Dark Animus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Dark Animus

Postby culhag » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:10 am

I'd like to know if you have a safe way to tank the boss and the Massive Golems.

We've killed it twice already but it was really ugly, just burning down the boss before we ran out of battle rez for the tanks.

I've just read the Icy Veins strat and they talk about avoiding the Massive Golem's Explosive Slam but it isn't clear if that's just for the dps or if the tanks can avoid it too.

Anyway, how do you handle these bad robots ?
culhag
Maintankadonor

Re: Dark Animus

Postby Welljel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:01 am

In 10s normal we only activate the one massive golem then just tank it facing away from the raid and swap when anima ring is cast. Can't say we've ever had a problem, the tank takes a bit more damage when the anima ring debuff is on them but it's manageable.
Welljel

Postby daishan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 am

We always have a dps clear a path for the tank when the anima ring spawns.
Same as you on 10 only have one massive active I tank the boss the whole time it's up so unsure about avoiding the smash.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:16 am

We have a DPS eat the ring so the tank can get out safely and not need to tank swap. DS removes the debuff from the Massive golem, so if your DPS is spot on enough, you won't need to tank swap at all. Our Monk tanks the Massive Golem until we're ready to activate the Animus, then I take the Massive and he takes the Animus.

Usually our Ele Shaman or Shadow Priest eat part of the ring so our Monk can just strafe out safely. Since it only affects physical damage, they don't need to worry about the debuff as much as tanks do.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:19 am

culhag wrote:I've just read the Icy Veins strat and they talk about avoiding the Massive Golem's Explosive Slam but it isn't clear if that's just for the dps or if the tanks can avoid it too?

Our Monk tried Roll and his little teleport dealie-o, and the Massive came after him every time before finishing its Smash on him. This is for DPS who might be near the tank for Matter Swaps.

I've tried using Lifegrip and Speed of Light before as well, and the Animus just la-de-da stumbled after me before slamming me.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 am

Sorry I didn't specify, that was on 25-man Normal. We activate both Massive Golems, so we can't easily swap them with the boss. :(

Bellanka wrote:We have a DPS eat the ring so the tank can get out safely and not need to tank swap.

That's a very good idea !

So it seems that the best would be to have one tank with the golems, clearing the debuff with bubble, the other tank on the boss, avoiding the debuff with the help of a dps. No swaps.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 am

Wow you've been having a tank eat the ring debuff? He must have been getting wrecked.
Winkle

Postby culhag » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:46 am

Yeah :? we didn't spend a lot of time thinking about the strategy, since we killed it anyway.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Magnilda » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:09 am

Anybody have some tips for the safest and most idiot proof way of doing the adds at the start? Had a couple of attempts on it last night trying the VOX way, didn't manage to get too far through the phase but I think that was down to our poor execution more than anything. So before we bash our head against it next time, is that the best way to be doing it?
Magnilda

Postby Taeron » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 am

Magnilda wrote:Anybody have some tips for the safest and most idiot proof way of doing the adds at the start? Had a couple of attempts on it last night trying the VOX way, didn't manage to get too far through the phase but I think that was down to our poor execution more than anything. So before we bash our head against it next time, is that the best way to be doing it?

What we did...

Each dps and healer tank one small add at start. Each tank takes 2 of the small ones closes to the broken large anima golems (one that can hold 8 anima). 1 tank takes the two on the left, one two on the right.

- We kill the small ones on one tank first, let anima store into the broken Large Anima Golem.
- Repeat on the other side for the second tank.
- Then we activate the Massive Anima thing next to the boss by killing one of the small ones on dps or healer next to it.
- 1 tank picks up Massive Anima Golem, the other tank was taunting the rest of the small ones and schleping them to the massive anima.
- After all small ones that were active and hitting our dps/healers are killed and stored in the Massive Anima, we needed to kill 2 small broken ones to fill him up completely (36 anima storage in massive).
- Then we active the boss. 1 tank on boss, 1 on massive anima. Tank switch on (iirc) 2 stacks of Explosive Slam from Massive Golem or if the boss tank gets hit by the ball from the Anima Ring.
Taeron

Postby Gab » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:54 am

Not sure what the Vox strat is but we used:

9 Normal damaged
3 Large damanged
1 Massive (active)

My main suggestions is DON'T rush the first phase. Tanks and healers use big cooldowns to survive the initial "linked" normal golems. All dps and healers need to be very careful not to "link" any of their normal golems to another, including damaged ones.

Our 2 melee started out on near one of the damaged large golems, being careful not to link them, and tanks with two each near the other two damaged.

Ranged killed the tank golems first and by the time all 4 are deposited into the damaged large our melee were usually finishing up on theirs. After that you just take actives one at a time (off of healers first) to the massive, leaving one for later to activate the boss. The massive will need to be dragged around to 4 damaged normal golems to hit 36 anima. At this point boss is activated and tanks swap. Paladin on massive for phase 2 is ideal since we can bubble the debuff off half way through, just burn hard from here and you should have a kill. He dies really, really fast.
Gab

Postby Winkle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 am

You can tank two golems without them linking by standing between them.
Winkle

Postby Kikiel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Bellanka wrote:We have a DPS eat the ring so the tank can get out safely and not need to tank swap. DS removes the debuff from the Massive golem, so if your DPS is spot on enough, you won't need to tank swap at all. Our Monk tanks the Massive Golem until we're ready to activate the Animus, then I take the Massive and he takes the Animus.

Usually our Ele Shaman or Shadow Priest eat part of the ring so our Monk can just strafe out safely. Since it only affects physical damage, they don't need to worry about the debuff as much as tanks do.

Did your Monk just try teleporting out of the ring?
Kikiel

Postby Promdates » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:11 am

The CD on Animus Ring is shorter than the 45s CD for Transcendance. So he could use it probably twice, maybe 3 times depending on how long the fight goes on.
Promdates

Postby Kikiel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:16 am

The Transcendance: Transfer is a 25s CD, so it can be more often than that. About how often is Animus Ring usually being cast in 10M?
Kikiel

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)