Remove Advertisements

MoP Crafted gear....

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Crafted gear....

Postby Kitmajere » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Has anyone tried phase fingers on beta? What % dodge is that (obviously depends on how much dodge you have already and dr, but a rough estimate would be cool). What's the cd on it?
Kitmajere

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 pm

The cooldown is 1 minute. I seriously doubt it will go live with that amount of dodge.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Looks like a typo. 2052 dodge is a much more sensible figure (yes, that makes it pretty weak, but historically the tank glove tinker always has been).
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby superworm » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:00 am

PsiVen wrote:Looks like a typo. 2052 dodge is a much more sensible figure (yes, that makes it pretty weak, but historically the tank glove tinker always has been).

I agree. But maybe someone has tested this on beta and can tell us the truth. I guess 20520 dodge rating should be around 20% dodge right?
superworm

Postby degre » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 am

description:

my 88 character's dodge:

after the on use:
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 am

Thats... underwhelming.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

A reminder that the MoP leg enchants are going to be insanely expensive, unless they change the mats and remove the Spirit of Harmony requirement. I can see them being simply unavailable on many servers unless they change this (or increase the drop rate on the motes of Harmony).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Not so surprising considering the armor plate in Cata was 1%ish reduction.

This is just even more garbage.

Sadly seembs Engi is a completely dead profession for tanks. Good thing I changed to Ret i guess.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

The glove tinkers are all way out of whack, and data-mined values don't seem to correspond to in-game reality.

According to WoWDB:
Phase Fingers - 480 dodge for 10s/minute. 500 eng skill required.
Synapse Springs - 2940 prime stat for 10s/minute. 550 eng skill required.
Incendiary Fireworks Launcher - 238 fire dmg every 45s. No skill-level requirement.

Perhaps they scale with level?
rodos

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 am

With the glove enchant giving dodge and the primary stat being Strength, and with strength -> parry being very close to 1:1, and with dodge being hit by DR more severely than parry - wouldn't the obvious, but non-intuitive tank glove enchant be Synapse Springs?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby degre » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:59 am

rodos wrote:The glove tinkers are all way out of whack, and data-mined values don't seem to correspond to in-game reality.

According to WoWDB:
Phase Fingers - 480 dodge for 10s/minute. 500 eng skill required.
Synapse Springs - 2940 prime stat for 10s/minute. 550 eng skill required.
Incendiary Fireworks Launcher - 238 fire dmg every 45s. No skill-level requirement.

Perhaps they scale with level?

Not only data mined stuff doesn't correspond, but in-game tooltips for some stuff are off too, the wing tinker for example still says 30 seconds duration like the parachute, while I have verified that the buff last for 2 minutes, it's possible they're simply still tweaking, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yet.

Nooska wrote:With the glove enchant giving dodge and the primary stat being Strength, and with strength -> parry being very close to 1:1, and with dodge being hit by DR more severely than parry - wouldn't the obvious, but non-intuitive tank glove enchant be Synapse Springs?

Considering the actual numbers what you say sound sensible, still, as mentioned above, they're crunching number and I'll give them some time.
degre

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 am

Doesnt matter to be honest if it's dodge or parry. An avoidance use is still crap either ways for a tank.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 am

It wouldn't surprise me if they just changed the dodge to something else. It's highly redundant with an appropriate amount of STR for DPS classes. Fortunately the glove tinker has always been gravy. I would trade 2 gems for a sprint any day, so Engineering remains the best profession in my book. It doesn't exactly shine in an uninspired raid like Dragon Soul, but it was priceless throughout T11/T12.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby degre » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:27 am

I wholeheartedly* agree with you, still, I'm not dropping my engineering!

*be blessed the auto-correct function
degre

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 am

I'd never drop my jeeves should engineering be the shittiest profession for every class :P

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta