Remove Advertisements

MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm wondering if they're planning to tie it to another achievement, or just straight up update them. I'd hope it's the latter, since new guilds/less active guilds would struggle to catch up, unless they tie it in to something new instead of just continuing on with needing X more flasks made.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 am

Skye1013 wrote:I'm wondering if they're planning to tie it to another achievement, or just straight up update them. I'd hope it's the latter, since new guilds/less active guilds would struggle to catch up, unless they tie it in to something new instead of just continuing on with needing X more flasks made.

They could swtich the achievement from X Cataclysm flasks made to X Mists flasks made, preserving any current progress, and just update the recipes or add new ones to the guild vendor tied to the same achievement.
rodos

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 am

well they are removing have group, will travel so just because it is a convenience doesnt mean it will stay
plus the new cooking changes, no longer one feast to feed them all (iirc, it has been a while since i looked into that)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 am

bldavis wrote:well they are removing have group, will travel so just because it is a convenience doesnt mean it will stay
plus the new cooking changes, no longer one feast to feed them all (iirc, it has been a while since i looked into that)

Well 1 feast CAN feed them all, but you don't get the maximum from a feast unless its your feast type (Feast of the Wok for agility for instance) - and your own food can still be better.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 am

yeah thats what i meant, no more feasts that will provide everyone's stat boost of choice
but with the new cooking trainer, it will just take time and a lil gold to level cooking fully in Panda land

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby degre » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:22 am

Have you guys found any solid place to mine Trillium? I wanted to farm some early on to sell on AH, but doesn't look like I could find any...

Yesterday I've decided to move out the South the go explore the rest of the continent, mainly to scout for mining spots, I went through the whole Vale and found just more Ghost Iron, moved to Kun-Lai, which by the way seems to be a very entertaining area from the little questing I've done, and I've found one node exploring over half the map, at which point I moved into Townlong Steppes which I almost fully explored and found 2 more nodes, that's when I noticed that Trillium comes in two ores, Black and White Trillium, and you need to smelt 2 of each to obtain a single bar of Trillium.

Also found a couple of nodes of Kyparite, which so far appears to be used only for an Engineering mount, and I suppose prospecting, as it can't be smelted.

It's Ghost Iron everywhere, only Ghost Iron...
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 am

degre wrote:Have you guys found any solid place to mine Trillium? I wanted to farm some early on to sell on AH, but doesn't look like I could find any...

Also found a couple of nodes of Kyparite, which so far appears to be used only for an Engineering mount, and I suppose prospecting, as it can't be smelted.

It's Ghost Iron everywhere, only Ghost Iron...

Sofar I've found one trillium node of each color, one out west and one in the peaks. There's supposed to be a trillium transmute recipie, but there's no info on where it comes from. Might be discovery.. (I hope it's not another rep pattern...)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 am

bldavis wrote:yeah thats what i meant, no more feasts that will provide everyone's stat boost of choice
but with the new cooking trainer, it will just take time and a lil gold to level cooking fully in Panda land

Both Cauldrons and Feed-all-Feasts might be gone.. might need people to level their cooking again.

halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 am

superworm wrote:I have an alchemist alt so generally no problem. However, it bothers me that the new potion of luck in MoP requires 3 golden lotus, which is also necessary to make flasks and could potentially be very expensive at the start of the expension.

Golden Lotus are gonna be insanely expensive at the current drop rates. At least they aren't BoP.

halabar

Postby degre » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:30 am

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:yeah thats what i meant, no more feasts that will provide everyone's stat boost of choice

Both Cauldrons and Feed-all-Feasts might be gone.. might need people to level their cooking again.

Uh!? No? The last 2 recipes I've got from the trainer are 2 feasts, one for each size of raid.

From WOWHead
Pandaren Banquet
Great Pandaren Banquet

PS. There is no Trillium.
degre

Postby Zalaria » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 am

There is also the new Spirit of Harmony vendor, which seems to take the place of volatiles. You get Motes of Harmony while killing things (I got 150ish leveling from 86-90), which you can use 10 of to create a Spirit of Harmony.

I think some crafting recipes use them, but there's also a vendor who sells trade goods for Spirits. Things like 20 ghost iron ore, a bag of flowers, 3 golden lotus (I think it was 3).

They'll be hard to come by early in the expansion, but once you have your initial set of things crafted, Spirits will just be taking up space in your bags so you can trade them for something sellable.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 am

The spirit of harmony works as a way around the daily limit, like transmuting living steel or creating scroll of wisdom. However it's soul bound so non-crafters won't find it very useful. I guess that's why they added the vendor.
superworm

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 pm

superworm wrote:The spirit of harmony works as a way around the daily limit, like transmuting living steel or creating scroll of wisdom. However it's soul bound so non-crafters won't find it very useful. I guess that's why they added the vendor.

That vendor will only be useful for those with NO crafting professions. I wonder if they are trying to push people to have crafting professions, not sure I like that. I like that vendor for the unwashed masses.

halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:11 pm

degre wrote:
halabar wrote:

Uh!? No? The last 2 recipes I've got from the trainer are 2 feasts, one for each size of raid.

From WOWHead
Pandaren Banquet
Great Pandaren Banquet

Are the stats as good as the food buffs?..

Yes, there is ore, it is just very very rare...

halabar

Postby degre » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm

halabar wrote:
degre wrote:Uh!? No? The last 2 recipes I've got from the trainer are 2 feasts, one for each size of raid.

From WOWHead
Pandaren Banquet
Great Pandaren Banquet

Are the stats as good as the food buffs?..

Yes, there is ore, it is just very very rare...

Same stats as single food, eg: strenght food

I dont know how it works for stamina though, as the way of the oven has 450 stamina buff; I guess the feast just say 275 as it's the normal stat and for tank will give instead 450 stamina as is supposed to do, but I'm not sure, would need to check.

The ways works in a very simple way, once you unlock the way you need the first food gives 250, the second you learn gives 275 in the stat of your choice, then you have the 2 feasts.

As for trillium yeah, I know there is, was just a random complain about rarity :P
degre

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta