Remove Advertisements

Inscription question

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Inscription question

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

So do anyone have any clue about how we learn the new glyphs? Northrend Research? Books of Glyph Mastery? A new pandaria research?

Gief info pls!

edit: Thinking of it, I could have asked in the other topic, but now I'm too lazy to delete this post!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Inscription question

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Worldie wrote:So do anyone have any clue about how we learn the new glyphs? Northrend Research? Books of Glyph Mastery? A new pandaria research?

Gief info pls!

edit: Thinking of it, I could have asked in the other topic, but now I'm too lazy to delete this post!

I'll check.. I think it's discovery and the trainer both.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Scroll of Wisdom is the new glyph research, which also creates an item used for the new crafted epics (staves requires 20 of them!) Using this, you can learn the glyphs previously only available through Books of Glyph Mastery. The cooldown resets on midnight server time.

There are also weekly quests requiring Spirit of Harmony (and other stuff; example: Portrait of a Lady) that you can do to get extra Scrolls of Wisdom.
Last edited by Newsom on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:48 am

Some of the old glyphs have simply been replaced with new ones.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am

I'm glad to hear that old Glyph Mastery Books glyphs will be available through the new researches: the prices of those books are insane (1k gold each wth) and I already know all the researchable glyphs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Pizbit » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 am

I thought all the book glyphs were already made available via researches?
I do seem to recall facepalming when I discovered this and went on to pick up additional glyphs via research I'd previously completed.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby daishan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:54 am

Blizz said they where making all glyphs available via research in patch 4.1? But they never did I'm missing several glyphs yet I can do both types of research for a solid week and get no discoverers -.-
They had better actually fix it this time.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Nope, currently these 54 glyphs can not be learned in any way other than by using a Book fo Glyph Mastery:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45912#teaches-spell

However, this changes in MoP. I'm not sure if they are changing the old Northrend Inscription Research to be able to discover all glyphs (then we can start researching this week already), or if you have to use the new Scroll of Wisdom. We'll find out on Tuesday/Wednesday.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Pizbit » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Huh, I remember wishing I had a glyph, finding it was from a book, then reading comments and getting told I could get it via research, which I did. Haven't come across a glyph I needed and didn't have yet, and I have many alts!
Ah well. I have near millions of inks to research it all up when it goes live. No really I farmed 2k herbs yesterday while watching TV shows :D
Pizbit

Postby Zalaria » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 am

daishan wrote:Blizz said they where making all glyphs available via research in patch 4.1? But they never did I'm missing several glyphs yet I can do both types of research for a solid week and get no discoverers -.-
They had better actually fix it this time.

This was a dev blog stating that they were considering making them available via research, but they never put it in the game. It's finally getting added in MoP.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:55 am

Pizbit wrote:Huh, I remember wishing I had a glyph, finding it was from a book, then reading comments and getting told I could get it via research, which I did. Haven't come across a glyph I needed and didn't have yet, and I have many alts!
Ah well. I have near millions of inks to research it all up when it goes live. No really I farmed 2k herbs yesterday while watching TV shows :D

Make sure you convert your inks prior to the trader change. You don't want millions of blackfallow ink...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:33 am

HEY! That is Goblin info Hala! What have you done!

But yeah...having a few stacks of Blackfallow inc would be smart. Will cost to downrank to get those ffrom the new MoP Ink.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Pizbit » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 pm

halabar wrote:
Pizbit wrote:Huh, I remember wishing I had a glyph, finding it was from a book, then reading comments and getting told I could get it via research, which I did. Haven't come across a glyph I needed and didn't have yet, and I have many alts!

Make sure you convert your inks prior to the trader change. You don't want millions of blackfallow ink...

Yeah I learnt from last time. Didn't cost me then but it was annoying.
Pizbit

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 am

Any word on if the new glyphs require pandaria research or can be obtained through northrend / minor research too?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 am

As far as I know there should be no new glyph introduced, all of the glyphs are a result of the old ones being changed in the new ones, there should actually be an overall 2 glyphs less, Shadowburn and Frost-something (Frostfire? Frostbolt?).

As such, I would assume that are still obtainable through the old researches, being that if you know the recipe of the old one will change in the recipe of the new one, it should keep the same way of being researched.

I would think that the new research has been added mainly to give you an alternative to Northrend's tomes and maybe speed up the process a bit with an additional research available.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta