[10N] Tsulong

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Tsulong

Postby frontallobe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 am

I'll have a bit more tomorrow but we 2 healed it because our Pally has the flu (I believe she's effin dying... it's just horrible on vent) and almost (3s) didn't get a second day phase. It's damage crazy but rolling cool downs and such makes it quite fun. Our resto druid wasn't especially happy though.

Meters image Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9iFD0NhP8
Last edited by frontallobe on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: [10N] Tsulong

Postby daishan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Was just reading Icy Veins tactics and was thinking prot pallies should be pretty strong in the day phase tank adds in Bathed in Light and do crazy healing. Anyone know if it buffs our Glyph of the Battle Healer and if Tsulong is healed by it?
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 am

I didn't notice Battle healer healing him, but 5-stack WoG is a nice chunk.

He is immune to LoH, also. He gets the debuff, but no heal. Puts our loH on cooldown for nothing.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 am

The healing buff from the Sun Breath only lasts a few seconds, so Battle Healer isn't going to do much if it works at all.

We spent several wasted pulls on this boss just because of the last Terror that spawns right before the transition back to night phase. Finally we started tanking the last set of small adds on the boss and just had the whole raid burn them down while we chain stunned them with Remorseless Winter/glyphed Holy Wrath. We never had a problem with the little AoE fearing adds again after switching to that strat.
baleogthefierce

Postby zefter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

When the last Terror spawns we CC Unstable Sha to focus the Terror. Then the little adds spawn just in time for the dragon to breathe on them.
zefter

Postby superworm » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:08 am

Has anyone tried to solo tank this? I solo-tanked Tsulong in LFR, and the damage seems managable. I just needed to rotate cooldowns for the breath.
superworm

Postby Darielle » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:19 am

superworm wrote:Has anyone tried to solo tank this? I solo-tanked Tsulong in LFR, and the damage seems managable. I just needed to rotate cooldowns for the breath.

It's easily solo tankable if you pop cooldowns on the breath since you can pretty much play spin the dragon and use the Sunbeams a lot.
Darielle

Postby saif » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 am

Enrage can be a bit tight with 2-tanks/3-heals, but it was doable and kept the healing pretty stable throughout Night phase. Holy Priest made getting the last 15% of healing in the last day phase fairly easy - happened before I even realized it.
saif

Postby Winkle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 am

saif wrote:Enrage can be a bit tight with 2-tanks/3-heals, but it was doable and kept the healing pretty stable throughout Night phase. Holy Priest made getting the last 15% of healing in the last day phase fairly easy - happened before I even realized it.

Why would holy priest make this particularly easy?

Had a few attempts on this and we got close but no kill, monk heals seem to be very good for this.
Winkle

Postby daishan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 am

Monk heals are indeed very good (at least last week think they got nerfed a little)
We found having our spriest spam heal the dragon in day phase was a massive help, she'd be doing almost as much dragon healing as the holy pally.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Winkle wrote:
saif wrote:Enrage can be a bit tight with 2-tanks/3-heals, but it was doable and kept the healing pretty stable throughout Night phase. Holy Priest made getting the last 15% of healing in the last day phase fairly easy - happened before I even realized it.

Why would holy priest make this particularly easy?

Had a few attempts on this and we got close but no kill, monk heals seem to be very good for this.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say because of Guardian Spirit (60% more healing received for 10 seconds).
Belloc

Postby Chronos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 am

1. Sacred shield buffed by bathed in the light?

2. For solo tanking, how many breaths are there in night phase? Four? Does that night breath debuff stack or just get refreshed? If it stacks, think a plate dps could soak one? Bubble remove the debuff?

3. Guardian druid have good cds to solo tank?

4. Absorb effects dont count as healing on the boss, correct?

My new ten man is undergeared and Im looking for ways to cut corners. If we solo tanked we would probably four heal since our healers are doing more percentage to the boss individually than the dps and adds should still be okay.
Thanks.
Chronos

Postby Kishandra » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am

1.) Possible, but it's probably best to pick another talent and heal Tsulong instead.
2.) 4 sounds about right. 30 seconds apart and night phase lasts 2 minutes. They stack in non-LFR. A plate dps could probably soak one, bubble probably can't remove it.
3.) Not really. Why try to solo tank? Tanks do about as much damage as a dps in normal phase anyway.
4.) Correct.

You'd get much more value out of maximizing healing on this fight rather than damage. We got a monk who regularly does 80 million healing to him (in heroic mode yeah but he claims 40-50 mil without Light of Day is doable.) Other healers are able to do 30-40 mil worth of healing on him as well. Any hybrid non healer can dump 10-20 mil worth of healing per day phase as well - druids with heart of the wild are particularly good for this.

Considering Tsulong only has around 175 mil hp in 10N, planned right, you can do about 75% of Tsulong's hp worth of healing in a single day phase with 3 healers and some offspec healing, more or less trivializing the dps check.
Kishandra

Postby Chronos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Was wondering if bathed in the light would give me a buffed sacred shield to heal the boss with but I see that absorbs wont work.
Wondered about solo tanking so the other tank, a guardian druid, can hotw heal/500% tranq.
Mostly though I feel like one of the two tanks is basically wasted in day phase atm and not doing much. Anyone else think it's not a big change?
Chronos

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 pm

We wiped at the enrage at sub-10% several times with 3 healers. Went two healers and a higher DPS comp and beat the fight in 7:23 -- I think the enrage is around 8m?

I'd argue adding more healers isn't necessarily the way to go in this fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)