[10H] Ra-Den

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Ra-Den

Postby Darielle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:10 pm

yup. but the most annoying thing sit still that he resets his swingtimer when soaking. especially if it is Fatal strike that should have happened and doesn't happen after all. so you have to time exactly when he soaks (although you need big CD because soaking immediately after Fatal strike leaves you at 25% HP)

for the first time I use GoAk + Auramastery and double SoTR just to be sure and pray he doesn't troll me (I guess AD doesn't work on Fatal strike, has anyone ever had the chance to catch a log confirming this?). For the second one I wait with my second HA and start stacking it a couple of seconds before I have to soak. leaving me with guaranteed SoTR. While rotating small CDs available.

AD won't prevent the instakill mechanic if you don't have ShoR up, but it will most likely save you if you get killed by damage with ShoR up.

I also noticed he has something that lets him hit other people during P2.
[22:35:14.487] Ra-den hits Export Dodge
[22:35:15.999] Ra-den hits Slashlove 483000 (O: 354810)
[22:35:17.535] Ra-den hits Export Dodge
It wasn't a result of anything silly like Salv, or ThreatRoll or anything like that. He just decided he wanted some pussy.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:41 am

Darielle wrote: He just decided he wanted some pussy.

well least he got some ^^

but seriously Ra-Den and also lei Shen HM are 2 very buggy encounters. which is kinda understandable as only very few players come that far. and even less bugs are reported and even then being taken as serious bug that needs hot-fixing.

even tho it IS frustrating sometimes.
Schroom

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm

He just parried a little too hard, is all.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:28 am

I noted someone on TIB mentioned that they saw someone else mention Fatal Strike hitting for exactly 75% of health. Time to do some reverse engineering.
Darielle

Postby Xfighter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks for all the tips given on this site ;)

Just got Lei tonight, and was worried about not having another DPS to replace my warrior co-tank who's DPS is pretty low, but still put attempts in anyways.

Ended up getting him down on the 7th pull, with the 6th pull being the next best at 51%. Pulls 1-5 were all wipes within 10-20%.

First 3 pulls we butchered from me not knowing to/missing my Devo's so first hits were multiple deaths. 4th pull was me dying from an add explosion right into a fatal strike for 30k overkill, 5th was a legit fatal strike failing. Divine prot + divine purpose really make fatal strike pretty easy to manage, as like I said only one death from it, and that was from trying to stun an add. On the kill we pushed into p2 just before we had to do the 8th orb hit (I think - I forgot to redo logs after Lei Shen so have no reference point)

To put it into perspective, we ran with:
Prot pally
R Sham
R Druid
2x Shadow
Lock
Rogue
Dk
Warrior
Hunter

We lost 2 DPS at 43% (Lock & Warrior OS DPS), had our DK lagging for most of sub-40, and our hunter DC'd out completely for a decent bit of sub 40 as well. Still got the kill the first time hitting p2, ignoring every orb. RNG was extremely in our favor (first orb vita, then mostly anima until around 20% we got another vita, and then the last vita was headed to the boss as we hit 5%).

Damage wise, I (prot pally) hit 440k or so, and our warrior was at like 80-90k or so dps, with the others dc'd/lagged below 130-140 easily. Me + 2 healers at 120k? or so hps each.

Was a rather shockingly easy boss, especially for my guild that struggled on other fights. Obviously the avg ilvl of 540ish helped in trivializing it, but overall I'd say most guilds who will reach him before the patch shouldn't have any issues at all in killing it, and to not call a wipe if you're close to p2 with people dead - as long as you have vita soakers available to last to p2, keep going and give it a shot.

P.S. Strat we used on vita soaks was everyone /focusing the person ahead of them in the order, and one person calling out "person after x".
Xfighter

Postby Schroom » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 am

Darielle wrote:I noted someone on TIB mentioned that they saw someone else mention Fatal Strike hitting for exactly 75% of health. Time to do some reverse engineering.

with SoTR up yes.

without SoTR it's an instakill.
Schroom

Postby Thels » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I first thought that the energy bar would suffice, but when we downed Lei Shen like 2 hours before the servers went down for the 5.4 update, and gave it a try, I was a little taken by surprise about how fast that energy bar updates. We had half the raid not knowing the fight, so it wasn't going to go down either way, but next time I'll sure have that WeakAura installed.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Schroom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:46 am

yup it's extremely helpfull an requires really good HoPo management.
Schroom

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)