Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Level"

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 09, 2012 6:51 am

Well they are getting rid of the mass summon thing in the expansion.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby GMPoison » Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 am

Nikachelle wrote:Well they are getting rid of the mass summon thing in the expansion.


That I'm very excited about.

Everyone that started playing in Cata will be able to experience having to fly out to the summoning stone and one by one summoning your whole raid. I wish there were other things they could reverse back to the simple good 'ol days of WoW, such as removing the ability to fly in Azeroth.

I really enjoyed having to use either a flight path or a ground mount to get everywhere, making 2/3 - seaters what the used to be, useful and enjoyable. Though now that we've been able to fly above and around everything, it wouldnt be the same, having already seen what we used to not be able to. :(
GMPoison
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Sagara » Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 am

Why did I imagine THAT while reading this?

Also, myself cackling at my raiders not wanting to move to the raid by themselves.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby oldboyz » Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 am

IMO,or it is a full account sytem or it has to stay the way it is today

HF such as “Explore Thousand Needles”, under a unique meta-HF rule, should be also able to be done by different characters (one explore all west, other explore all east, tadam achievement granted)

Even a gnome lv2 should be allowed to tittle “defender of a shattered world”. As an alt, I prefer to go in dunjon with this guy rather than with <legololz-no title>
And if my lv20 alt met another lv20 opponent “gladiator”, it may warn me it will be not an as easy victim as other

Then, it is fine for me as long as armory have dedicated stats for each character and it is possible to check how far and how many time a character killed each boss


As a personal note
I’ve a hunter dedicated to achievement and pvp (12900 pts, 210k VH), but since Cata), but most of my raid is with my tankadin which I enjoy even more but it is a pain in the ass each time I manage a new achiev. with.
I would be quite happy with a merge, I would even more dedicate my hunt to pvp purpose only and play pve only with my pal and alt as needed by the guild
oldboyz
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 am

Sagara wrote:
Also, myself cackling at my raiders not wanting to move to the raid by themselves.

We used to have a guild rule (and it's probably still on our site), that you had to be AT the raid summoning stone or you wouldn't get your on time dkp. This became rather irrelevant once we hit the guild level for summoning... but I can see it'll be back in full effect next expansion!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby theckhd » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 am

GMPoison wrote:They're slowly getting rid of all the old quality's of wow that made it great. Have Group Will Travel means you dont have to explore and use a summoning stone like the good 'ol days. You can now fly everywhere which makes the world less mysterious and exciting to explore. I remember when you acually had to run back to your body or be rezz'd individualy before Mass Rezz, or bring your own food and flasks before all of the new guild perks.

I just think that Blizz needs to leave what few old qualitys it has alone, such as if you earn an achievement on one character, you only have it on that one character.
GMPoison wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Well they are getting rid of the mass summon thing in the expansion.


That I'm very excited about.

Everyone that started playing in Cata will be able to experience having to fly out to the summoning stone and one by one summoning your whole raid. I wish there were other things they could reverse back to the simple good 'ol days of WoW, such as removing the ability to fly in Azeroth.

If waiting around for two people to fly to the summoning stone just so I can participate in a dungeon or raid is a "quality" that makes a game "great," you have very different definitions of "quality," "great," and most importantly "fun" than I do. Similarly for individual resurrections, running back from the graveyard, food, flasks, etc. None of those aspects of the game are "fun," they're just hoops you have to jump through to actually play the game. This backwards-ass "well in MY DAY, we had to march for 10 minutes uphill both ways to get the raid instance" bullshit has no place in a modern MMO. Good riddance.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 am

Well there is some merit to doing things the "hard way". It certainly tells you who is willing to be prepared for a raid and usually they are the ones who will expend more energy fixing themselves, etc. With the ease of flasks and teleportation and whatnot, I feel some raiders tend to slack on other aspects of the game since they can already slack on areas that the game makes easier for themselves. If you're expected to be individually prepared for a raid by yourself, you tend to hold more responsibility over the nature of your own character. (i.e., you won't just make sure you've got food, you'd also make sure you've got flasks and some pots, etc.)

Also, some of us DO think that fishing for food (well, in Wrath when buff food WAS fishable for tanks... I'm looking at you Lavascale Catfish, you bastard) is actually fun, or at least a worthwhile endeavour.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby theckhd » Wed May 09, 2012 7:51 am

Nikachelle wrote:Well there is some merit to doing things the "hard way". It certainly tells you who is willing to be prepared for a raid and usually they are the ones who will expend more energy fixing themselves, etc. With the ease of flasks and teleportation and whatnot, I feel some raiders tend to slack on other aspects of the game since they can already slack on areas that the game makes easier for themselves. If you're expected to be individually prepared for a raid by yourself, you tend to hold more responsibility over the nature of your own character. (i.e., you won't just make sure you've got food, you'd also make sure you've got flasks and some pots, etc.)

I disagree with this as a generalization. I play with a lot of other lazy raiders, myself included, that like to wait for summons and use guild flasks/feasts. Some of those players are fucking awesome at this game though, and optimize for every encounter. The laziness in one aspect doesn't translate to the other aspect. I'd hesitate to even draw a correlation there.

Similarly, I optimize my gear fairly regularly (or did, anyway, before everything became farm content), but I'm terrible about remembering to restock on flasks/potions/etc. I tend to just buy full stacks when I notice that I run out. That part of the game just doesn't hold much appeal to me, honestly, so I don't think about it much.

Also, some of us DO think that fishing for food (well, in Wrath when buff food WAS fishable for tanks... I'm looking at you Lavascale Catfish, you bastard) is actually fun, or at least a worthwhile endeavour.

I don't understand what you mean here. Someone still needs to fish so that the materials are available to make feasts and/or mastery food, so that hasn't changed. Or, in my case, buy those fish off the AH - my time is too valuable to me to spend it farming for things anymore. I'm more interested in spending time doing the fun parts of the game.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 8003
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Sabindeus » Wed May 09, 2012 9:06 am

This just in: Different people find different parts/aspects of the game fun/important/worthwhile!
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10476
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Winkle » Wed May 09, 2012 9:39 am

The best place to fish is always the AH.

It's also the best place to herb, mine and skin.
Winkle
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Qeeze » Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 am

Nikachelle wrote:Ehhhh not sure I agree with that. It's not like the person on their alt can take the gear that dropped and apply it to their main.

Never say never :lol: We might see account bound drops at some point. Ya never know with Blizzard. I am surprised you use dkp for a 10 man though.

We work as a team. Gear drops are secondary to getting a kill. Once a fight is learned it's a lot easier to repeat the next week, and gearing our raid has never been that big a deal. Like every raid we get too many of one thing, and not enough of something else. In time though everyone gets decked out.

We haven't seen anything about loot for MoP yet really or raid lock outs. With 11 classes I really really hope they just go to a standard slot token for tier gear. My guild for example got hardly any conqueror tokens, and when they did drop went for primary dkp, while other tokens dropped so often they started going for secondary dkp. We use a dkp system & run a bid mod we wrote 7 years ago. It's fast, fair, and does what dkp should do, distribute loot quickly with no drama.

When it comes to flask and feast mats, I have as many as a dozen farmers regularly mailing me their stacks of fish and herbs. I pay just at (or slightly over even) over the going AH rate, For them it's a fast way to sell their stuff. What they don't seen to realize is I'm often the one controlling the servers AH price. As a result no one in our guild has to farm anything. If anyone needs something I can get it delivered in a few short hours.
Image
Qeeze
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby GMPoison » Wed May 09, 2012 11:56 am

theckhd wrote:
GMPoison wrote:They're slowly getting rid of all the old quality's of wow that made it great. Have Group Will Travel means you dont have to explore and use a summoning stone like the good 'ol days. You can now fly everywhere which makes the world less mysterious and exciting to explore. I remember when you acually had to run back to your body or be rezz'd individualy before Mass Rezz, or bring your own food and flasks before all of the new guild perks.

I just think that Blizz needs to leave what few old qualitys it has alone, such as if you earn an achievement on one character, you only have it on that one character.
GMPoison wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Well they are getting rid of the mass summon thing in the expansion.


That I'm very excited about.

Everyone that started playing in Cata will be able to experience having to fly out to the summoning stone and one by one summoning your whole raid. I wish there were other things they could reverse back to the simple good 'ol days of WoW, such as removing the ability to fly in Azeroth.

If waiting around for two people to fly to the summoning stone just so I can participate in a dungeon or raid is a "quality" that makes a game "great," you have very different definitions of "quality," "great," and most importantly "fun" than I do. Similarly for individual resurrections, running back from the graveyard, food, flasks, etc. None of those aspects of the game are "fun," they're just hoops you have to jump through to actually play the game. This backwards-ass "well in MY DAY, we had to march for 10 minutes uphill both ways to get the raid instance" bullshit has no place in a modern MMO. Good riddance.


Backwards-ass? You can state your oppinion, but dont call mine "backwards-ass". Dont be the guy that waits around for two people to fly to the summoning stone, be one of those people that fly out yourself.

So I guess I do have very different definitions of "quality," "great," and most importantly "fun" than you do.
GMPoison
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby Teranoid » Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 pm

theckhd wrote: This backwards-ass "well in MY DAY, we had to march for 10 minutes uphill both ways to get the raid instance" bullshit has no place in a modern MMO. Good riddance.


Holy shit a hundred times this. There's nothing stopping you from riding your ground mount everywhere if being able to fly in Azeroth bothers you so much. There's nothing stopping you from being in front of the instance before raid starts and zoning in. This whole "good old days" is bullshit nostalgia and nothing more. 90% of Vanilla was a mess whether it be having to babysit your toon as you had to jump 12 flightpaths just to get from point A to point B or having to have locks go farm soul shards for 2 hours and mages conjure 40 stacks of food and water for the raid 45 minutes beforehand.

Take off those rose colored glasses.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby GMPoison » Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Getting back on topic...

I am glad they're removing Have Group Will Travel, though they're not doing it because thats what people want, they're doing it because of the re introduction of World Bosses.

Both changes I'm glad to see they're making!!!
GMPoison
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby halabar » Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm

GMPoison wrote:Getting back on topic...

I am glad they're removing Have Group Will Travel, though they're not doing it because thats what people want, they're doing it because of the re introduction of World Bosses.

Both changes I'm glad to see they're making!!!


I don't think it's just that. It's for rare spawns and a lot of other stuff that give guilds at that level an advantage over other players.

They should leave HGWT, but just for raids.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest