Remove Advertisements

MoP reputation guide

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby degre » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:19 am

halabar wrote:
Newsom wrote:Interesting. I guess it'll go quicker if you really want to learn every single recipe copared to the current model of 3 dailies per recipe, but at the same time you can't pick out which ones you get first. Has the potential to be a nice money maker if you're lucky the first week.

True, but it won't be quite that fast. The gems do require 417 ilvl, so until people start hitting that gear level en-mass, sales might be slow..

...and actually, it might be wise to watch for panic sellers of cut regular gems from level, especially the perfect ones, as there may not be much demand in the first 2 weeks, but there could be a lot of people leveling JC and wanting to dump cut gems.

Yesterday I've hit 87 and ran once Mogu'shan Palace, drops 430, so I guess shouldn't be too long before people get in that range.

On the other hand might be worth saying that I haven't seen any socketed gear in there, which means that probably you'll start seeing sockets from the lvl 90 gear.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Zalaria » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 pm

The level 90 quest gear is ilvl 437-450. That's from my almost finishing of all the quests, but doing no instances. Haven't seen anything socketed yet, though.

The socketed stuff looks to be mostly raid-sourced. A quick glance through a wowhead search with "armor, blue, added in mists, socketed, no resilience" gives 3 chests and a bunch of helms with sockets. Chests have single blue sockets (they're all dps plate), and the helms all have meta and a single socket. There's also two crafted guns with sockets.

On a side note, it looks like metas don't have to be activated any more. So at least there's that.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 pm

No meta activation? Jeebus.
Next expansion we wont have socket colours at all - just stick in whatever the heck you like :P

I miss the days of BC, where you could get gear with 3 sockets on it in dungeons as low as Ramps.
More sockets = more customization = healthier gem market.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby degre » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 am

considering the rate at which we change gear, I'm quite happy that I don't have to buy a truckload of gems every other day.
degre

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 am

It looks like they added some new rings in the last patch or so, and at some point snuck in rep requirements on some of the higher end enchants. I'll update the main post after the next beta build.

So it looks like you'll need rep for:

JC: mounts
Ench: high end patterns
BS: belt pattern
LW: Leg kit patterns
Tailoring: Leg kit patterns

Alch appears to be the only crafting profession that doesn't need rep right now, but it's pretty weak overall. If no cauldrons, you probably don't need it on a raiding toon.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:42 am

masterpoobaa wrote:No meta activation? Jeebus.
Next expansion we wont have socket colours at all - just stick in whatever the heck you like :P

So like now with Red gems for DPS with a meta that requires X red gems to activate?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Zobel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 am

halabar wrote:So it looks like you'll need rep for:

JC: mounts
Ench: high end patterns
BS: belt pattern
LW: Leg kit patterns
Tailoring: Leg kit patterns

Alch appears to be the only crafting profession that doesn't need rep right now [....]

Also engineering.
Zobel

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Updated the original post, major additions:

28-slot bag pattern at Exalted for August Celestials
Bracer enchants at revered for August Celestials
Weapon enchants at revered from Shadow-Pan
JP gear scattered among 4 of the reps at honored

halabar

Postby djlar » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 am

Nice, new engineering cogwheels with the trainer... pretty awesome.. still don't know what to put on the dragonlin 3rd slot on any class, in the meantime I'll go haste/crit/hit for dps and spirit/haste/crit for healer
djlar

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 am

djlar wrote:Nice, new engineering cogwheels with the trainer... pretty awesome.. still don't know what to put on the dragonlin 3rd slot on any class, in the meantime I'll go haste/crit/hit for dps and spirit/haste/crit for healer

Well, if you have the goggles, for dps you do the full set crit/haste/mastery/hit/expertise.

I haven't seen tests of the dps from the dragonling that comes to help you. But the goggles are BiS until you get LFR gear, and even then it's close. It's nice that you can actually get and make the goggles at 87 this time.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:01 am

that is nice!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby degre » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:02 am

halabar wrote:
djlar wrote:Nice, new engineering cogwheels with the trainer... pretty awesome.. still don't know what to put on the dragonlin 3rd slot on any class, in the meantime I'll go haste/crit/hit for dps and spirit/haste/crit for healer

Well, if you have the goggles, for dps you do the full set crit/haste/mastery/hit/expertise.

I haven't seen tests of the dps from the dragonling that comes to help you. But the goggles are BiS until you get LFR gear, and even then it's close. It's nice that you can actually get and make the goggles at 87 this time.

On an alt maybe you'll wear it at 87, as I doubt you'll be able to make the goggles on your main without some serious cash splashing.
degre

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:46 am

degre wrote:
halabar wrote:

On an alt maybe you'll wear it at 87, as I doubt you'll be able to make the goggles on your main without some serious cash splashing.

You don't know me too well... :-)

If the mats are what they are currently on beta, all I need to do is get someone to transmute a living steel. Even if I have to buy it, not a problem. :wink:

halabar

Postby degre » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 am

As I said, you need some serious cash splashing, which is not that common and won't do for most players. You need 6 living steel bars, which are made from 36 trillium bars, which in turn require 144 trillium ores, 72 of each kind.

You can afford it? Good for you, the vast majority won't, as at 87 you are just entering areas where you can mine trillium and I'll you've seen until then is a sea of ghost iron.
degre

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 am

degre wrote:As I said, you need some serious cash splashing, which is not that common and won't do for most players. You need 6 living steel bars, which are made from 36 trillium bars, which in turn require 144 trillium ores, 72 of each kind.

You can afford it? Good for you, the vast majority won't, as at 87 you are just entering areas where you can mine trillium and I'll you've seen until then is a sea of ghost iron.

There's also a ghost-iron to Trillum transmute (which I don't think is restricted by a daily cooldown). The real question is, how fast is that early leveling going to turn out. If it goes speedy, then I might wind up being 88 before I get them.

Of course, the first week I'll likely be selling all my ore... assuming the prices don't crash.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta