Remove Advertisements

Tanking seal in beta/MoP?

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Tanking seal in beta/MoP?

Postby Kelsiar » Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Hello all. First time poster here but i've been lurking here and there. Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that as Prot in the beta we no longer have a talent that allows our judgments to return mana. So does this mean we will be using the seal of insight as the referred tanking seal once MoP hits in order to keep up our meager mana pool? Thanks for your input!

(I'm mostly concerned with 5-mans, don't do any raiding)
Kelsiar

Re: Tanking seal in beta/MoP?

Postby xstratax » Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 pm

They seem to have our regen tuned to the point where a Mana return from Seals/Judgment procs is no longer needed. Also they have, thankfully, reduced Consecrate to a usable level of Mana. As for Tanking Seal choice, I would say that its a safe bet to make that the choice really hasnt changed much (excluding SoR now being an AoE seal): SoT for single target/dps, Insight for times when threat does not matter but survival does, and SoR for AoE. If you want to get even more specific, SoT will likely be similar to Ret now, used for 1-3 targets and long living ones, and SoR for 3+ targets and faster burns. Math will one day disagree with that to a degree though Im sure.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed May 16, 2012 7:11 am

For boss tanking, depending on how health returns and healing turn out in the final version, it's possible that like in the start of Cata we will be using Seal of Insight.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kelsiar » Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 am

Thank you guys for the replies. Your information was very helpful.
Kelsiar

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta