Remove Advertisements

Dark Animus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: Dark Animus

Postby Zothor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:54 pm

At least on normal, I'm starting to think tank survivability on this fight really shouldn't be the issue if adequately geared. Just got our second 25N kill last night using the same strat as our first: I took the two Massive Animas, bubblecleared my stacks at 10, and our Warrior tank held the boss the whole time (I think he's leaping out of the ring). Only, he went down like a sack of potatoes about halfway through the burn phase this week.

So I taunted the boss and went paladin on him. Healers just bombed me, I actually blew cooldowns inefficiently (because I had NO idea tanking all three at once was going to work) and had to eat -two- rings, and I died at 2%. BUT our raid finished him off. So anyhow, if you can do it by ACCIDENT, I think you could figure out how to do it on purpose.

Paladins are really good on those Massive Animas; the fist slam thinger that stacks a debuff and does increasing damage is pure fire, so unglyph your divine protection and you'll be able to cooldown like four of them in a row (five if you can separately use a battlemaster trink/healthstone to fake another CD) before calling for an external and then probably having divine protection back up AGAIN (yayyyy unbreakable will). We don't get to cheese the ring mechanic like monks and warriors do, but being able to clear our fire stacks going into the boss phase is unbelievably powerful. I'm almost certain that, if you cooldowned the 12 stack, cleared your stacks, then started CDs at 8-10 you could single tank the whole fight. I suppose the question is why you'd bother (except to get an EPIC world of logs parse) since all the fights in the instance are designed for two tanks.
Zothor

Postby Darielle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Any person who stands in melee range can eat rings for you and you never have to eat them.
Darielle

Postby Rokh » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 am

Zothor wrote:all the fights in the instance are designed for two tanks.

Council, turtle, bird(normal only), Eyeball, Dark Animus, iron Qan.

All very easy to 1 tank.

Btw on this boss, we have healers stand near the tank and just step in a pinch to break rings.

We fill all the broken large, fill 1 massive with what ever little ones are left, then kill boss. The trash is harder than this boss.
Rokh

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am

Rokh wrote:
Zothor wrote:all the fights in the instance are designed for two tanks.

Council, turtle, bird(normal only), Eyeball, Dark Animus, iron Qan.

All very easy to 1 tank.

Btw on this boss, we have healers stand near the tank and just step in a pinch to break rings.

We fill all the broken large, fill 1 massive with what ever little ones are left, then kill boss. The trash is harder than this boss.

Easy to tank for a paladin, yes, but not designed for a single tank, which is exactly what the post you quoted said.
Belloc

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)