[10H] Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Postby timoseewho » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:47 pm

<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Galiks » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Our strat:

3 heal, 2 tank, 5 dps (3 ranged dedicated to oozes, 2 melee on construct/oozes)

Plan to push amber-shaper on the 4th reshape life cast. Constructs continually stack Destabilize on the Amber-Shaper and DPS be sure to halt to not push passed 70%.

1st reshape life - eats 2 oozes
2nd reshape life - eats 1 ooze
3rd reshape life - eats 1 ooze
4th reshape life - stays construct the entire p2

The tank on the 4th reshape life cast will Amber Strike Amber-Shaper Un'Sok and the Monstrosity continually during p2 and roll the debuff on both - the excess of oozes from p1 will allow plenty of energy. The new constructs just need to prioritize the interrupt on the Monstrosity and then spam Amber Strike until broken. A melee DPS tanks the Monstrosity during Fling (we have a frost DK go blood presence and taunt, preferably from range but this is not necessary).

This minimizes RNG by bringing 3 healers, but relies on the tank construct during p2 to be a beast and never let stacks fall (which may be challenging as he needs to be aware of his energy and the position of Amber-Shaper as he moves around during p2). Monstrosity stacks are not necessary, but they ensure a shorter p2 and thus less chance of running out of ooze supply.

We 3-shot the boss when I became the p2 construct using this strategy. Pretty easy.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby samsara » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 am

don't know if there is a difference to 25H but how you all handle the timing to not let the debuff run out in p1

around 50% off the time its very close to run out or we (tankteam of 3 tanks, 4th stays in construct form to stack debuff on boss and should take care not let the debuff run out on the monster).

We are stacking the debuff, don't kick our selfs the first time but we are still running out willpower sometimes , at least if we don't die we leave the construct at 1-4 willpower.

is there a smoother solution for the timing or should the tanks in p1 just use the 3 (drink) one time, we tried this also but then our dps have to do a dmg stop as we got much more debuff stacks on the boss.
samsara

Postby Kiz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

samsara wrote:
is there a smoother solution for the timing or should the tanks in p1 just use the 3 (drink) one time, we tried this also but then our dps have to do a dmg stop as we got much more debuff stacks on the boss.

Same timing, just drink a puddle each time and tell your dps to hold off on the boss. Once the boss hits 85% none of our dps are on it and they all just focus slimes and the tank construct when needed. When the 4th tank construct comes, dps clean up any slime and push the boss into P2 transition.
Kiz

Postby Chronos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Not interrupting once might help. If you are going to drink a pool, try drinking the moment your willpower hits 80 so your hp is at ~90% and the heal will only top off - not a full 20% heal, but you get the full 20 willpower.
Helpful to spam 1 as youre being reshaped so it applies asap, and to wait to hit 1 until the last moment you leave the construct. You should get three stacks before each interrupt. If you still have problems you need more willpower, or dps to ensure theyre not forcing people out early.
Chronos

Postby Kai » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 am

we found it too annoying to keep a permanent construct. we're doing 0 dps to the boss other then the tank and construct amber strike in P1. that works out to the boss being on around 73-74% just before the 5th or 6th reshape. there's an exact timer for the scalpel cast. and he will always cast reshape life right after, no matter what is going on.
Bloodlust 3-4 seconds before the scalpel comes up, everyone pops dps pots and dps cooldowns (the scalpel plus reshape life lasts for 12 seconds, so any cooldowns longer then 15s can safely be used before you start nuking). as soon as he starts casting scalpel, go nuts. just have to make sure that no one nukes too fast, if he's on 70% before the scalpel starts channeling, then he will call in the monstrosity.
That's the 'kill him in phase 1' strat only that we run 2 tanks 2 healers 6 dps and don't finish him off there, we get him to around 30-35% in those 12 seconds.

The reshape life that he casts after the scalpel (before he calls in the monstrosity) will target a tank. That construct then debuffs the monstrosity (we let the stacks fall off the boss) and drinks 4 pools. That construct is freed up and released.
Next construct will be on a random player then. That construct again drinks 4 pools and is freed.
3rd construct (of phase 2) is then not freed up any more and only drinks up 2 pools as the other 2 pools will be needed in p3, otherwise that construct will run out of willpower. That construct starts debuffing the boss when the monstrosity drops below 15% health.
P3 then is not as blazing fast as when you keep the full stack up on the boss, of course, but as he's on 30%, it's still pretty quick.

We also set up interrupting no the monstrosity so that it's always the previous construct interrupting that. The first monstrosity amber explosion will happen roughly when the 1st random player target reshape life is cast in P2. That is interrupted by the tank-construct (the construct that was spawned by the reshape life when we zerged the boss down in p1). Then the first random -target construct interrupts the monstrosity amber explosion just when the 3rd P2 construct spawns (the one that stays up all fight).
That means you never have to hurry to get the interrupt sorted just after you got hit be reshape life and isntead can hit the current dps/debuff target right away and then sort out drinking the pools first and only have to think about interrupting the monstrosity shortly before you press the release button. Obviously still have to itnerrupt your own cast though.
If one of the 2 healers gets the first random target construct, that's typically no problem, the damage in that phase is pretty low. However if one of the 2 healers gets targeted by the second random-target contruct (the one you keep up for the rest of the fight), to smooth things you'll need some form of raid CD, tranq, vamp embrace, ancestral healing (whatever the shaman vamp embrace is called) etc. And tank CDs of course. It's still very doable, losing 1-2 players doesn't hurt that much. Boss is very low and the constructs carry the dps. Just make sure that everyone is aware that those amber balls (similar to that shadow cutter/lazer on sinestra p1/p3) will switch target if their current target dies or gets turnred into a construct. When that happens, they love to spasm around too, I had very clearly both following me once when the emote said it was on someone else.
Kai

Postby Gab » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 am

We are using the permanently contructed tank method. My Guardian co-tank being the permanent construct with me solo tanking P2 and P3. Thanks to Purity, SS and other utility I feel it's far more effective to have me not permenantly constructed so that I can help out with heals when a healer gets shaped.

Last night's attempt kept ending with him running out of energy. We eat all 4 oozes on all except the last contruct before the transition where we only eat 3. Is the one extra ooze not enough, should the 4 from each Scalpel not be able to sustain him for P2? Do we need to start leaving more pools from P1?

I did one attempt as the permenant construct and energy seemed fine but after some other mishaps and a wipe was called my co-tank claimed that we just hadn't made it far enough into the phase which could be true but I couldn't see it.
Gab

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:51 am

We allow 7 respawns in phase 1, and our permanent construct is on the brink of running out typically when we kill the monstrosity (which for us is shortly after the third reshape in phase 2). We do allow the first reshape in phase 2 to eat a pool, in order to get a few more stacks on the monstrosity quicker.

4 oozes every 50 seconds grats +80 willpower or +1.6 wp/s. Construct depletes 2 wp/s by itself, and has to spend 8 wp every ~13 seconds or so to interrupt itself, so even eating every pool you have a net deficit of around -1 wp/s, hence the need to bank oozes in phase 1 with this tactic. Every banked ooze grants another potential 20 seconds of permanent construct uptime, so 2 minute phase 2 = ~6 oozes.
Rhiannon

Postby daishan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 am

We either phase him into P2 on the 4th or 5th reshape. If it's on the 4th reshape each time a tank gets turned into a construct they only drink 1 pool, if we aim for phasing on the 5th reshape each tank drinks 2 pools. Using those numbers there will be a LOT of oozes at transition, we blow hero there to help the healers, even with only drinking 1 or 2 pools each in P1 by the end of P2 there's often very few pools left.
I'm always in the construct in P2, we have a holy pally taunt for flings and try to keep the boss, monstrosity, and pools fairly close to the middle of the room, as keeping stacks on both the boss and monstrosity can get very tricky if you need to run around a lot, gief rocket boots while in construct!!
Here's a vid of our 1st kill from a while back, not perfect but gives you an idea of how the pools look later in the fight, that was phasing him on the 4th construct, with tanks only drinking 1 pool each time they where reshaped in P1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ufU8bbdWuY
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Galiks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 am

Gab wrote:We are using the permanently contructed tank method. My Guardian co-tank being the permanent construct with me solo tanking P2 and P3. Thanks to Purity, SS and other utility I feel it's far more effective to have me not permenantly constructed so that I can help out with heals when a healer gets shaped.

Last night's attempt kept ending with him running out of energy. We eat all 4 oozes on all except the last contruct before the transition where we only eat 3. Is the one extra ooze not enough, should the 4 from each Scalpel not be able to sustain him for P2? Do we need to start leaving more pools from P1?

I did one attempt as the permenant construct and energy seemed fine but after some other mishaps and a wipe was called my co-tank claimed that we just hadn't made it far enough into the phase which could be true but I couldn't see it.

Here's a private video I made public that describes how to 'perma-construct' phase 2 and its benefits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFKg1119-G0
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Donatist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 am

We 2 heal and perma construct myself. Go on the 6th or 7th scalpel. 6th scalpel eating oozes is 4-3-3-2-2. 7th Scalpel is similiar just 4-4-3-3-2-2. 4 extra pools is enough to keep me alive until the boss dies keeping stacks up on both bosses. Also should note that it is really important for us at least to blow hero when the monstrosity is around 35% so that I can just stack the boss and not worry about stack on the monstrosity anymore. We also avoid the 6th Amber explosion this way.
Donatist

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 am

We roll with a 3 tank, 2 heal, 5 dps comp and use a tank perma constructed in p2. Our kill was shakey because one of the healers got constructed right as the monstrosity died. However, our strat has the tank stacking the debuff only on boss until the first construct goes out on dps then we'll switch to the monstrosity and let the dps/healers stack on the boss.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)