Remove Advertisements

[10N] Imperial Vizier Zorlock

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Imperial Vizier Zorlock

Postby frontallobe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi all,

We were able to kill this last night and thought I'd share some stuff we learned in killing it. Any additional tips/tricks are welcome. Here's a guide I put together on what worked for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVDEsX5BVWg&feature=plcp -- tips and tricks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pWHfek ... el&list=UL -- same kill with just full ventrilo

Good luck have fun.. those domes hit like a mother fucker.
Last edited by frontallobe on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: Imperial Vizier Zorlock [10m] normal

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 am

My experience is from 25-man, but here are some of the useful tips we picked up.

-We found that assigned groups made the zone stacking easier for the AoE, just pick capable people and mark them so people can quickly see which bubble their group is using. It seemed that the boss always put down at least one zone directly in melee range, so have your melee group take that one. It's helpful to have a cooldown rotation planned out for the zones ahead of time as the damage is still significant despite the % reduction from the bubbles.
-Exhale seems to prefer ranged targets, I don't think that was noted in the dungeon journal. We tried to keep the ranged/tanks on one side of the boss and left melee behind him to prevent accidental exhales without interrupting DPS to stack everyone behind the tanks.
-If you have access to a DK tank, have them get Gorefiend's Grasp and pull the mind-controlled targets into the center for easy AoE. If you have a non-tank get it, it can (and will) be used on the raid, which is not fun during the final phase.
baleogthefierce

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 am

Double hands is an excellent talent to take on this fight due to Force and Verve. Force and Verve is Physical damage and a Hand of Protection at the start of it should allow immunity for the full duration of the cast. Our raid found the Force and Verve damage to be quite heavy and this helped us get through the Phase 2 F&V's a little more reliably.

I suggest using Hand of Protection on one healer per F&V in phase 2. You can also use it on caster DPS if you have an abundance of paladins. Either way, it's less damage to heal and a full health healer is able to focus on healing other people and not worry about his own health.

Note on the barries during F&V: Melee should obviously get the first and closest barrier. Healers should move immediately to the second barrier, as doing so allows them to get in position before the damage starts. I also suggest that healers not be far from the boss when F&V is imminent for this very reason. The final and furthest barrier is reserved for ranged, but there's always a chance that your group comp would allow for a ranged to go into the melee bubble and the healer bubble should always have an empty spot (or 2 if you are 2-healing).
Belloc

Postby frontallobe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 am

-We found that assigned groups made the zone stacking easier for the AoE, just pick capable people and mark them so people can quickly see which bubble their group is using.
-- also a nice tip (i just found today) is uncheck the box that has DBM mark the mind controlled folks so you still have your marks at the end when you need them most.
frontallobe

Postby frontallobe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

We didn't mark and just did this strat. Although once it bugged and put 2 domes in the gas in the middle of the room. "just wipe it.. wtf"

Note on the barries during F&V: Melee should obviously get the first and closest barrier. Healers should move immediately to the second barrier, as doing so allows them to get in position before the damage starts. I also suggest that healers not be far from the boss when F&V is imminent for this very reason. The final and furthest barrier is reserved for ranged, but there's always a chance that your group comp would allow for a ranged to go into the melee bubble and the healer bubble should always have an empty spot (or 2 if you are 2-healing).
frontallobe

Postby lakhesis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:32 pm

- I found that if you're already standing in his hitbox when he starts casting the Exhale, then you'll immediately intercept it & it'll stay intercepted no matter where his target is standing. This did not seem to work as reliably if he'd already started channelling when you stepped into him, but still worked ok-ish.

- The tank has to take one of the melee range shields, otherwise he'll melee someone else after Force & Verve. I was initially running to an outer shield cos of my higher mitigation, but unless I ran back while the Force & Verve was still up we was consistently doing a melee hit on someone the instant he stopped channelling. Hence it's simplest to just stay in close.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Tebin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:26 am

frontallobe wrote:We didn't mark and just did this strat. Although once it bugged and put 2 domes in the gas in the middle of the room. "just wipe it.. wtf"

We had this bug a couple of times as well. At first we thought it was because someone had left a spell item in the gas (priest feathers), but the second time nobody was owning up to leaving anything. Do you know if something like that could've caused it?
Tebin

Postby frontallobe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am

We thought it was something similar but never saw it again. We'll keep an eye on it this week and see if we get it again.
frontallobe

Postby superworm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 am

I'm wondering that, as Force and Verve are marked as physical damage, our devotion aura is useless in this encounter?
superworm

Postby Nova » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am

superworm wrote:I'm wondering that, as Force and Verve are marked as physical damage, our devotion aura is useless in this encounter?

Evidence points out that yes, it is useless, but I've yet to check my logs about it.

As mentioned, Hand of Protection and Divine Shield are wonderful here.
Nova

Postby Treck » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am

Its physical, so is the spheres you dodge, Devo aura is pretty much only usefull when swapping between the platforms ;(
Hand of protection obviously works fine on both (as does Shield of the righteous)
Treck

Postby Schroom » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 am

Nova wrote:

yep we used that to when we killed it on Sunday. I tanked and we had 2 ret paladins. In the last phase our healers where OOM so for the 3rd "barrier" phase all 3 paladins bubble and BoPed on caster DPS and 2 healers. our rogue used his invulnerability cloak thingy so only 2 people left to heal. I used Holy avenger here and healed both of them, being the tank but having vengeance stacked over the top, my Word of glory was like lay on hand.

also the 2 players left got hand of sacrifice from our rets. so NO Mana needed for an entire barrier phase. when we came out the boss was at 5% and we just killed it.

also we think that Heroism is best used after the second "dancing party" in the last phase. As the next ability is the MC, and no movement required for some time. casters are thankful.
Schroom

Postby Nova » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 am

Schroom wrote:
Nova wrote:

yep we used that to when we killed it on Sunday. I tanked and we had 2 ret paladins. In the last phase our healers where OOM so for the 3rd "barrier" phase all 3 paladins bubble and BoPed on caster DPS and 2 healers. our rogue used his invulnerability cloak thingy so only 2 people left to heal. I used Holy avenger here and healed both of them, being the tank but having vengeance stacked over the top, my Word of glory was like lay on hand.

also the 2 players left got hand of sacrifice from our rets. so NO Mana needed for an entire barrier phase. when we came out the boss was at 5% and we just killed it.

also we think that Heroism is best used after the second "dancing party" in the last phase. As the next ability is the MC, and no movement required for some time. casters are thankful.

Amazing, shows how much a Paladin can do. Three Paladins in your raid group? Interesting!

Though I'd rather know a way to survive that damage without stacking Paladins xD
Nova

Postby Darielle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:16 pm

If you have 3 healers, any run of the mill cooldown should serve. We use a Tranq for one. Spirit Link/Healing TIde can work on one. BEar HotW Tranq does the job too. Pretty much anything should be sufficient; I'd even go as far as to say that in theory you should be able to handle it without raid cooldowns in case you get caught with pants down and everything is in cd.
Darielle

Re: [10N] Imperial Vizier Zorlock

Postby timoseewho » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Question about Convert, does the MC'ed person use abilities if their abilities are on cooldown? For example, if a Mage uses Dragon's Breath moments prior to being MC'ed, will his MC'ed self use DB? We've been having people use their disrupting spells off CD whenever to prevent their MC's to possibly use it on the raid, should we be worrying about this? I'm guessing this should be same on normal and heroic.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)