a note to all the future Saltys....

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:57 pm

try to win the fishing tourney now, shared zones are gonna make that a lot harder to do...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby rodos » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Good point. I already have Salty, but I wouldn't mind getting the trinket, and the Northrend rewards (You can never have enough teleports. I'm now carrying 10 teleport devices in addition to my hearthstone).

Also worth considering, though, is that Accomplished Angler is a meta achievement, and thus should be earnable across several toons. In other words, if you've won the comp once on any toon there's no achievement-based reason to win it again (only do it for the rewards).
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 am

rodos wrote:Good point. I already have Salty, but I wouldn't mind getting the trinket, and the Northrend rewards (You can never have enough teleports. I'm now carrying 10 teleport devices in addition to my hearthstone).

Also worth considering, though, is that Accomplished Angler is a meta achievement, and thus should be earnable across several toons. In other words, if you've won the comp once on any toon there's no achievement-based reason to win it again (only do it for the rewards).


True, but...

you fish on more that one toon?... /boggle

Saw a great suggestion on one of the forums the other day... make the secondary professions (first aid, fishing, arch, cooking) shared across toons.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 am

if they did that and made the vial of sands recipe BoA, i would love it
if it is already, then my information is incorrect and i apologize
but i would still love leveling fishing, cooking and first aid on just one toon
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 am

halabar wrote:try to win the fishing tourney now, shared zones are gonna make that a lot harder to do...


It is quite possible that the tournament in STV moves enough people in the zone to prevent auto-merging.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:try to win the fishing tourney now, shared zones are gonna make that a lot harder to do...


It is quite possible that the tournament in STV moves enough people in the zone to prevent auto-merging.


What might get really weird is the Northrend tourney, where some zones might be merged, and others not, so you could possibly be fishing against someone who's actually competing in a different Tourney.. or as you suggest, fishing in different zones but are combined into one tourney, or.. wait.. I have a Theckache now...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they disabled cross-server for all affected zones during the fishing tourneys. It seems like TLPD/PSD will be extremely hard to get if 50% of the people in those zones are all the people camping across every server. If they increased the spawn rate it would just encourage more people to try and get them.

I wonder just how flexible the cross-realm flagging is, because if they dynamically prevented it during rarespawns and tourneys it might have no effect at all or result in weirdness like everyone stacking together for rarespawns and then phasing into their own realm when it actually spawns... Deepholm and Storm Peaks might simply have it disabled permanently.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm

The TLPD/PSD timers are based on when it was last killed (iirc), so if you happen to zone into a server that killed it earlier than yours would you still be able to see it? And if you managed to get the kill... does it then reset the timer for your server/their server/both?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Skye1013 wrote:The TLPD/PSD timers are based on when it was last killed (iirc), so if you happen to zone into a server that killed it earlier than yours would you still be able to see it? And if you managed to get the kill... does it then reset the timer for your server/their server/both?

I'm sure the dev team have carefully considered all of these factors, and come up with a simple and elegant solution to ensure continued fairness for rare-spawn hunters. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:21 am

I did post a question about this on the forums, we'll see if blue bothers to respond... :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: a note to all the future Saltys....

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

As far as Northrend, its turn in, I assume the drop rate of the item is completely independent, so fishing in a phased zone just means more competition for pools, which is pretty bad in and of itself. My biggest concern is that even Dalaran DOES (now its live) Phase. What if someone from -Malygos or -Alextrasza (I saw a -Alextrasza in my [Medivh] Dalaran) turns in the conetst as I'm running upto the quest giver - am I screwed or not?

If i'm at home on Saturday for the Kalu'ak Derby I will endeavor to experience the Phased contest, but I shudder.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 pm


Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest