Remove Advertisements

[10H] Tsulong

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Tsulong

Postby Galiks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 am

This is the first fight giving us any sort of difficulty. Phase 1 is not a problem, however Phase 2 add handling is proving to be extremely difficult. The main problem we're having is gibs from Unstable Sha Bolts going off and the Fright spawns/Unstable Shas not going down fast enough. I understand Unstable Sha's can be stunned/banished/etc, but it just isn't helping. We assign DPS to certain sectors as well with markers and communication to assure we have a good split.

Any tips for preferable DPS classes - seems as though interrupts are favored? 2, 3, or 4 heal? Any tips in general for Phase 2?

Thinking about 1-tanking it with a plate DPS or holy paladin taunting from maximum range with defensive CDs up to take a breath, or if the breath requires Tsulong's target to be in melee range can possibly kite him long enough for the single tank's Shadow Breath debuff to fall off. Thoughts? This can be attempted on normal or LFR if anyone is curious to try it, but I'll be WoW-less for a few days. Tried some weird shiz as ret with BoPing myself and taunting and the breath seemed to be delayed as well, so possibly the Shadow Breath requires the target to not be immune to physical damage for whatever reason. This can simplify the encounter if you can drop a tank..
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Re: [10H] Tsulong

Postby Kishandra » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm willing to bet the main reason you're dying from unstable sha is that people are already low from terrorize ticks. That's the source of most of our deaths in 25m at least. We have a system where you interrupt the sha if terrorize had just gone out recently, and let it go otherwise to help dps.

As for the fright spawns, try to kill them about ~5ish seconds before Tsulong's next breath. The first and third add are easy this way - dps it down fast. The second one you actually want to keep alive for a bit because the breath won't be ready until usually ~20 seconds after it dies.

You can kill them earlier, as long as you have aoe cc rotations (solar beam - symbiosis a dps shaman for this fight, aoe stuns, etc.)

1-tanking is a possibility. Tough, but doable. Sometimes you just get screwed with 5 breaths though (it happens randomly.) I recommend that you just keep going with your comp until you've hit enrage a few times, then determine whether or not you need the extra throughput 1 fewer tank would give. It helps if you have a guardian offtank too, they can do ~20 mil healing to the boss in the day phases.
Kishandra

Postby Galiks » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Kishandra wrote:I'm willing to bet the main reason you're dying from unstable sha is that people are already low from terrorize ticks. That's the source of most of our deaths in 25m at least. We have a system where you interrupt the sha if terrorize had just gone out recently, and let it go otherwise to help dps.

As for the fright spawns, try to kill them about ~5ish seconds before Tsulong's next breath. The first and third add are easy this way - dps it down fast. The second one you actually want to keep alive for a bit because the breath won't be ready until usually ~20 seconds after it dies.

You can kill them earlier, as long as you have aoe cc rotations (solar beam - symbiosis a dps shaman for this fight, aoe stuns, etc.)

1-tanking is a possibility. Tough, but doable. Sometimes you just get screwed with 5 breaths though (it happens randomly.) I recommend that you just keep going with your comp until you've hit enrage a few times, then determine whether or not you need the extra throughput 1 fewer tank would give. It helps if you have a guardian offtank too, they can do ~20 mil healing to the boss in the day phases.

Thanks this helps a lot actually.

Yea we have a guardian druid and moonkin in the raid that pop heart of the wild and go to town - seems to help immensely. Main problem we had was just falling behind on adds but without the pressure to interrupt as much it should be easier to spread damage.

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby timoseewho » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 am

Which healer would you say is best for the day phase out of a Priest, Druid, and Paladin to carry healing on Tsulong? I'm guessing Paladin perhaps? If so, what should he be doing to maximize his healing (spells, talents, glyphs, etc.)? I've seen Tsulong healed for 40-50% during day phases and it blows my mind lol.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Winkle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am

Paladins seem to be stronger than druids or priests as Eternal Flame is very strong.
Winkle

Postby Galiks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Druid heals raid and rolls HoTs on Tsulong, and the Priest/Paladin coordinate to bomb the boss with Guardian Spirit when two stacks of Pure Light are available.

The only make-or-break part of this fight will be the only transition from day to night when adds will be alive still. I suggest lusting somewhere near 65-70 energy on Tsulong during day to handle this. If you get through this, enrage shouldn't be a problem if day phase healing/dispels wasn't messed up.

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Kai » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:12 am

reforged everything into output stats (haste/crit over mastery/spirit) for this and got execution sentence along with the flash of light glyph. not sure if it the respeccing was worth it as enrage wasn't a big problem, but stacking mastery is pretty useless for throughput on the boss.I pushed all CDs shortly before a sunbreath and then clicked a light of day buff right after with CDs still up.
Probably better even to push all CDs and grab the first light of day about 10s before the sunbreath, get back into position for the breath and then take the 2nd light of day right after. Wings will cover all of that.

also bloodlusted 10s before the change from 1st day to 2nd night phase. Had 2 tanks, 2 melee dps, 3 range dps and 3 healers. range dps dealt with the shadow mobs trying to extinguish the sunbeam, melee's stayed mostly on the boss.
then as said before, make sure you don't kill the 2nd big add in the day phase too early, have to wait until the sunbreath is about to come up.

I expected this to be much harder from what I read before. Took us less then 3h total, I'd rate this easier then Lei Shi. maybe not having reliable CC (warlock anyone?) makes lei shi more annoying then it should be or so, but tsulong definitely was easier for us then both protectors and lei shi.
Kai

Postby Kai » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

my healing sucked last week and figured out what it was. might be obvious and me just being a boon, but gonna point it out anyway:
holy avenger reads 'abilities that generate holy power do 30% more dmg/healing'. now if you FoL or DivL tsulong and he's got your beacon, those spells generate holy power and get the 30% bonus. that's huge if you stack that with CDs and a holy priest wings.
Kai

Postby Chronos » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 am

How many light of days are there? They consumed upon clicking them? Details on how that mechanic works would be great thank you!
Chronos

Postby daishan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

There's 4 Light's of Day in each Day phase, they're consumed when clicked so only one healer can use each one.
I'm fairly sure they de-spawn after a little while if not clicked, so you can't save them all up and chain them one after the other.

Just remembered that I wrote this up to help our healers time there cd's, night phase is 2 min so 0:00 is 2 min into the fight, there's 2 night phases and 2 day phases, after the 2nd day phase you have a few sec before berserk about 8:05 total fight length.

0:00 - Day phase starts
0:25 - Beam
0:32 - Breath
0:56 - Beam
1:02 - Breath
1:16 - Beam
I'm thinking healers should delay taking this Beam and blow hero at 1:20 then we should have hero for 2 beams and the nasty add.
1:30 - Breath
1:40 - Beam
1:58 - Breath
2:00 - Night phase starts
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Chronos » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Extremely helpful, this is exactly what I wanted for my healers. So if they despawn after a short while, is it impossible to stack the Light of Day effect with the Breath effect? Thanks very much daishan.
Chronos

Postby daishan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 am

Ah that's what I forgot, the 2 effects overwrite each other, so the healers need to make sure they have at least 6 sec from taking a light of day to the next breath (think it's 6 sec duration) they might need to run a little to click the beam make sure to leav time to run back in front of Tsulong for the breath. Gl
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:40 am

If you have a priest you can make use of the T10 2 piece bonus to roll insane hots on the boss.

More details in this mmo-champ post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/125 ... an-Tsulong
Winkle

Postby PsiVen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Galiks wrote:Thinking about 1-tanking it with a plate DPS or holy paladin taunting from maximum range with defensive CDs up to take a breath, or if the breath requires Tsulong's target to be in melee range can possibly kite him long enough for the single tank's Shadow Breath debuff to fall off. Thoughts? This can be attempted on normal or LFR if anyone is curious to try it, but I'll be WoW-less for a few days. Tried some weird shiz as ret with BoPing myself and taunting and the breath seemed to be delayed as well, so possibly the Shadow Breath requires the target to not be immune to physical damage for whatever reason. This can simplify the encounter if you can drop a tank..

BoPing yourself won't really work because any mob will completely ignore your threat while invulnerable. You can taunt and have his attention for exactly 3 seconds of Fixate, but Shadow Breath is not that reliably timed.

We tried doing a quick swap DPS warrior/druid to eat every other breath (2nd and 4th of 5 total) but found that just having a 2nd tank was still enough DPS to keep up and much more stable against random wipes from screwing that up. Our priest also went Disc instead of Holy solely for more stability against raid damage.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:39 pm

We tried doing a quick swap DPS warrior/druid to eat every other breath (2nd and 4th of 5 total) but found that just having a 2nd tank was still enough DPS to keep up and much more stable against random wipes from screwing that up

To be totally fair ....
DRUID POWER.

Honestly though Tsulong's breath varies by just 1-2 seconds, but if you're using DBM, don't trust your timer.

The 2nd Breath will come 5 seconds after he turns around for a Nightmares spawn (right before he spawns the 2nd Sunbeam)
The 4th Breath will come 2 seconds after he spawns the 3rd Sunbeam.

You can get totally silly wipes, particularly if healers don't have enough warning given that a switch is about to happen, or if the person happens to forget to clear their stacks before taunting, or if a Nightmares is spawned in an inconvenient spot (like near the tanks). All of those are completely avoidable, and should never happen, but practice and theory are different. Second tank bypasses all that stuff, and it makes things like deliberately popping a Sunbeam (to skip a wave of adds) to open up even more dps more reliable without having to sink major cooldowns.

The Disc on raid damage thing is one to mention. You have to bear in mind that there is still raid damage going to happen in Day phase, and some healer is going to deal with it. A Disc bypasses that entirely, it's not nearly as good on Tsulong himself, but you don't need him to be. We went into the first Day phase with Tsulong starting at 28.8% health, and came out of it with Tsulong at ~60% (40% once he switched into Night). That's WELL ahead.
Darielle

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)