Remove Advertisements

MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:43 pm

i almost think they should have the singe serving food give you an extra few points of stat, but no stam and the feasts give you some stam

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby degre » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 am

I simply think that they want to give you a choice without feeling compelled to go one way or the other.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:49 am

degre wrote:I dont know how it works for stamina though, as the way of the oven has 450 stamina buff; I guess the feast just say 275 as it's the normal stat and for tank will give instead 450 stamina as is supposed to do, but I'm not sure, would need to check.

The ways works in a very simple way, once you unlock the way you need the first food gives 250, the second you learn gives 275 in the stat of your choice, then you have the 2 feasts.

Then we just need the Cauldrons... If we don't get them, will be interesting to watch prices on flasks and herbs.

Side note: Some numbers are coming in on the Panderan food racial, and at least for BM hunters, it's the #2 racial, orc is still way in front, but pandas are #2.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 am

degre wrote:As for trillium yeah, I know there is, was just a random complain about rarity :P

But it's still a good point to note. It's rare enough that we'll likely need the alchemy transmute to get the supply of living steel. Of course, we still don't know where alchemists get that transmute recipe..

halabar

Postby superworm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:56 am

Does anyone have any idea what the "normal" bag would be in MoP? I haven't seen a normal windwool bag in datamined information. Does that mean most people will still use the embersilk bag? If so, I can see there will be a huge demand on this at the start of MoP, as everyone and their mother will roll a panda.
superworm

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 am

superworm wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the "normal" bag would be in MoP? I haven't seen a normal windwool bag in datamined information. Does that mean most people will still use the embersilk bag? If so, I can see there will be a huge demand on this at the start of MoP, as everyone and their mother will roll a panda.

Tailoring is still missing a lot...

halabar

Postby degre » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 am

halabar wrote:
degre wrote:As for trillium yeah, I know there is, was just a random complain about rarity :P

But it's still a good point to note. It's rare enough that we'll likely need the alchemy transmute to get the supply of living steel. Of course, we still don't know where alchemists get that transmute recipe..

I've done some more exploration yesterday and barely found a single Trillium node out of the whole Dread Wastes, while instead finding quite a few Kyparite nodes; I'm not sure if this was discussed already or not, but I strongly suspect that, while Kyparite is just scarce as being limited in spawn to a few set locations, as I've observed the same nodes respawn and found more Kyparite that way, Trillium seems to be a rare spawn of Ghost Ore like it was Titanium for Saronite in WotLK, the reason why so far has been this rare is probably because people are not farming Ghost Iron while picking up all the Trillium they see, and without removing the Ghost Iron you obviously don't have any more Trillium respawn, which means that once MoP goes live it shouldn't be as bad we've observed so far as there will be continuous farming.

To give you an idea of the current situation, so far I've mostly done exploration as I was curious about the places, I've roamed through all the areas to catch flight paths and then done some more roaming just to have a look around, unfortunately I don't fly, so it took me quite a while, we're talking maybe 6 hours spent roaming in two sessions, I wasn't exactly farming, but all I was able to produce is 3 bars of Trillium.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:23 am

degre wrote:Trillium seems to be a rare spawn of Ghost Ore like it was Titanium for Saronite in WotLK, the reason why so far has been this rare is probably because people are not farming Ghost Iron while picking up all the Trillium they see, and without removing the Ghost Iron you obviously don't have any more Trillium respawn, which means that once MoP goes live it shouldn't be as bad we've observed so far as there will be continuous farming.

I believe you are correct. It might indeed get better, but I suspect the transmute will still be strong early on, IF it's not another rep pattern..

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:14 am

Note on Inscription....

While the new Darkmoon cards are going to be very slow to make, I did some sim testing, and at least for hunters, the Darkmoon card is stronger that 2 of the 3 heroic trinket versions. So yeah, they will have some legs.

Plan accordingly... (I might drop alchemy on one of my alch alts just to make cards, since inscription is cheap to level right now).

halabar

Postby superworm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:56 am

halabar wrote:Note on Inscription....

While the new Darkmoon cards are going to be very slow to make, I did some sim testing, and at least for hunters, the Darkmoon card is stronger that 2 of the 3 heroic trinket versions. So yeah, they will have some legs.

Plan accordingly... (I might drop alchemy on one of my alch alts just to make cards, since inscription is cheap to level right now).

In the former build, the Darkmoon trinkets are just the weaker version of the pvp conquest trinkets, but it seems blizzard realized that so some changes should be expected. I checked wowhead database and it seems the primary status in the pvp trinkets (e.g. Malevolent Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest ) have been removed but nothing have been added yet, so let's see what will happen.
superworm

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 pm

superworm wrote:
halabar wrote:Note on Inscription....

In the former build, the Darkmoon trinkets are just the weaker version of the pvp conquest trinkets, but it seems blizzard realized that so some changes should be expected. I checked wowhead database and it seems the primary status in the pvp trinkets (e.g. Malevolent Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest ) have been removed but nothing have been added yet, so let's see what will happen.

Hopefully they leave the DMCs where they are now... Buffs to the Conquest ones are fine. :D

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:23 pm

More bad news for crafter alts...

The new Primal Diamond cut patterns are dropping in Jade Forest. They are BoP. /groan

halabar

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 pm

halabar wrote:More bad news for crafter alts...

The new Primal Diamond cut patterns are dropping in Jade Forest. They are BoP. /groan

ffs

guess im grinding mobs then

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm considering dropping Eng for JC on my main, due to these changes. Either that or will drop mining once the ore prices go down and I've leveled most of the way. Seems that JC needs to be on a main toon now to really make use of it. Between mounts and frequent flightpoints, a lot of the toys of engineering are getting old...

halabar

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:15 pm

well there are the new mounts and such that can be made from eng, so im not dropping it, but i wont have it on a main toon

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta