[10H] Paragons of the Klaxxi

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Paragons of the Klaxxi

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:18 am

No problem if that's the case, it IS the last Boss if the Expansion. To be honest I would be disappointed if it could be oneshotted ^^

however they also said "you are gonna need 300+ tries on siegcrafter heroic" and we used about half of that. if we wouldn't have put in a 8 week long break from raiding (X-mas and so on, we are a bit more chilled here and don't go super hardcore to kill everything asap)

but we'll see. if it dies in 100 tries I'm happy. if it dies in 200+ tries I'm also happy :) let's get it on! :D
Schroom

Postby Kai » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 am

well, you did it after the massive nerf bat hit, didn't you?
Kai

Postby Schroom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:28 am

the kill yes. we put in about 40 tries before. had to stop doing progress for about 8 weeks. had 2 days of progress again when the nerfbat hit. alltough we didn't switch to mines, as everybody does now in 10 man. we stayed with the old strat, as we learned it already. killing weapons was never an issue. killing adds for tanks isn't really different now from then. and we still did the same swap order as pre nerf. for the magnet we send everybody up on the belt so they don't have to worry about that. so it was infact only more forgiving for people who misstepped into the fire.

the Klaxxi nerf wasn't really that big. only fierey edge and multishot dmg was reduced slightly. To ensure less rng deaths. (which still happen)
Schroom

Postby Xfighter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Finally getting to farm this boss now that Garrosh is dead, and I must say, even when wiping, using the scorpion buff as a tank makes this fight so much more enjoyable overall.

The more I get to use it, the better I get at lining up its uses with my other spells/high vengeance moments, and it becomes a small mini-game in itself on what you can do to fully utilize it.

From doing the fight first hand, to watching a guild on our servers progression streams on it, the biggest advice I can give to tanks approaching this fight - learn to make use of the scorpion early on in progression, as the help it can provide is pretty substantial even in a 10-man group.

I use it on Korven 50-0 burn + left overs on Hisek, then use it on the Kaz'tik burn (usually only get 1 mesmerize because of it), and again near the end, if feasible. The damage being dished out near the end is really quite high, so scorpion can either really pay off if you cen CD/get externals for the end and survive long enough, otherwise if you pop it and die shortly after then its not really worth the trade off.

The above lines up for you to be able to pop GoAK+AD+DP(sometimes) and a new-ish EF, and then I usually only manage to get a vigil once those run out. Sometimes get both vigil+ironbark, or just ironbark and usually works fine. If a cloak proc happens early in scorpion, or if it looks like you really might die soon, /cancelaura'ing the buff is more recommended to not cause a wipe for a silly DPS boost (at this point in gear, the enrage shouldn't be an issue when 2-healing anyways)
Xfighter

Postby Caddirly » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 am

Have Heroic Paragons progression tonight. What glyphs and talents have prot paladins found to work best? I mean is DP still better than HA, is HP or LH the way to go, etc. Should I do Clemency or stay with Unbreakable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Caddirly

Postby Kai » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 am

can't help you with the tanking stuff, but some generic things:
- make use of the scropion buff. will require a cooldown, but the dps gain is a joke
- while you cannot immunity hisek's AIM ability, you can get rid of it with vanish, invisibility, feint death and the priest talent that drops you from combat. that makes life a LOT easier
- the main healing intensity is at the start of the fight. make sure your healers burn all personal CDs and aren't afraid to waste 60-70% of their mana pool. afterwards it gets rather boring, healing wise
Kai

Postby Schroom » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:27 am

Caddirly wrote:Have Heroic Paragons progression tonight. What glyphs and talents have prot paladins found to work best? I mean is DP still better than HA, is HP or LH the way to go, etc. Should I do Clemency or stay with Unbreakable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I see no need for Clemency. so unless you really need it for whatever reason always stay with unbreakable spirit.

DP vs HA? well I'd say it REALLY depends on what Bosses you are tanking. and what you're overall strat is.

I don't see any use for LH tho. as the raid will never bee stacked in high AE damage situations. (Iyyokuk)

so Prism is my talent here
Schroom

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)