Remove Advertisements

Valor, Honor, Conquest, and Justice, oh my!

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Valor, Honor, Conquest, and Justice, oh my!

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 pm

The currency conversion coming with Mists of Pandaria is going to happen in three stages, and this is how we plan for it to progress:

With Patch 5.0.4 on August 28

Valor points will be converted to Justice points, and Conquest points will be converted to Honor points.
Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) will have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
The current Arena season will end.
Players will no longer be able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses will drop Justice, Arenas will be closed).
Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest will be available for Justice/Honor.

With Mists of Pandaria on September 25

Valor can be earned again.
Characters can earn up to 1000 Valor per week, and carry a maximum of 3000 Valor.
Daily quests, random Scenarios, random Heroic dungeons, and all levels of raiding will reward Valor.
Valor will be used to purchase ilvl 489 gear in Mists of Pandaria.
The Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, and August Celestials factions will sell this gear.
Revered reputation with each faction will be required.

Conquest will become earnable.
There is a cap of 4000 Conquest points.
Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds reward Conquest.
It will be used to purchase ilvl 483 gear from Pandaren battlemasters on the Great Wall.

With Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.1

We currently plan to upgrade the Valor system as Ghostcrawler described in Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained in the 5.1 patch, allowing you to upgrade your gear using Valor points. We’ll have additional information once Mists of Pandaria launches and we get closer to the 5.1 patch release.

Do you have questions or comments about currencies in World of Warcraft? Please let us know in this discussion thread.

Looks like we will get that Valor upgrade system after all.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Re: Valor, Honor, Conquest, and Justice, oh my!

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:42 pm

I see no mention of justice gear at level 90 (and pardon me if everyone knows it's there, I just haven't been keeping up with all the changes), will it be available?

Cuz if it is, wouldn't it be in our best interest to amass a lot of justice points now in preparation for hitting 90?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I see no mention of justice gear at level 90 (and pardon me if everyone knows it's there, I just haven't been keeping up with all the changes), will it be available?

Cuz if it is, wouldn't it be in our best interest to amass a lot of justice points now in preparation for hitting 90?

I haven't seen any new JP gear. I think Valor is the new JP really. I'm guessing that we won't see a new round of valor gear in the next tier. The valor gear now is just to get us started.

halabar

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:13 pm

THey're probably using the system of "Valor = current tier", "Justice = old tier". In this case, all 5.0 gear is current tier, all Cataclysm stuff is old tier.
Darielle

Postby Gab » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:19 pm

JP will buy 450 ilvl gear that requires honored with different MoP factions. In MoP Justice gear now requires rep and is not the same ilvl as 5 man heroic gear, it's a tier lower. Still worth capping since the gear could help you queue for heroic dungeons earlier. You should be able to manage honored with at least a couple of factions while leveling.

http://www.wowdb.com/currencies/395-justice-points
Gab

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Gab wrote:JP will buy 450 ilvl gear that requires honored with different MoP factions. In MoP Justice gear now requires rep and is not the same ilvl as 5 man heroic gear, it's a tier lower. Still worth capping since the gear could help you queue for heroic dungeons earlier. You should be able to manage honored with at least a couple of factions while leveling.

http://www.wowdb.com/currencies/395-justice-points

Cool, then it is worth farming it up. (Too bad I already converted to conquest, lol, need to start converting back.)

halabar

Postby Zalaria » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:19 am

Something to help people as they gain the reps and points - there are unified Valor and Justice vendors at Niuzao Temple in the zone Townlong Steppes (in the area behind the temple). The items still require the same reps, but it's one vendor for each type so you don't have to go all over the world.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I guess we need to make sure we complete the level requirement and rep grind before they recap JP, or it goes to waste (paid out in gold, I imagine, but still not gear).
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Koatanga wrote:I guess we need to make sure we complete the level requirement and rep grind before they recap JP, or it goes to waste (paid out in gold, I imagine, but still not gear).

Yeah, if you will have excess justice or honor, buy heirlooms that you might use.

halabar

Postby Xequecal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Simply running dungeons might actually be a decent way to farm up gold before the expansion. It's 150 justice points and 83 gold to finish a dungeon, plus 70 JP for each killed boss. At 47 silver per JP, clearing Halls of Origination is worth ~340 gold plus whatever loot you get while clearing it.
Xequecal

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:20 pm

That's a good point. It's been profitable to spam 5-mans for some time, but now the gold reward is a lot bigger. Sadly it won't be any more interesting than the past year of it... Previously, we weren't allowed to gain JP/Honor anymore if we were over the cap. I wonder if they will actually allow it this time, as they seem to be saying.

JP gear at level 90 is going to be fairly worthless. Everyone will very rapidly have full 463s from the heroics, which won't be tuned to require full 450 gear. I expect a situation similar to WotLK, where people are mostly fine with Dragon Soul gear plus random upgrades. Even PvP honor gear is ilvl 464 and perfectly itemized for PvE in many cases. Farming as much Conquest as possible after you reach 90 will be a good upgrade path for the first few weeks at least.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby degre » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 am

PsiVen wrote:That's a good point. It's been profitable to spam 5-mans for some time, but now the gold reward is a lot bigger. Sadly it won't be any more interesting than the past year of it... Previously, we weren't allowed to gain JP/Honor anymore if we were over the cap. I wonder if they will actually allow it this time, as they seem to be saying.

JP gear at level 90 is going to be fairly worthless. Everyone will very rapidly have full 463s from the heroics, which won't be tuned to require full 450 gear. I expect a situation similar to WotLK, where people are mostly fine with Dragon Soul gear plus random upgrades. Even PvP honor gear is ilvl 464 and perfectly itemized for PvE in many cases. Farming as much Conquest as possible after you reach 90 will be a good upgrade path for the first few weeks at least.

They will change all our VP to JP at the next reset when they'll deploy the 5.0 patch, from then to the release of MoP JPs are uncapped, so farm as much as you want, then any you'll have above the 4k cap when MoP will go live on the 25th of September will be turned to gold at a rate of 47s per point.

As for the gear you'll probably want something more than random upgrades, heroics require 440 and you available at best 450 gear.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 am

Posted in the other thread, but it's relevant here...

The Valor Upgrade system will not be released with Mists of Pandaria and may not be added in the following patches. There are too many items that you would have to upgrade and the system would end up too complicated.

We might not get that system, which means we'll be back to valor gear, and not having a use for it after the first few weeks of a tier again... but everything rewards valor.. /facepalm

halabar

Postby Nooska » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 am

Also posted in the other thread;
On the valor upgrade there was a blue post a few days ago about it coming in 5.1, let me see if I can find it...
With Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.1
We currently plan to upgrade the Valor system as Ghostcrawler described in Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained in the 5.1 patch, allowing you to upgrade your gear using Valor points. We’ll have additional information once Mists of Pandaria launches and we get closer to the 5.1 patch release.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7029341
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta