Remove Advertisements

[10N] Amber Shaper Un'sok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Note that the Construct bar is "Possess" like Blood Queen and Chess, so if you don't have a Priest to MC it can be a pain to test your UI. LFR is good but unless you're a tank you might have to do it multiple times for a shot at it.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Re: Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby Darielle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Do note that while Fling will drop your threat, if you're spamtaunting there's a half-second window between when you land and when you're stunned that your Taunt can go off, so if you're solo in that phase, you should be able to get by.

Ferals should shift out before the cast is done (you can shift out while stunned). If you don't you'd be getting Leader of hte Pack procs anyway.
Darielle

Re: [10N] Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby frontallobe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Got the kill and put together a video for our other teams with narrated tips/tricks that worked for us. I did a shoutout to Maintankadin as well. Go go forums ftw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qECqROcP89k
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Chronos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm

There arent really 25 man threads anymore so Ill just pose this question here. Ive read some groups kill constructs in phase three and players use their bodies to prevent constructs from getting healed by the amber bolts in phase three. Can anyone confirm that the reverse is true? if you are between the boss and constructs in phase 3 then you will avoid the bolts of amber that fly in? They will hit and heal the constructs instead? Forming a wall of constructs to prevent raid damage as we burn boss helpful? Thanks!
Chronos

Postby Brokenone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Confirmed. We use Constructs to block bolts from hitting the raid.
Brokenone

Postby superworm » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 pm

An alternative brainless strategy:
(1) In P1, focus on the transformed player or oozes, DDs only use auto attacks or wands on boss. Wait for 7 scalpels before entering P2.
(2) In P2, ignore the transformed players, who should lick the floor when low on willpower. Pop bloodlust at the start of P2 if one tank is still transformed and rescue him/her ASAP. This way you should have around 3 transformed players when entering P3.
(3) In P3, focus on the boss. Tanks should chain cooldowns when there is no more than 1 healer left.

In this way, p2/p3 are very short. As long as no one messes up with the control/interrupts, it should be easy loot.
superworm

Postby Schroom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 am

had our first wipe night on him yesterday.

we tried 2 tanks 3 healers (2 disc priests swapping to holy now and then to test stuff out, and one resto druid)
no one here mentioned the heal debuff yet. how to you handle it? we basically gave everyone a macro canceling every HOTs that might still tick when they get the debuff, so players have to spam that cancelaura macro. also spiritshell was quite awesome. paladin who got the debuff can jsut bubble through. BoP does not remove the debuff on other players.

well then P1:
the reshaped tank spammed "1" to keep the debuff stacked on the Boss to shorten P1 as much as possible. also if used ASAP after being reshaped you can in fact spam "2". this way you should be able to use it twice and the 3rd one is ready the second you start to cast and you will automatically interrupt yourself. also you help your DPS free you ASAP as you have max uptime on your +100% dmg received debuff.

we where able to time the Phase swap from P1 to P2 perfectly. having the Boss at 73% when the tank was reshaped. focusing him while cleaving the boss and getting P2 startet with the reshaped tank between 30 and 20% which allowed him to free himself almost instantly as soon as the monstrosity spawned.

P2:
our basic tactics where if a DPS is reshaped first he'll stay reshaped until the end of the fight. keeping the debuff up on the monstrosity and interrupting it when no 2nd player was reshaped.
the 2nd player who was reshaped concentrated on interrupting only and being freed asap.

but here was our wipe almost all the time. the RNG did not like us at all. we rarely had a DPS reshaped. the monstrosity liked our healers really much. which always almost instantly lead to a wipe as soon as a healer was reshaped. and if not. the second one who got reshaped was another healer. so with no one staying reshaped and keeping the debuff up, the amberexplosion was cast with no one being reshaped -> whipe. also, while one healer being reshaped we had 2 debuffs ticking in the raid which lead to deaths almost instantly. we just could not figure out how to handle this.

my new idea for next time is using some 25man tactics, as the enrage timer does not worry us atm (had him at 8% once with no enrage timer visible on DBM)

so yeah we will try to use 3 Tanks next time. Keeping the first or the second (depending on how many puddles are there to suck up at the start) tank reshaped for the whole fight. Stacking the debuff on the Boss in p1 keeping it even shorter. Stacking the debuff on the monstrosity in P2 (and thus avoid being a healer the sole reshaped player)
also this way we can control who gets reshaped and fills in that role. so we can have one player concentrating on this only.

what do you think?
Schroom

Postby ramboschox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 am

Schroom wrote:[...]so yeah we will try to use 3 Tanks next time. Keeping the first or the second (depending on how many puddles are there to suck up at the start) tank reshaped for the whole fight. Stacking the debuff on the Boss in p1 keeping it even shorter. Stacking the debuff on the monstrosity in P2 (and thus avoid being a healer the sole reshaped player)
also this way we can control who gets reshaped and fills in that role. so we can have one player concentrating on this only.

what do you think?

We dont deal with the Healbuff at all. Our resto just heals the Tanks and the other 2 Healers (monk/shaman) only hot players after the debuff is gone. That way noone needs a macro.

I don´t really get what you gain from 3 Tanks? That way, you´ll have a lot less yellow pools on the ground for P3, making th DPS check there harder (Kill the Boss till you run out of Pools). In return you make P1&2 easier, which are to me the easier parts of the fight.
Once your raidmembers handle their constructs correct (I bet u had some unwanted explosions which screwed you in combination with the other raiddmg), you shouldnt have wipes due to a reshaped Healer anymore. (it is actually two healable with good rng - maybe help your Healers by popping CD´s while one of them is in the construct)

One question:
Why spam button 2 while in construct? That costs a lot of energy - as far as i know. As a Tank in a contruct, i just need to interrupt myself twice, and jump out of the contruct shortly before I´d have to do it a third time (right about the time my co-tank gets reshaped). That way we can keep the Debuff stacked in P1 (first reshaped pushes it up to 7 stacks)
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Postby Schroom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:41 am

Spamming 2 also gives yourself a debuff "100% more damage received" for 5 seconds making it easier for your dps to free you.

the advantage is to get some of that rng out of the fight and making it overall safer. BUT I really really like superworms strat I guess we will try this first and just zerg. our dps is overall pretty amazing and our rogue is a rockstar.

btw @rambo your character doesnßt exist in the arsenal anymore? did you change name? :>
Schroom

Postby Schroom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 am

superworm wrote:An alternative brainless strategy:
(1) In P1, focus on the transformed player or oozes, DDs only use auto attacks or wands on boss. Wait for 7 scalpels before entering P2.
(2) In P2, ignore the transformed players, who should lick the floor when low on willpower. Pop bloodlust at the start of P2 if one tank is still transformed and rescue him/her ASAP. This way you should have around 3 transformed players when entering P3.
(3) In P3, focus on the boss. Tanks should chain cooldowns when there is no more than 1 healer left.

In this way, p2/p3 are very short. As long as no one messes up with the control/interrupts, it should be easy loot.

mh and what do you do if in p2 the boss prefers to transform your healers? you just wipe and go again?
Schroom

Postby superworm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 am

Schroom wrote:
superworm wrote:An alternative brainless strategy:

mh and what do you do if in p2 the boss prefers to transform your healers? you just wipe and go again?

Our composition is kind of weird when we are using this strategy. We have 5 healers: 2 paladin, 1 druid and 2 priests. The priests just act as dds before the paladins are transformed. Remember that in p1 we don't push the HP of boss, so dps is OK as long as it is enough to burn down the transformed player. Later dps mainly comes from transformed player, so specs doesn't really matter.

Note: in patch 5.1, holy priests are quite strong in dps. Our priest reports that he can do more single target dps than shadow spec.

Here is a recent log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e9wi ... 762&e=2347
There were 4 healers in this log. 5 healing is kind of overkill, so one of them went shadow. We had serious connection problems and the execution was far from perfect. The rogue died in p2, but we still killed the boss anyway.
superworm

Postby Darielle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Note: in patch 5.1, holy priests are quite strong in dps. Our priest reports that he can do more single target dps than shadow spec.

Which one? CoconutMilk? Because that looks to be more a case of possibly not quite being on spot with Shadow if that's actually the case; Holy Priest dps really isn't great at all, certainly not competitive with Shadow.
Darielle

Postby superworm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Darielle wrote:

Which one? CoconutMilk? Because that looks to be more a case of possibly not quite being on spot with Shadow if that's actually the case; Holy Priest dps really isn't great at all, certainly not competitive with Shadow.

He told us that, but he could be wrong. I do have a priest alt myself, but it is too undergeared (~ilv 430) to really test something.
superworm

Postby Schroom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 am

Holy and Disc priests are strong for a short time. They can burst with >100k dps but after that they need a break ^^ I think 2 Discpriests or at least on disc and 1 holy would be best if a raid possesses 2 priests. our Druid will heal tanks only from now on in this encounter.

so we will try superworms tactic but a bit changed as we don't really posses 4 competitive healers (our shaman is an alt of our 3t tank)

so we will try this with 3 tanks nonetheless. taking 7 to 8 scalpels (depending on which one our warrior tank gets transformed) an leave him in, so we can have a transformed player on the monstrosity from the start, stacking up that debuff. using hero asap the second player is transformed (would eb the first one in superworms tactics) that way we have already some debuffs with that hero and 2 players continuing to stack up that debuff. this should shorten P2 a bit more and thus taking out a bit of the trouble 2 healers could maybe have.

I'll tell you how it went.
Schroom

Postby ramboschox » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 am

Schroom wrote:btw @rambo your character doesnßt exist in the arsenal anymore? did you change name? :>

Yeah well, as more and more of my RL mates dropped our 25 man raid I followed them at the moment we stopped raiding 25 man. I had to transfer my char and had to stop being a member of the most awesome race that ever existed on the face of azeroth.
Therefor I couldnt keep my dwarf birthname and took over the name of my idol: Kennypowers (I even got the mullet now) - Eredar EU (Tauren Paladin now - sry cant link armory from work).
Best wishes
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)