[10H] Protectors of the Endless

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Protectors of the Endless

Postby timoseewho » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:43 am

Hello! I'm still deciding between either Protectors of the Endless first or Lei Shi but figured I might as well get some insight on this boss as well:P. I guess my main concerns are the interrupts and the debuff stacking. I've been told that interrupts on the lightning guy isn't as important, but the water one is. How many players do I need interrupting each to ensure none goes through? As for the debuff from the adds, do the adds come at such a rate that it is necessary to have the debuffs drop on players to prevent hitting 10 stacks? Or is it possible to distribute among all 10 players before the berserk? I've seen a few videos where they try to get pairs of players to 3, then rotate, and improvise from there. That's all!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Protectors of the Endless

Postby Grommash » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:33 pm

I posted something similar on an MMO thread but basically.

3 will ensure that water bolts don't get off. Others might tell you differently depending on your tank, but the lightning guy really isn't all that dangerous. A single lockout on the lightning guy during corrupted waters will be enough to neuter his damage.

The adds come at a rate which will (if you 7 DPS 1 tank 2 heal) have 7-9 stacks on all of the classes that actually do damage with about 90 seconds on enrage. So letting them drop normally isn't recommended.

We get our add pair the first three stacks, then pretty much improvise from there. They try and kill them close to the melee in P1 and then melee typically refresh during the lightning storms in P2 when they have to run out. Works out pretty well.
Grommash

Postby Kishandra » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Our rotation for stacks is something like this:

4 groups - 1 ranged group responsible solely for killing adds (boomkin, shadowpriest, locks great for this with multidotting.)
3 dps groups (inc tank.)

Range group gets stacks 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Each of the dps groups get 2 stacks.
Range group refreshes to 5.
Range group refreshes to 6.
Range group refreshes to 7.
Range group refreshes to 8.
~ somewhere around this point, we get into the last phase with only Asani alive.

Two healers are then now placed closest to adds, we hero, then burn boss while healers soak adds. We stopped at 8 stacks apiece because there's some wiggle room for failure but if your dps are confident, they can steal stacks from the healers.

Once both healers are at 8, they call it out, then we stop killing adds and just snare them while burning boss. We kite the boss as far away from the adds as we can get without resetting him, drop all cooldowns, and ignore adds (a couple hit the boss when we were lesser geared a month ago, but generally don't now.)
Kishandra

Postby timoseewho » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Great thanks for the input. The only thing that concerns me now is the interrupts, we'll be running a tank and 2 melee, which I guess I'll have stick on the water, while all the other ranged improvise on the lightning guy. How hard was it to distribute the debuff while running around for the lightning rings in P2?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Grommash » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:52 am

Don't worry about the lightning that much. Just make sure you keep the water dude interrupted as much as possible. It's only a big deal at the end of the first phase and obviously all of the third phase. In P2 as long as you get an interrupt or two when the corrupted waters goes out (to lock him out so he doesn't machine gun them), you should be good.

We positioned in such a way in P1 that our two designated to the adds got the first 3 stacks. Once they got 3 stacks our melee pointed towards the adds, and those two range got on the side. That way our melee didn't have to move and would enter P2 with 3-5 stacks each. During P2 we just sort of winged it. People would be responsible for not going above 8 too early, and to make sure they never lost the debuff. Typically range would get high stacks and during the 3-4 storms melee would have able to refresh or stack an debuff or two during the dance. It's not super important you rush back in to interrupt the water dude in P2, especially during storm because everybody is mostly spread out during the storm anyways.

I typically tank but I am a frost DK for this fight. I enter P2 with 4-5 stacks and then I typically just refresh during storm. Water bolts go off during P2 but the only important ones, as mentioned are when the boss is hasted. You really don't want him machine gunning 1 second water bolts for nearly 200k for any length of time!

We should probably move the boss to the back of the room when we do the hard burn at the end, but generally at around 30% I just tell our range to focus on the boss and burn him. He usually only eats up 2-3 by the time we kill him. Which is why it's really important you never let those adds reach the bosses earlier in the fight. It denies your raid damage, and more importantly gives you far less room to work with at the end. While it states that the adds only go towards the protector with the lowest health, I am almost positive that they have a small AoE component to them, as we have had attempts where adds get through and 2-3 of them all get a stack.

The damage the boss does at the end of the encounter is pretty absurd lol.
Grommash

Postby timoseewho » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 am

How much harder would you guys say is the elite version of this encounter? I remember there being a damage nerf a few weeks back to allow the killing of Kaolan last a whole bit easier. Any general tips for elite? Anything that we normally do on heroic that we don't on heroic-elite or vice versa? Is this 2-healed still? Thanks!
timoseewho

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)