GC answered a prot post, and didn't say much

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: GC answered a prot post, and didn't say much

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Speaking of WoG, is it still looking like we'll use Seal of Insight for tanking?

Answer Hazy. Try Again Later.

(Seriously, it's too early to tell. I'm afraid of that possibility as well, but at this point nothing hits hard enough to warrant maxing our survivability out.)
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 am

theckhd wrote:Parry-haste confirmation? Do I win?

Considering that you've got a regular 2.6s swing in less than 0.6s, "winning" is an overly prosaic description. :lol:

Code: Select all
[15:07:34.837] Theck hits Corrupt Droplet 5034
[15:07:35.289] Corrupt Droplet hits Theck Parry
[15:07:35.289] Corrupt Droplet hits Theck Parry
[15:07:35.373] Theck hits Corrupt Droplet 6185
tlitp

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Well they're supposed to be tuning 5 mans as quick and easy like in WotLK this time round. For most of those runs we'll likely just use glyphed WoG for AoE damage. For raids, there'll be choice depending on situation (current health and type of incoming damage).

Well, I guess what I should really say is that I hope that the 5-man heroics aren't tuned such that using active mitigation properly gets lost in the noise (as opposed to the other extreme of not doing it right == wipe). The HoT heroics were pretty good - making them quick isn't mutually exclusive of having a bit of challenge. Though I wonder if the other changes (scenarios, LFR, challenge modes, no VP vendor gear, etc) will make LFD 5-man heroics have a bit of competition with regards to non-raiding players time... would be nice to have a couple more options when you log in.
benebarba

Postby Darus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 pm

The importance of self healing boils down to which raiding format, encounter and composition your running. DK's are the perfect example right now, super strong in 10man and specially on a gimmickie encounter like yorsahj where incoming heals is limited. The more you scale down the raid format the more impact it'll have. I know as a 25man raider that WoG without the added bubble effect wont be a spell I pick over ShoR, the only time I'd see myself dropping the ShoR buff for WoG is if I'd drop down low enough with having loh or AD available. The ShoR glyph is pretty ridiculous aswell =P warriors get their shield slam boosted without a cost and we have to pay pretty much the full price.

Fact is though, Ive played feral tank prot warrior and prot paladin this past expansion depending on whats been hot at the time for my raid progression =P And Im really unexcited about all of them, its not just the paladins that feels a bit numb right now.
Darus

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm

ShoR is our equivalent to Shield Block, now, not Shield Slam, and Shield Block does no damage at all. That's why Theck was saying the damage is higher than it should be right now - it's an off-GCD defensive move, it shouldn't hit hard.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:ShoR is our equivalent to Shield Block, now, not Shield Slam, and Shield Block does no damage at all. That's why Theck was saying the damage is higher than it should be right now - it's an off-GCD defensive move, it shouldn't hit hard.

When glyphed with the block value bonus just 5%. Unglyphed it doesn't hit particularly hard about as hard as glyphed focus shield Avengers Shield.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 am

How is "harder than our other spells" not still "hard"?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:26 am

Flex wrote:When glyphed with the block value bonus just 5%. Unglyphed it doesn't hit particularly hard about as hard as glyphed focus shield Avengers Shield.

Unglyphed SotR hits a little harder than unglphed AS. Here's my log from a ToJS run on Sunday. SotR is glyphed, AS is not. SotR hitting for 30.5k, AS hitting for 15.5k. J for 14.5k, Cons/CS/HW for about 9k each (HW is tough to see there because it's hitting multiples), HotR is about 8.5k on single targets.

When I was soloing earlier in the day, the numbers were a little different: 21k SotR, 11k AS, 9.5k J, ~7k HW/Cons/CS, ~6k HotR.

The odd thing is that I remember starting out the day by testing our single-target abilities, and unglyphed SotR kept coming in at around 10k compared to 11k for AS. But the log doesn't seem to support those observations, so I'm not sure what happened. I'll probably be logging on beta for a while tonight, so I'll re-test them.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Flex » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:23 am

KysenMurrin wrote:How is "harder than our other spells" not still "hard"?

Because I don't consider 13 to 14 thousand without vengeance that hard.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta