Remove Advertisements

New things you've noticed

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New things you've noticed

Postby Chicken » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 am

There's an early implementation of the Pet Journal accessible already, you just need to assign a keybinding to it. It's at the bottom of the Interface Panel Functions of the Key Bindings interface. It's nowhere close to finished yet, but it does allow me to summon the pets of my transferred character on a freshly created panda.
Chicken

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:44 am

So they took away the Cleanse glyph that let you break movement impairment, and gave Ret a spell called Emancipation that breaks movement impairment... which doesn't work!

So mad for so many reasons.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Gab » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 am

Sabindeus wrote:So they took away the Cleanse glyph that let you break movement impairment, and gave Ret a spell called Emancipation that breaks movement impairment... which doesn't work!

I thought the glyph reduced mana cost and that cleanse was modified to get the movement impairment effect by taking at least 1/2 AoS.

EDIT: Nevermind... been a long day, guess I forgot what forum I was in.
Gab

Postby Yelena » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:56 am

Sabindeus wrote:So they took away the Cleanse glyph that let you break movement impairment, and gave Ret a spell called Emancipation that breaks movement impairment... which doesn't work!

They'll probably fix the fact that Emancipation doesn't actually break anything within a patch or two.

Prot Paladins not having a (spammable) way to remove movement impairing effects just maintains the status quo we've dealt with for the last 18 months. Nothing changes for Prot and Ret, in that regard, Holy actually comes out worse with Cleanse having an 8 second cooldown.

To be fair, Prot Paladins were already the red headed step-child Flag Carrier for Rated Battlegrounds in Cataclysm, that's going to continue in Pandaclysm with how things are panning out.

Anything that increases your health synergizes extremely well with Resilience (or PvP Defense, whatever they want to call it). That made Last Stand (and similar effects) vastly superior to Ardent Defender in practice, the death save usually didn't do much beyond prolong the inevitable by 1-2 seconds, especially in the current season.

Mobility: We have a few more options here, which is a welcome change. That said; still doesn't hold a candle to what other Flag Carriers (short of DKs) have available.

I think I'd be less irritated if Blizzard fixes the fact that you can't trinket knockdown effects, especially in light of Warbringer and Dragon Roar (which has 1/3 of the cooldown of Blinding Light, by the way). That's why you pretty much couldn't do a damn thing for the first 3 seconds of a Throwdown.

Sure, we have more healing options now, which isn't a bad thing at all. Unfortunately that doesn't matter much when you're chain-stunned and perma-silenced.

I don't think the sky is falling yet, and we already know that tanks see relatively zero balance in PvP terms. With how everything is looking currently, I'll probably save myself the headache this time around and just start running flags on my Warrior.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah I hear that, personally I PVP as Ret though, but looks like I have to wait a patch or two before I can get any PVP in, because without Emancipation, even with LAotL and Burden of Guilt AND Seal of Justice I can't keep any ranged dude in melee with me long enough to do any reasonable amount of damage.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fenris » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am

Ok,i managed to stay online 30sec to check a few things

-SoV is stacked only by CS and Sotr (not by judgment/AS like on live/older builds)
-AS silence is applied only on the first target
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby PsiVen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 pm

If they fuck this up again and make it Ret-only I'm going to be extremely pissed.

I don't care if it's sane to PvP as Prot. Is it too much to ask to be able to get into melee range with people to smack them with fish?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Nordix » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E5Qj0VoH18

You can see the new spelleffects and animations in this video (Including the new awesome templar verdict spinning-smash)
Speaking from pvp perspective only:
I like how they only fixed holypower generation and gave us a slow only with the huge new expansion-revamp,meanwhile warlocks and rogues are insanely disgustingly overpowered (kinda along with warriors,but warriors are in bad shape right now,they deserve a little love).
Why do paladins have to have the retarded weaker/nerfed version of all the cool ,useful or mandatory abilities,with reduced efficiency and increased cooldown?
Blinding light vs dragon roar f.ex
Nordix

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 am

Nordix wrote:Blinding light vs dragon roar f.ex

Blinding Light is a class ability. Dragon Roar is a talent that means you can't get Bladestorm or Shockwave.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 am

Flex wrote:
Nordix wrote:Blinding light vs dragon roar f.ex

Blinding Light is a class ability. Dragon Roar is a talent that means you can't get Bladestorm or Shockwave.

Conversely we get talent abilities that are almost competent versions of class abilities! e.g. Burden of Guilt, Long Arm of the Law
Sabindeus

Postby Qeeze » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 pm

As players get to level 87 we get to see how the new Druid spell Symbiosis works out. So far it looks interesting. Naturally though it looks like Holy & Ret Paladins will be unlikely to get it in a raid as it's probably going to be used on tanks.
Qeeze

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:26 am

I like the SPriest/Tree combo. Leap of Faith for Tranquility. Most of the swaps ae very situational, so you'd probably just work out what spells you need based on the encounters.

Wonder if the Bone Shield/Might of Ursoc swap will make it live - having two tanks exchange minor cooldowns like that could be too powerful.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Chicken » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I like the SPriest/Tree combo. Leap of Faith for Tranquility. Most of the swaps ae very situational, so you'd probably just work out what spells you need based on the encounters.

Wonder if the Bone Shield/Might of Ursoc swap will make it live - having two tanks exchange minor cooldowns like that could be too powerful.
Keep in mind that's it's not a swap/exchange as such. You (and the druid) get to keep the original ability as well as getting an additional ability from the other guy.

If anyone's wondering how that works with setting up your action bars and such, once a Druid has cast Symbiosis on you once you get a new ability in your spellbook called "Symbiosis", which will morph into the appropriate ability if a Druid casts Symbiosis on you again. So you can keep the extra Druid ability in a standard part of your action bars with that, even if you don't always have it.
Chicken

Postby Nordix » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 am

Feral gets bubble (divine shield)

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.
also,that ability will make druids even better at synergizing with anyone than rogues do:D
fun shit,wish we could get cool things like druids get.
Nordix

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:13 am

Yeah, I get that. That's why it'll be problematic - if it was full a swap it'd not be that bad.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta