Remove Advertisements

[10N] Garalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Garalon

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Phonic wrote:Hey guys,

I'm getting completely TRUCKED by the boss. My Blood DK cotank is barely tanking 40% of the damage I'm taking from the Furious Swipes... Am i doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cw3f2fg74frpl4yi/

You need to have Shield of the Righteous up for as many Furious Swipes as possible. Even while kiting, you still need to be within range to hit him with it (which isn't nearly as difficult as some of the people in this thread would have you believe). This will cut every hit you take from 130-150k to around 70-80k. That's why you would've been getting trucked.
Belloc

Postby Nova » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it out. I want my raid to at least make the ranged / healers kite Garalon before we switch tanks in, to better learn the timing of the fight.

Another question; do you think that switching to Retribution spec will allow me to endure the Furious Swipes?
Nova

Postby Gab » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Nova wrote: Another question; do you think that switching to Retribution spec will allow me to endure the Furious Swipes?

Yes, I have been doing it as ret since our first kill. As long as you are not getting fury stacks, which is extremely easy to do, then any plate spec is fully capable of tanking swipes.

It will put more strain on your healers obviously but will certainly help end the fight much quicker especially since you will be able to dps the "outside" front leg.
Gab

Postby Phonic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks for all the replies! I'll make sure to have SOTR up each time.
Phonic

Postby Loliinacan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 am

My guild has been having a lot of trouble with this fight. We tried it last week, and had a ton of wipes. Our best was hitting enrage at 16%. This week we did no better.

One of the biggest things I think is my dps. I've seen pally tanks doing 40k+ on this fight, whereas I am doing a piddly 20k. We are using a tank, heals, tank, heals kiting rotation. So my uptime on the boss is fairly low since for 1/4 of the fight I can't do much besides judgement.

I tried going ret for a couple pulls tonight, but I was getting trucked. Even while wearing mostly tank gear. I'm just not sure what we can do to get this guy down. I've read this thread and everyone says something different. Some don't use tanks to kite, some do. Some go ret, some don't.

Here are the logs from tonight:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jfu40npfsdvlvr8e/
Loliinacan

Postby daishan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 am

I'm only on my phone so can't have a very good look at your logs.
A few things I'd suggest from a quick look, if you can have your hunter kite instead of one of your tanks Hunters are fairly mobile so whatever dps he losses should be more than made up for by having one tank on 100%
We 3 heal like your trying, though our healers do more dps than yours are about 10-15k each over the whole fight, we don't have a tree atm don't they have that op be a boomie for 40 sec spell? Have him blow that on the pull?
Only other suggestions I have are to leave the legs to your warrior as much as is practical so he can cleave more, monk as well maybe un sure if dps monks have cleave.
Besides that it looks like you'll need to either 2 heal or gear up a little to beat the enrage.
Gl hope you can get it soon.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Loliinacan wrote:One of the biggest things I think is my dps. I've seen pally tanks doing 40k+ on this fight, whereas I am doing a piddly 20k. We are using a tank, heals, tank, heals kiting rotation. So my uptime on the boss is fairly low since for 1/4 of the fight I can't do much besides judgement.

I can think of no reason why you shouldn't be able to maintain nearly 100% uptime on this boss even while kiting. I'm getting the impression that a lot of tanks don't realize that you can be as close to the boss as you want as long as you don't touch the purple circle. Your co-tank, of course, should be attacking a front arm at this point or should be positioned so that pheramones doesn't jump, but neither of those should be an issue.

I'm generally the first kiter for my group and that's pretty much exactly what I do: I run right up to the circle on the pull and just slowly backpedal until I have 20 stacks. I'm able to keep up my rotation for the entirety of my kite phase.
Belloc

Postby Loliinacan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeah, the last few tries of the night, we changed it up so that if there was only one leg up, cleave classes (our warrior) would be the only one on them. Our monk was saying that he didn't really have any sort of cleave damage.

I don't think our tree is using that talent. She's using Nature's Vigil(?) for an additional raid cooldown to deal with pheromone swaps. I'm not sure if losing that would make too big a difference. If it means getting a kill though, I'll suggest it.
Loliinacan

Postby Schroom » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 am

Hi guys,

we are having enormous Enrage trouble on this Boss. Enrage happens at ~20%

we are having setup trouble at the moment and had to get one random shadow priest and a random bear tank. :(

our setup was:
Protpally (me)
Bear

Rogue
FrostDK
Ret (later switched to healer)
Hunter
Elemental Shaman
Shadow priest

Holy Priest
Holy Priest

(yeah by the way we are recruiting casters and healers :P)

for the rotation we tried different things, turned out that letting the tanks kite was a DPS loss as we had to leave one or 2 legs up to prevent the Boss of becoming Too slow (and thus making it impossible for the kiting tank to stay in melee range) so we decided to let the tanks start and then taking healers instead after the first round.

so the kiting rotation which worked best so far:

Pally tank -> bear tank -> Elemental (getting BOPed for the takeover) -> Hunter -> Holypally -> Holypriest -> Elemental -> hunter -> pally -> priest....

here you got some logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o5law3dpb0bj0uxo/

and even the livestream video (also check out the Tay'ak kill if you wanna see an epic "in enrage" kill ^^ )
http://de.twitch.tv/therealschroom/b/341649771
Schroom

Postby Loliinacan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 am

Still had huge trouble this week. If you guys can help with anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x6lrohf5qki8n61q/

One of our main problems is that we change our strat every other attempt. Different people kting, different amount of healers, etc.
Loliinacan

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am

Loliinacan wrote:Still had huge trouble this week. If you guys can help with anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x6lrohf5qki8n61q/

One of our main problems is that we change our strat every other attempt. Different people kting, different amount of healers, etc.

fix that one 1st.

both getting the healing and the kiting right takes a bit of practice. Give people time to get used to their task. after a number of tries of kiting and pheromone transfers, things got more fluent and mine (and overall) dps went up, boss got fury less often, income damage got less etc. etc.
Everytime we did feel the need to change our strategy, we would backpeddle at first. Things need time to sink in. (but we are a group of old folks as we call ourselves, so that may have something to do with it :P)
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Schroom » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:45 am

ok I calculated you need about 507k Raid DPS to kill it the second it goes enrage?

we had 408558.2 Raid DPS. so an sugestion how we can do more efficent DPS. everyone goes on legs even the ranges? or should they still keep on DPSing the torso and rogue and Frost DK cleve the legs? how can we get the maximum DPS out of this fight.
Schroom

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 am

Schroom wrote:ok I calculated you need about 507k Raid DPS to kill it the second it goes enrage?

we had 408558.2 Raid DPS. so an sugestion how we can do more efficent DPS. everyone goes on legs even the ranges? or should they still keep on DPSing the torso and rogue and Frost DK cleve the legs? how can we get the maximum DPS out of this fight.

leave the legs for the melee, unless they have trouble killing them in time. Dps-ing a leg while not in it's blue circle is basically stealing the buff from melee and can result in a dps-loss instead of increase.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Schroom » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:43 am

but what about putting ranges in the circles? we noticed sometimes legs take forever to respawn and sometimes legs respawned instantaneous.

wouldn't be the max DPS be if most people get the closest to 100% uptime on the bonus dmg debuff?

because by doing 100% more damage on a leg is indirectly doing 100% more damage on the boss as I understand.

that said we only need to understand how the mechanic of the leg respawn works exactly. is it one spell with one ICD. are it 4 spells with each an independent ICD? or how does it work :) (spell IDs for creating my own timers would be AWESOME *-* )
Schroom

Postby Hespherus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 am

JoeBravo wrote:
Schroom wrote:ok I calculated you need about 507k Raid DPS to kill it the second it goes enrage?

leave the legs for the melee, unless they have trouble killing them in time. Dps-ing a leg while not in it's blue circle is basically stealing the buff from melee and can result in a dps-loss instead of increase.

If its just a frost DK, i would suggest focusing on killing legs asap, even if range needs to move there. With the hotfix to Garalon, where he would spawn legs faster, i think you need to focus on killing them. The only leg you should almost never go to is the outer front one, thats usually the one that tanks dps.

Also, when do you pop hero and who is diong the kiting and what sequence? Other than that, obviously, everyone should keep dots on both boss and legs, cleaves etc.
Hespherus

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)