Remove Advertisements

Heroic MSV 10man Progression Path

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Heroic MSV 10man Progression Path

Postby Mokoshne » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:35 am

Anyone who has had Beta raid testing access able to shed any info on a progression path for heroic mode MSV? Interested to know which boss to hit first tomorrow.

Thanks
Mokoshne

Re: Heroic MSV 10man Progression Path

Postby Hespherus » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:14 am

If its only first you are worried about, im pretty sure Stone guards are gonna be easy enough, or at least easier than any other bosses.

I myself, i think FEng could actually be the 2nd, Spirit Kings 3rd once you get a hang of the special abilities, because we basically 2 shotted normal with no previous experience on the boss. Then Garajal>Elegon>Will of the Emperor.

I have no beta raiding experience, so take this with a grain of salt.
Hespherus

Postby Treck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 am

If 25man is anything to compare with, Garajal is a joke on heroic compared to most other bosses.
Its another case just like Hagara from DS.
Stone guard also beeing pretty easy compared to the rest.
Treck

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:24 am

I don't expect 10/25 to have too much correlation in this area. Gara'jal will have a LOT of health and require 3heal, so it will probably be pretty demanding for 10m at least.

Spirit Kings < Stone Guard < Feng < Gara'jal < Elegon < Will is my guess. We raid late so it should be pretty clear by our start time whether Stone Guard is a pushover; I don't expect it to be.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Hespherus » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 am

I sure hope Spirit kings is gonna be an easier encounter than stone guards. Ive seen plenty of people wiping on it on beta streams.

I also think that Garajal might be pretty tight on the enrage, it already was on normal. Was practically impossible for us 3 healing it, and 2 healing was pretty hard towards the end.
Hespherus

Postby Treck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

Spirit kings gets really complicated in heroicmode, So i would definately not say its the easiest encounter, unless they managed to undertune it a lot in 10man.
Treck

Postby Kishandra » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Having completed the 25m heroics, here's my opinion of difficulty:

Spirit kings > Garajal > Will > Elegon > Feng > Stone guards.

With gear, Garajal, elegon, and feng will all become easier so Will might move up.
Kishandra

Postby Tebin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 am

So we're now 6/6 MSV, and 1/6 HoF, having been stuck at bladelord due to healers who can't dodge cyclones :/ Would it be worth trying heroic stone guard, or should we keep plugging at HoF?
Tebin

Postby Gab » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am

Tebin wrote:So we're now 6/6 MSV, and 1/6 HoF, having been stuck at bladelord due to healers who can't dodge cyclones :/ Would it be worth trying heroic stone guard, or should we keep plugging at HoF?

If your healers are having trouble dodging cyclones than Stone Guards could be a problem because you have to dodge traps, pools and manage chains depending on which dogs are active. The relatively low dps requirement coupled with high tank dps do allow for 4 healing though.
Gab

Postby daishan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am

If you raid 10 man in the EU go for Dogs this coming lockout, I'm fairly certain there's no jasper chains, imo that's as easy as the boss will get.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby oldboyz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:10 am

any update welcome

almost finished normal mode (6/6,4/6, 4/4)
-tanks are both 492+
-heals are 490+
-most of dps are 485-490 (enought to beat all enrage by a very small margin in Terrasse)

quite lazy raid :oops: any brute&simple HM should be our first try. which one should we focus?
(until now, MV is our back up raid which allow us to open the raid to our less optimized. folks)
oldboyz

Postby Gab » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am

As far as brute force, minimal or no new mechanics, and at those gear levels I'd reccomend Gara'jal first with 3 heals (especially if you have an atonement priest) is probably your best bet. Although any of the first 3 or Elegon should be similar. I mean there's really no reason to skip the first 2 just to get to Gara'jal.

Overall the progression, in terms of difficulty, is pretty linear in MSV.

SGs are mostly brute force with paying additional attention to traps/chains and lighting up tiles.

Feng only has one new phase, which is pretty straight forward. Group up, use slows/snares/stuns and AOE adds.

Gara'jal requires a little more totem attention because of the new debuff preventing re-entry to the other realm but this fight really is extremely easy with a little bit of gear.

SKs is arguably the most complex and unforgiving encounter in MSV. If you're looking for brute force probably best to stay away from this one.

Elegon's only new mechanic actually makes this fight easier imo, as long as you have good soakers (Spriest, Mage, Lock, Hunter etc...).

Will requires a bit of fine tuning, getting a feel for what to dps and when, and getting good spark soaking assignemts. So again probably not the best choice for brute force.

Outside of MSV I'd reccomend Blade Lord, only one new mechanic as long as people know how to stack up during unseen and stay out of tornados this is a really easy heroic. Wind Lord is also really easy, you can two tank/three heal and still probably beat the berserk. A disc priest to bubble blade master strikes and mass dispel quickening certainly makes this fight much easier although it shouldn't be too bad with any comp really.
Gab

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)