Remove Advertisements

MoP Professions

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Professions

Postby superworm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 am

Kitmajere wrote:So, imo, go BS/LWing >,<.

Yeah that's what I did in Cata on my main, and I'm still planning to do it on my new monk. Actually I have already started hoarding materials for leveling.
superworm

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:30 am

Kitmajere wrote:
Yelena wrote:Probably be best off waiting until professions are more finalized before jumping the gun, it's quite obvious they aren't finished yet.

My only concern is LWing atm, since there's precedent for neglecting balancing it in the past. I'm pretty sure the other professions will be equalized.

Considering what a PITA LW is, I'm ok with it being a bit stronger.. does mean it also favors bears a bit, but whatever.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Xequecal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I find it highly likely that enchanting, BS, and JC will be fixed to all provide 480 stamina.

The LW Fur Linings don't really need to be fixed. It's not overpowered. Remember, it does cost the LWer 170 dodge rating to get that stamina bonus, since he can't enchant dodge to his bracers. So every other profession gets 480 stamina and 170 dodge, while LW gets 750 stamina. That's not imbalanced. It's the same ilvl bonus. Is Alchemy imbalanced because they can get bonus armor from their profession bonus?

The real oversights are:

1. The lack of a Mastery enchant for bracers like there was in Cataclysm, tanks aren't too thrilled about dodge, but they love mastery.
2. The fact that LWers can access the epic leg enchants without expending a Spirit of Harmony. That means no needing to pay 5,000g every time you get a leggings upgrade.
Xequecal

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Xequecal wrote:I find it highly likely that enchanting, BS, and JC will be fixed to all provide 480 stamina.

BS/JC already do, just enchanting needs to be fixed to reflect the new stamina stat weight (so from 320->480), and inscription needs a slight buff from its current 450 stamina bonus to 480. The bigger discrepancy comes in at the secondary stat level where JC gives 320 of, let's say, mastery, while BS gives 640.

Xequecal wrote: The LW Fur Linings don't really need to be fixed. It's not overpowered. Remember, it does cost the LWer 170 dodge rating to get that stamina bonus, since he can't enchant dodge to his bracers. So every other profession gets 480 stamina and 170 dodge, while LW gets 750 stamina. That's not imbalanced. It's the same ilvl bonus. Is Alchemy imbalanced because they can get bonus armor from their profession bonus?

270 stam != 170 dodge

Xequecal wrote: The real oversights are:
1. The lack of a Mastery enchant for bracers like there was in Cataclysm, tanks aren't too thrilled about dodge, but they love mastery.

Uhhh, what mastery bracer enchant??
Kitmajere

Postby theckhd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Kitmajere wrote:
Xequecal wrote: The LW Fur Linings don't really need to be fixed. It's not overpowered. Remember, it does cost the LWer 170 dodge rating to get that stamina bonus, since he can't enchant dodge to his bracers. So every other profession gets 480 stamina and 170 dodge, while LW gets 750 stamina. That's not imbalanced. It's the same ilvl bonus. Is Alchemy imbalanced because they can get bonus armor from their profession bonus?

270 stam != 170 dodge

Not to mention that traditionally, tanks would much rather have stamina than dodge rating. Even if it were balanced based on itemization, (i.e. 100 dodge and 150 stamina), the stamina would still be a better perk.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Radience » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 am

Enchanting does provide 480 stamina. 160 or whatever tooltip states for stamina ring enchant is just a tooltip error.
Radience

Postby djlar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm

So that's it for Enchanting? whatever you learned on the trainer is what you get?

The weapon enchants seem weak IMO, like one enchant-for-all, mastery+haste+crit size fits-all

Huge for dual wielders since you can have all 3 things up at the same time, maybe dot casters will have them too.

What are Sha crystals for? none of the enchants needs them.... (if rep vendors sell some, where?)

LW also a nitpick: at 575 it's over until you can get reputation recipes waaaay later on and it's yellow skill ups from 575 to 600?
djlar

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:52 pm

djlar wrote:So that's it for Enchanting? whatever you learned on the trainer is what you get?

The weapon enchants seem weak IMO, like one enchant-for-all, mastery+haste+crit size fits-all

Huge for dual wielders since you can have all 3 things up at the same time, maybe dot casters will have them too.

What are Sha crystals for? none of the enchants needs them.... (if rep vendors sell some, where?)

LW also a nitpick: at 575 it's over until you can get reputation recipes waaaay later on and it's yellow skill ups from 575 to 600?

There are weapon enchants on one rep vendor, and bracer enchants on another. (Shadow-Pan and August Celestials).

halabar

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Rocket boots means I will never drop engineering for as long as I stay a tank. Despite the chance of failure the gamble can really pay off and on Heroic Ragnaros that alone justified engineering for tanks. You feel like a superhero... when they work. :p
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:56 pm

djlar wrote:So that's it for Enchanting? whatever you learned on the trainer is what you get?

And it's those high end patterns that will use the Sha crystals.

halabar

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Lieris wrote:Rocket boots means I will never drop engineering for as long as I stay a tank. Despite the chance of failure the gamble can really pay off and on Heroic Ragnaros that alone justified engineering for tanks. You feel like a superhero... when they work. :p

And when they fail and shoot you into the air you can parachute back down on the boss screaming "DEATH FROM ABOVE!". Fuel leak? Free Vengeance stacks! Winning every way you look at it.
rodos

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 am

Lieris wrote:Rocket boots means I will never drop engineering for as long as I stay a tank. Despite the chance of failure the gamble can really pay off and on Heroic Ragnaros that alone justified engineering for tanks. You feel like a superhero... when they work. :p

Even now Paladins have a short-cooldown sprint available when the fight needs it?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby djlar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 am

Well it's Rocket belt since Cata hit.. nice to be remembered that way.. LOL

At least in MoP the mats to make every tinker are only ghost iron bar based, no more grinding for old WotlK mats for rocket and parachute tinkers.

I've still to see a "modern" repair bot, we are stuck with Jeeves, new engineers will still have to grind wotlk mechs and mats
djlar

Postby Zalaria » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 am

djlar wrote:Well it's Rocket belt since Cata hit.. nice to be remembered that way.. LOL

At least in MoP the mats to make every tinker are only ghost iron bar based, no more grinding for old WotlK mats for rocket and parachute tinkers.

I've still to see a "modern" repair bot, we are stuck with Jeeves, new engineers will still have to grind wotlk mechs and mats

At least that's a one-time-ever thing. Grind it out and be done with it, unlike tinkers that you have to redo every time you get an upgrade.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 am

djlar wrote:Well it's Rocket belt since Cata hit.. nice to be remembered that way.. LOL

blingbot wasnt enough for you?
though i agree, i wouldnt mind a new cheap repair bot, but since i have my jeeves on my rogue, and the schematic on my mage to make his, i dont mind being stuck with it :)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta