[10H] Spoils of Pandaria (Guide)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Spoils of Pandaria (Guide)

Postby Incalcando » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 am

There is not much to share in terms of "tanking-tips" other than the activation order that I used. Still, this is something that took me a few pulls to set up and optimize so it might be helpful for some. This guide assumes you start on the Mogu side, but really you can just follow the exact same thing if you are starting on the Mantid one.

Here is our kill video to see the opening order in action (not a prot PoV though I forgot to record):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTQIFA6 ... 1k7aQUhbdQ

Mogu room

1x Pandaren + 3x small ones
1x massive one
1x medium + 2x small ones
2x small ones
1x medium + 2x small ones
2x medium + 1x small
1x massive (+1x Pandaren when the massive is at 10% if you are comfortably ahead of the timer)
Remember that you cannot open any more crates if the energy is at full, so make sure you activate that extra pandaren before the last massive one is dead.

This really is the harder part of the encounter, at least for my team it was. A couple of things to remember: When you open the 1x medium + 2x small ones, if that medium is not a modified anima golem, you can open a couple of more small ones to save from your next pull. If you get an anima golem, make sure you kill it as fast as possible, cause it will most likely heal once or twice and you really don't want that. Additionally, if you opened 2 small ones and they are both urns, make sure the urns are dead before you open something else.

Mantid room

1x Pandaren + 2x small ones
1x Massive
2x medium
2x medium
2x medium
3x small
1x massive

No real additional tips here, the mobs do cast an enrage which affects all nearby targets so do save a cooldown for it if you have more than 5-6 mobs on you. Literally nothing complicated about this one

Talent/Glyph recommendations:

Eternal Flame (if you have 4 set), else go for Sacred Shield, you will need all the DPS you can and it kinda sucks if you have to use your holy power on EF instead.
Light's Hammer should be amazing here, since there is a lot of AoE that won't be moving around too much. Also, during both Mogu and Mantid massive ones your group will be stacked together taking heavy raid damage, so it'll help the healers a lot too.
As for glyphs, simply go for DPS ones + DP 20% physical one
Incalcando

Re: [10H] Spoils of Pandaria (Guide)

Postby Hónk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 am

Hi, thanks for your order, I am using this at the moment. Could you tell me why it is that you leave the Pandaren box until last in the first room and only open one in the 2 room. I assume it is because the dmg you have to put out on those boxes is high for the 1 energy, but do the buffs we get from them not out weigh that?

Hónk
Hónk

Re: [10H] Spoils of Pandaria (Guide)

Postby Incalcando » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:39 am

Hónk wrote:Hi, thanks for your order, I am using this at the moment. Could you tell me why it is that you leave the Pandaren box until last in the first room and only open one in the 2 room. I assume it is because the dmg you have to put out on those boxes is high for the 1 energy, but do the buffs we get from them not out weigh that?

Hónk

When we were progressing this, it happened that we opened 2 pandaren crates and they were the same buff, which then is just a waste of DPS. If they fixed it now and they can never be the same one twice, then yes it would be worth it.
Incalcando

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)