kai

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:10 am

nope 2 heal. there is no real need for 3 healers if you have a few hybrids who use their tools. and more DPS makes every encounter easier if the heal isn't really needed.

yeah i didn't check if the Kunchong targets his victim. that might explain why it doesn't work.

yeah awesome kill. in fact it was the worst try of them all :mrgreen: :lol:
thanks, gotta read up on Garrosh first. we didn't really expect to kill kaxxi so fast in sub 70 pulls.
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 am

no worries, you're looking at 200+ on garrosh. :)
Kai

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:18 am

No problem if that's the case, it IS the last Boss if the Expansion. To be honest I would be disappointed if it could be oneshotted ^^

however they also said "you are gonna need 300+ tries on siegcrafter heroic" and we used about half of that. if we wouldn't have put in a 8 week long break from raiding (X-mas and so on, we are a bit more chilled here and don't go super hardcore to kill everything asap)

but we'll see. if it dies in 100 tries I'm happy. if it dies in 200+ tries I'm also happy :) let's get it on! :D
Schroom

Postby Kai » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 am

well, you did it after the massive nerf bat hit, didn't you?
Kai

Postby Schroom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:28 am

the kill yes. we put in about 40 tries before. had to stop doing progress for about 8 weeks. had 2 days of progress again when the nerfbat hit. alltough we didn't switch to mines, as everybody does now in 10 man. we stayed with the old strat, as we learned it already. killing weapons was never an issue. killing adds for tanks isn't really different now from then. and we still did the same swap order as pre nerf. for the magnet we send everybody up on the belt so they don't have to worry about that. so it was infact only more forgiving for people who misstepped into the fire.

the Klaxxi nerf wasn't really that big. only fierey edge and multishot dmg was reduced slightly. To ensure less rng deaths. (which still happen)
Schroom

Postby Xfighter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Finally getting to farm this boss now that Garrosh is dead, and I must say, even when wiping, using the scorpion buff as a tank makes this fight so much more enjoyable overall.

The more I get to use it, the better I get at lining up its uses with my other spells/high vengeance moments, and it becomes a small mini-game in itself on what you can do to fully utilize it.

From doing the fight first hand, to watching a guild on our servers progression streams on it, the biggest advice I can give to tanks approaching this fight - learn to make use of the scorpion early on in progression, as the help it can provide is pretty substantial even in a 10-man group.

I use it on Korven 50-0 burn + left overs on Hisek, then use it on the Kaz'tik burn (usually only get 1 mesmerize because of it), and again near the end, if feasible. The damage being dished out near the end is really quite high, so scorpion can either really pay off if you cen CD/get externals for the end and survive long enough, otherwise if you pop it and die shortly after then its not really worth the trade off.

The above lines up for you to be able to pop GoAK+AD+DP(sometimes) and a new-ish EF, and then I usually only manage to get a vigil once those run out. Sometimes get both vigil+ironbark, or just ironbark and usually works fine. If a cloak proc happens early in scorpion, or if it looks like you really might die soon, /cancelaura'ing the buff is more recommended to not cause a wipe for a silly DPS boost (at this point in gear, the enrage shouldn't be an issue when 2-healing anyways)
Xfighter

Postby Caddirly » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 am

Have Heroic Paragons progression tonight. What glyphs and talents have prot paladins found to work best? I mean is DP still better than HA, is HP or LH the way to go, etc. Should I do Clemency or stay with Unbreakable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Caddirly

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)