Remove Advertisements

5.0.4 PTR

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 5.0.4 PTR

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 pm

It's what... crit/ap? I think it will largely depend on what you manage to get while leveling and how much they've closed the gap between primary/secondary stats. Though, for my rogue, it'll probably be ignored, simply because my rogue is a JC/Eng. Unless of course they're opting out of JC/Eng trinkets this xpac.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:21 pm

like someone said, if it is a week after launch, the world first guilds will all be 90 within a day or 2, and be raiding within 4
grinding heroics/LFR doesnt seem all that different from a holiday boss...

and i would love to get some early epix on toons
thats less i have to grind out for :)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:24 pm

If two of the raids are being delayed, that limits the need to push to 90 for anything really BUT the holiday boss.

The raid that is supposed to be accessible at launch is what... the equiv of VA/BH? Or is it a legit raid?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Skye1013 wrote:If two of the raids are being delayed, that limits the need to push to 90 for anything really BUT the holiday boss.

The raid that is supposed to be accessible at launch is what... the equiv of VA/BH? Or is it a legit raid?

supposed to be a real raid with i think 6 bosses (i vaguely remember the article/post)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Darielle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 pm

It's a full out raid - it's existed on Beta with a slight ilvl difference, and always been in the do-this-then-that type situation. It's just going to be enforced by gating if they decide to gate.
Darielle

Postby degre » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:00 am

All raids might be delayed.

The first is the Mogu'shan Vaults, which according to Blizzard they are considering opening later to allow people some time to level up.

They talk about a week, but if by any chance they made it two I would love it, would give me the chance to take it easy, enjoy the new content and get to raiding having tried a few heroics first. I remember in WotLK I dinged 80 15 minutes prior to raid time on the Wednesday reset and got summoned right away into Naxx.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/681335 ... -7_30_2012
One idea we’re considering is to delay opening Mogu’shan Vaults until a week or so after the expansion’s release, similar to how we’ve always handled the start of the PvP season, just to give players a little time to reach level 90 along with their friends and get acclimated to Pandaria’s new 5-player dungeons, daily quests, and scenarios.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Gab » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:09 am

bldavis wrote:grinding heroics/LFR doesnt seem all that different from a holiday boss...

This. I don't see the big deal with the seasonal boss trinkets. As it stands now the heroic dungeon trinkets are on par if not better and the LFR and DMC trinkets are far superior, profession trinkets may also be better. At best the Brewfest trinkets are going to be filler for folks with no gold and bad RNG.

EDIT:
degre wrote:They talk about a week, but if by any chance they made it two I would love it, would give me the chance to take it easy, enjoy the new content and get to raiding having tried a few heroics first.

I'm also glad they are talking about delaying the raids. Two weeks would be even better. I have a wedding that I have to go out of town for and won't be able to play until at least October 2nd. It would suck to be the one holding back our progression... If I was able to get started on the 25th I might be singing a different tune though.
Gab

Postby stevos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am

How are the heroics working on Beta, is the loot back to epics for end bosses like we had in TBC/Wotlk or still blues through out?

What ilvl are heroics, LFR and normal raids?

What ilvl is the brewfest trinkets?
stevos

Postby Gab » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:30 pm

stevos wrote:How are the heroics working on Beta, is the loot back to epics for end bosses like we had in TBC/Wotlk or still blues through out?

What ilvl are heroics, LFR and normal raids?

What ilvl is the brewfest trinkets?

Wowhead and Wowdb both broke at the same time?

Heroics ilvl 463 > Brewfest ilvl 470 > LFR ilvl 476/483 (end bosses or sperate raid?)

Most of the brewfest trinkets aren't really as good as the heroic dungeon trinkets but have slightly higher static stat allocations because of the higher ilvl. But the brew charm tank trinkets for example have, as usual, awful on uses where the heroic dungeon trinkets aren't bad iirc.

For most classes I imagine the heroic dungeon trinkets will be preferable to the brewfest trinkets. And it looks like no contest when it comes to the LFR and DMC trinkets.
Gab

Postby stevos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Considering dodge is better for us than mastery, it would seem the DMC one is a fair bit better than the heroic one.

Whether the DMC stam trinket will be better than the heroic one, will depend on how hard the bosses hit and whether stam is more useful than avoidance, probably depend on the fight magic/melee.

Should mean 2 easy trinkets anyway, should the 5mans refuse to drop loot for me, like they did in Cata.
stevos

Postby Gab » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:46 pm

stevos wrote:Should mean 2 easy trinkets anyway, should the 5mans refuse to drop loot for me, like they did in Cata.

Exactly, it looks like they'll be a nice placeholder option but not much more. Nothing to go too crazy over.
Gab

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Gab wrote:
stevos wrote:Should mean 2 easy trinkets anyway, should the 5mans refuse to drop loot for me, like they did in Cata.

Exactly, it looks like they'll be a nice placeholder option but not much more. Nothing to go too crazy over.

But I NEED 3 versions of the same trinket from different ilvls... /pout
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:21 pm

BUT THE WEAPONS MATCH MY TMOG SET!

(honestly, i wouldnt mind getting a couple tankards for my enh shaman, and maybe a pair for my rogue if they do make combat slow/slow like i have read)

the trinkets...they can be useful til i get the LFR loot gods paid off

bldavis

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 pm

I got an item level 450 trinket on beta this afternoon with 1126 stamina and a 15 second duration 3000 dodge rating proc from one of the 87-90 range 5mans. So you can compare that to the brewfest stuff.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby stevos » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 am

Unless they have changed to loot table recently, I have run that dungeon about 20 times on the beta and never seen it drop. Not exactly optimistic of getting it on live.
stevos

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta