Remove Advertisements

MoP Digital Deluxe Edition & Release Date - Sept 25th

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Digital Deluxe Edition & Release Date - Sept 25th

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Fenrìr wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:When is the digital download available for download?

I don't think it's listed... but I think last expansion it was around the time they finished beta and closed that up. Maybe a month or so before expansion launch I want to say. It'll be downloadable before the actual release date for sure though, if that's what you're wondering.

yea, that's what I'm curious about. I play on ADSL and my download isn't the best. ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND, the military store here in Spain is kind of slow to get some new releases...so I don't want to chance being late to level up and hold the guild back from progression. Not to mention, Amazon may not be able to deliver on time. So I've been contemplating the digital download, but not sure how it works.

I would highly recommend it. We both used it last expansion and were REALLY happy with how smoothly it went. You just pay for the game through battle.net and then download the client when it becomes available - which will for sure be well in advance of the game's release date.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Archeth » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I'm buying the collectors just because of the artbook, behind the scenes dvd and the soundtrack, the pet/mount are bonuses

Yeah same. I don't even expect to play MoP long/much, but I always loved the artbook and soundtrack. Been buying EU collector's editions all the way back to release because getting US copies shipped here was a nightmare, so I couldn't use the pets until "recently" anyway.
Archeth

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Fenrìr wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:When is the digital download available for download?

I don't think it's listed... but I think last expansion it was around the time they finished beta and closed that up. Maybe a month or so before expansion launch I want to say. It'll be downloadable before the actual release date for sure though, if that's what you're wondering.

yea, that's what I'm curious about. I play on ADSL and my download isn't the best. ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND, the military store here in Spain is kind of slow to get some new releases...so I don't want to chance being late to level up and hold the guild back from progression. Not to mention, Amazon may not be able to deliver on time. So I've been contemplating the digital download, but not sure how it works.

If Amazon is two days late that will hurt progression?.. Just how fast do you plan on being in the new raids? :shock: :shock:

But yeah, the digital downloads should start prior to the launch.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:10 pm

If he's two days (or more) behind the rest of his guild, and they're already having to bench people... it doesn't bode well for holding a raid spot. If they're waiting on him because signups are normally tight... then yeah, I don't see how it would be a big issue (unless they're racing for world firsts...)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:45 pm

i actually bought 2 collectors editions of cata, and being MoP collectors are going down in price, there is little reason not to
i love the sound track and behind the scenes extras

like someone else said (im lazy and cutting time close to getting online for a raid) the pets and mounts are just a bonus

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm

I'd get the physical CE if I could have a guarantee to play the second servers go live. Only reason I never got the Cata one either. Think I'll stick with the digital version again. At least I can get the mount and pet this time.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Do they do the whole "I bought the regular digital version, upgraded to the CE physical version so now I have bonus 'free' game time to make up the difference" thing for this? Or was that a one time D3 thing because of how the annual pass worked?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:05 pm

We're only a 2 day a week raid guild, but being the main tank for the guild, I don't want to be 'that guy'.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 pm

I think I made up my mind: I'm going to be two copies no matter what (my wife and myself), so best bet is one standart digital and one physical CE.

The big idea is: get the download of the game up and running ASAP, copy the game files on our home server so we can copy it on both desktops, and then wait for the physical CE to come along while we sip pina colada in Turkey. Day one back in Belgium: fetch the CE, enter both codes, /laugh at the downloader, play.

*MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 am

September 25th feels a long way away.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby degre » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:08 am

Skye1013 wrote:Do they do the whole "I bought the regular digital version, upgraded to the CE physical version so now I have bonus 'free' game time to make up the difference" thing for this? Or was that a one time D3 thing because of how the annual pass worked?

I believe was a one time offer due to how the annual pass worked, but being that I would love the idea myself I've posted the question in the EU-forum, I'll let you know if I get any response from a blue.

If it's not possible is going to be more likely that instead of having it shipped, this time around I'll pop in London for the Launch Event to get my box, from here is about an hour and a half ride. Too bad I couldn't do it for Cata, but Weird Al was playing in town in his first European tour that night.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Paxen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 am

KysenMurrin wrote:September 25th feels a long way away.

Spend the time in The Secret World. It's awesomesauce.
Paxen

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 am

So it says that the digital download will be downloading while I play? How can I check that?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 am

Look for the usual background downloader icon in your system tray after starting the game. (After they release it, of course. It's not coming yet. No doubt there'll be talk on MMO-Champ and here when it starts appearing.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Look for the usual background downloader icon in your system tray after starting the game. (After they release it, of course. It's not coming yet. No doubt there'll be talk on MMO-Champ and here when it starts appearing.)

Weird, I wonder why they say it'll be 'downloading while I play' now, instead of, 'at a future time'.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta