5.0.4 PTR

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 5.0.4 PTR

Postby stevos » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:51 am

Worldie wrote:30% debuff really made tank damage negligible anyway. Our healers don't even bother getting the debuff on them anymore.

True, its been a while since i have bothered with kiting the blobs.
stevos

Postby daishan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 am

I'd agree for those of us that have been clearing it for months it's not a big deal, but depending how much of a buff raid dps and healing gets with the MoP talent system it might actually make it harder for some guilds that are still progressing on it.
It just seems strange that they didn't do the same thing with spine that they're doing with Sinestra.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 am

daishan wrote:I'd agree for those of us that have been clearing it for months it's not a big deal, but depending how much of a buff raid dps and healing gets with the MoP talent system it might actually make it harder for some guilds that are still progressing on it.
It just seems strange that they didn't do the same thing with spine that they're doing with Sinestra.

I really would like to know what is so special about H T11 that they never want to touch them.

It was like "Hokay we're gonna nerf the fuck out of Firelands BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.... we're leaving H T11 alone." "We're gonna change how dispels work on spine BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT.. we're going to leave Sinestra as is and change dispel's mechanic so you can't just faceroll Wracks"

I don't get it. Is there like a giant sign on the front door of the dev labs that says "If you touch T11 heroic you will be shot on sight"?
Teranoid

Postby Darielle » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 am

I'm not so sure if that will make spine a 2 heal fight.
Because it'll make it next to impossible to get 2 stacks on the tanks meaning they'll be taking a load more damage.
Ofc dps may be op meaning it'll all be single lifts and tank damage won't get that high.

The debuff switches sides. If the raid stacks on left, and the tank is on right, you basically guarantee getting it on the tank immediately, with one dispel. Should be able to get both tanks with 2 stacks before the Bloods even start dying.

I don't get it. Is there like a giant sign on the front door of the dev labs that says "If you touch T11 heroic you will be shot on sight"?

Well, Wrack IS the major healing mechanic on Sinestra. It's an important aspect of Spine, but the major mechanic is really the Searing Plasma.
The only way to do something with Wrack that doesn't involve resetting the cooldown would be to basically stop it spreading to the entire raid.
Darielle

Postby stevos » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:42 am

Not sure i would agree with it not being a major healing mechnic of Spine.

Yeah for sure Searing Plasma is a pretty major mechnic, but from a healing perspective, its the key difference from normal mode. Plus if you get it wrong, you wipe the raid instantly.

I suspect their thought pattern is Sinestra is a heroic only boss, and so designed to be a lot harder and raiders liked the encounter. Spine on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment, the only real difficulty was having enough burst dmg to break the plates, which came down to having the right setup.
stevos

Postby theckhd » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 am

Teranoid wrote:I don't get it. Is there like a giant sign on the front door of the dev labs that says "If you touch T11 heroic you will be shot on sight"?

They probably figure it isn't needed, since you can outgear the place so significantly now. Having 397 gear instead of the 359/372 that the content was designed for is already a pretty big advantage.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Yelena » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 am

Worldie wrote:30% debuff really made tank damage negligible anyway. Our healers don't even bother getting the debuff on them anymore.

Several of us are already clearing Heroic DS in gimmick DPS sets. With tank damage being so negligible, we start looking for other means to amuse ourselves.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby stevos » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:41 am

Yelena wrote:

Several of us are already clearing Heroic DS in gimmick DPS sets. With tank damage being so negligible, we start looking for other means to amuse ourselves.

Are you managing much in the way of noticable dps boost from it?
stevos

Postby daishan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:57 am

Theck has done the maths somewhere for going hit/exp capped think it was about 5 kdps boost.
If you mean using dps trinkets ect I'm not sure on exact numbers but to give you an idea my tank set is BiS excluding the belt (hit/exp capped) , I normally do about 26k ish on ultra the last 2 weeks i've just used my ret set with souldrinker and the shield and done 31.5k ish (no tricks or hero)
So ye can make a big difference will probably try silly amounts of ret gear on the rest over the next few weeks.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:58 am

I copied my live character onto the Beta and it seems i am about 5k health down and 250 armor, not including loss of armor from devo.

Is this the same with all tanks?

Combine that with huge drop in Block chance.

I can see us being a bit spikey in raids.
stevos

Postby Gab » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 pm

stevos wrote:I copied my live character onto the Beta and it seems i am about 5k health down and 250 armor, not including loss of armor from devo.

Is this the same with all tanks?

Combine that with huge drop in Block chance.

I can see us being a bit spikey in raids.

With Shield of the Righteous damage reduction and parry being ~ 10% higher (buffed) I doubt we'll be much more "spikey".
Gab

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:30 am

Brewfest will be brought forward one week, and won't overlap with MoP.

Phew for non-rush leveling.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 am

I have heard voices (somewhere, don't remind) that say that Coren won't be available in this brewfest. Anyone seen that too?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:26 am

The basic problem was: Brewfest was on during the release, so Blizzard had planned to release the lvl 90 version of the event even before Mists was out.

Problem was, you'd need lvl 89 to do Coren in such a model, and thus wouldn't be able to access him until Mists was out and you got to 89.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:40 am

Sagara wrote:The basic problem was: Brewfest was on during the release, so Blizzard had planned to release the lvl 90 version of the event even before Mists was out.

Problem was, you'd need lvl 89 to do Coren in such a model, and thus wouldn't be able to access him until Mists was out and you got to 89.

So yes, he should be available if you hit 89, unless the tears of the lazy slobs who can't get to 89 in 3 months force Blizz to pull him entirely. But the warlock rage is probably loud enough that they won't see those tears.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta